Author Topic: New Zealand Calling  (Read 75270 times)

sj

Re: New Zealand Calling
« Reply #420 on: April 07, 2013, 11:10:31 AM »
Good to hear from you Greyghost.....the smell at Greencastle was bad... ;) but today it is a great place and full of professional people living beside the sea.
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

kevthered123

« Reply #421 on: May 27, 2013, 04:23:40 PM »
Any of you guys from Rotorua on the North Island, or Waiheke Island off coast of Aukland ? Two beautiful places...    I have family there and great to visit them from Ireland every few years...beautiful country NZ is I must say.

brianmckeever

« Reply #422 on: June 22, 2013, 08:14:10 AM »
Hi Kev,
I caught the bus from Hastings to Auckland last Tuesday and had an hour and a half stop in Rotorua,
On Wednesday I went on the ferry to Waiheke Island---lovely in spite of the rain.
Back to Hastings Thursday.

sj

« Reply #423 on: June 23, 2013, 07:59:43 AM »
Hello Brian

The British & Irish Lions were lucky to win last night.   You can post your comments on the LOUNGE thread. ;)  Hope that you are well?

DMW

« Reply #424 on: December 24, 2013, 01:41:10 PM »
It's Christmas Eve here in Canada - already Christmas Day in New Zealand - wishing everyone there a very Merry Christmas.

sj

« Reply #425 on: December 25, 2013, 03:26:10 AM »
  Hello DMW. .This is Australia ....noone in N.Z. anymore. .who  can post ???

naumai

« Reply #426 on: December 25, 2013, 04:49:03 AM »
merry Christmas to all from NZ,still a few of us left sj. had 18 children,grandchildren ,g/grandchildren,had a great day.  most gone home now. also a special day its my 72 nd birthday,    so I get all the attention.   cheers Alanb.

DMW

« Reply #427 on: December 25, 2013, 04:49:49 AM »
sj  -  I got a post just last weekend from Desandel - oh wait that was a PM.  Would that make a difference. When I posted earlier - I did get a notification it was over 120 day old but I posted anyway - obviously it took.?

sj

« Reply #428 on: December 25, 2013, 12:06:55 PM »
good to make contact with you both.  Christmas day is now over whilst in Belfast it's noon and people are sitting down to lunch. ...it's a big world. :)

emcmullan

« Reply #429 on: December 26, 2013, 04:49:32 AM »
Any mcgennitys on his thread.

Desandel

« Reply #430 on: December 26, 2013, 10:31:30 AM »
hope everyone is well.  coming to the close of boxing day here in Doubtless Bay, Northland.  Had a lovely Christmas day with our daughterand her family.  Weather a bit wet and cooler of late but enjoyed the beach anyway. Boys did a bit of fishing and caught a few snapper.  Out again early tomorrow so hopefully more lovely fresh fish for dinner.  Will look forward to seeing the meet photos. regards and have a great new year and a healthy one. El and Des

DMW

« Reply #431 on: December 26, 2013, 04:10:55 PM »
Desandel - I'm taking a flying leap and guessing the last post was from Eleanor.  Glad to read you had a good Christmas with your daughter. I don't know if you saw ,the get together originally cancelled from Dec 14 has been tentatively rescheduled -weather permitting - for Dec 28th.
Also, we have exchanged info on books and I have been directed by my brother's nephew (is he related to me ?) to a young woman writer from Newry  - Claire McGowan - who has produced a couple of books - The Fall and The Lost - murder/crime mysteries. I found the first one last year and it took me another 10/11 months to find the second, so I don't know how far out the distribution goes. Just thought you might find them interesting.
Enjoy your stay with your family.

brianmckeever

« Reply #432 on: December 30, 2013, 10:13:59 AM »
  Hello DMW. .This is Australia ....noone in N.Z. anymore. .who  can post ???

Sam   Us Irish exiles in New Zealand are still smarting from the many losses by Ireland to the Allblacks
Its so disheartening!
I read on a thread that you have resettled in Brisbane.

sj

« Reply #433 on: December 30, 2013, 12:11:31 PM »
Not yet Brian but soon. ..I am basking in the glory of a 4-0 result in the Ashes Tests.... :D

Happy New Year Brian and N.Z.     ALMOST 1ST IN THE WORLD.

manu4life

« Reply #434 on: January 02, 2014, 12:50:53 AM »
Lovely country nz. Visit family there every 3-4 years who emigrated from Belfast. Some beautiful places cape rianga , bay of Islands , lake tapo , matamata , not forgetting hobbiton village where the hobit movie / lord of the rings has been recorded in. Great day tour I had there.