Author Topic: New Zealand Calling  (Read 68091 times)

Bigali

Re: New Zealand Calling
« Reply #540 on: November 21, 2016, 01:09:07 PM »
Did you know that today was the last day of the Somme campaign 100 years ago. ::)
I gave a lecture at lunchtime today on W.W.1. @ U3A....University of the Third Age.
Most people remember the 1st day ( 1st July ) seemingly not many remember the end of the campaign. :(

There was a good programme on BBC NI last night commemorating the end of the battle, it looked at several of the many men who had won the Victoria Cross during the battle including among others Robert Quigg from Bushmills and William McFadzean from Belfast . There was a blue plaque unveiled recently at the house where William McFadzean lived on the Cregagh Road which is now a doctors surgery.
Tout Prest

sj

« Reply #541 on: November 21, 2016, 01:21:23 PM »
Good to know that Bigali but there is nothing about the end of the campaign here in Australia. :o
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

IrishDigger

« Reply #542 on: April 28, 2018, 08:18:39 AM »
Party politics aside I was wondering how your Prime Minister Jacinda Arden is regarded in New Zealand as she seemed to be well regarded at the Commonwealth Heads of State Meeting?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/30/new-zealand-likely-to-become-a-republic-in-my-lifetime-says-jacinda-ardern

We had a female Prime Minister who turned out to be a bit of a disaster.

Cheers.

IrishDigger
Australia

brianmckeever

« Reply #543 on: April 29, 2018, 12:40:49 PM »
She'll be right!

sj

« Reply #544 on: June 05, 2018, 09:21:41 AM »
MATE... :)   bRIAN Ireland is playing Australia next Saturday in Brisbane.      :)

brianmckeever

« Reply #545 on: June 05, 2018, 11:49:35 AM »
Hi Sam,I'm looking forward to watching the game if TVNZ or SKY cover it.  You only need to drive down the road. :)

sj

« Reply #546 on: June 06, 2018, 05:34:38 AM »
Hi Sam,I'm looking forward to watching the game if TVNZ or SKY cover it.  You only need to drive down the road. :)

Hello Brian...It  should be a good game.  The temp should be about 22c with the possibility of showers.   I left it too late to get reasonable seats and when I tried there were a few $120 seats left.   You are correct about it being 20 mins away.  It is on free to air T.V. here so N.Z. should be able to show it free.  Hope that you are well.
Take care, Sam.

Dub

« Reply #547 on: June 25, 2018, 01:31:26 PM »
MATE... :)   bRIAN Ireland is playing Australia next Saturday in Brisbane.      :)
Well Sam, are you happy with the final result?
If you don't read the papers you are not informed.
If you do read the papers you are misinformed.( Mark Twain.)

sj

« Reply #548 on: June 25, 2018, 11:34:24 PM »
EXTREMELY , Alex.   It was all about which side of the draw Australia would play in at the world cup next year.  Ireland avoids N.Z. who are in the other side.
Falou seemigly did a similar tackle on the Irish captain earlier in the game and a panel is going to look at that tackle but it is just what  Australia needed because they now have a standard to meet and beat.
How are you and Jessie ?  Havn't seen much of you recently. We were in India and Philippines last year and and Vietnam just recently as they did not require a very long plane trip.  So we might visit N.Z. next year but who knows.   Have been studying the Jews and the history of China for the U.3.A. so keep busy at least the brain keeps busy. :)