Author Topic: Kiwi Help Required!!  (Read 1754 times)

acheux_rifleman

Kiwi Help Required!!
« on: February 01, 2007, 06:48:33 PM »
Help!!

Anyone out there have any knowledge on records for those who served with the N.Z.E.F. in the Great War, particularly the 8th Otago Regiment??

Are there any service records, war diaries, memorial rolls available online, or would some kind soul possibly do a 'look-up' for me?

I am interested in a Belfastman, Gordon W. Lockhart, who served with that Regiment, and fell, with many of his comrades on the 8th May 1915  at Gallipoli. He served as Pte, 8/1277 Gordon William Lockhart and the CWGC indicates his family were from Bloomfield, East Belfast. He is commemorated on 12 Tree Copse.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best Wishes,

Acheux.

rangismith

Re: Kiwi Help Required!!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 10:41:06 AM »
Try putting Archway in your Google. Search there for the blokes name in full. It is a search engine for Archives New Zealand. They have the Army personell records for a Gordon William LOCKHART, you can order them from overseas.

Mail me offlist for help if you need it.

Peter in NZ

[email protected]

scattybatt

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 08:28:28 PM »
Hi Peter, Acheux here!! Very many thanks for that info!!

Went onto the site - first time - and very good!! Don't often research Kiwi servicemen, but another resource for the future!! Have e-mailed them today to see if I can get a copy of his records (although is says local access to the records in Wellington only). Hopefully they'll have a bit of dispensation for someone like myself!!

By the way, replying through my wife's registration as I left in disgust a few months ago - although still take a sneaky peak!!

If there's ever anything you need locally, just PM my wifes name.

Best Wishes and many thanks once again,

Phil.

rangismith

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 12:49:23 AM »
G'day there Phil, I would appreciate a Church of Ireland lookup for my 2 x Great Grandfather baptized 12 March 1790 at Hillhall, Drumbo, County Down.
Parents unknown at this stage.

My wife travels to Wellington for work and may be able to access the personell file for you.

Kind regards Peter

Christopher

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 03:23:53 AM »
G'day there Phil, I would appreciate a Church of Ireland lookup for my 2 x Great Grandfather baptized 12 March 1790 at Hillhall, Drumbo, County Down.
Parents unknown at this stage.

My wife travels to Wellington for work and may be able to access the personell file for you.

Kind regards Peter

Hiya Peter,

I've created a link to your Lookup PRO thread.

Christopher