Author Topic: New Zealand Calling  (Read 79974 times)

sj

Re: New Zealand Calling
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2009, 12:50:16 PM »
It's a deal Greyghost but it's a bit colder than here( North of Cairns..queensland) :)
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

greyghost

« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2009, 01:50:15 AM »
Ah no need to worry about the cold, just bring a hot water bottle and a bottle of John Jameson. :) :) Just to add to that. Anyone from this forum, if you are planing a trip to NZ you will always be welcome, it's never a problem to throw another spud or six in the pot. Just leave me a PM to arrange it.
Dorothy O'Donnell (nee Simmons)
www.odos-photos.com

sj

« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2009, 04:28:11 AM »
Greyghost...what is a typical N.Z. lunch ...without Lamb. ;)

Belle Fast

« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2009, 05:12:40 AM »
We had a great trip to NZ five years ago. We hired a camper van in Christchurch drove around the south island, took the ferry over to the north island and left the van in Auckland. My favourite places were an overnight stay at the foot of Mount Cook and the town of Napier.  :) It was in December but the weather wasn't the best.

greyghost

« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2009, 04:29:27 AM »
SJ, lambs too expensive these days, how about pea, pie and spud.  :)
www.odos-photos.com

sj

« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2009, 07:25:00 AM »
SJ, lambs too expensive these days, how about pea, pie and spud.  :)

Greyghost....You'll have to  do better than that....we had a meeting in Belle's house just about 2 yrs ago.  The champagne and prawns and chicken was flowing.  Are you guy in N.Z. in the middle of a recession , or something,,,none here .( offically) :) ;)
I look forward to it ??

naumai

« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2009, 08:33:26 AM »
Hi sj and GG ,we have just come home after 3 weeks on the gold coast ,papers keep saying the recession is over,but there was no one there,couldént believe it ,we have been going there  most winters for nearly 20 years.never seen it like that.        BUT the weather was perfect 21 -25% every day,

sj

« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2009, 11:08:08 AM »
Hi sj and GG ,we have just come home after 3 weeks on the gold coast ,papers keep saying the recession is over,but there was no one there,couldént believe it ,we have been going there  most winters for nearly 20 years.never seen it like that.        BUT the weather was perfect 21 -25% every day,

The people are North of Cairns.  I went for a walk tonight and Trinity Beach has lots of tourists.   I think that people who normally go to Bali are coming here :) ;)

greyghost

« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2009, 01:11:38 AM »
Tourism has slowed here, although I have heard that quite a few Australians are visiting. :)
I guess I could muster up a bit better than PPnP. But we'll see. lol
www.odos-photos.com

pajamo46

« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2009, 04:54:08 AM »
The people are North of Cairns.  I went for a walk tonight and Trinity Beach has lots of tourists.   I think that people who normally go to Bali are coming here :) ;)
Hi Naumai, Trinity beach is good, but would recommend the beautiful beach at Palm Cove, just a few Kms north...spectecular, enjoyed a few good Xmas hols there.
Must say though we are still getting a fair number of visitors in Rotorua, and the Bay beaches would rival Aussie beaches (in the summer), Regards Pajamo46

pajamo46

« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2009, 04:54:59 AM »
Hi Sj, Trinity beach is good, but would recommend the beautiful beach at Palm Cove, just a few Kms north...spectecular, enjoyed a few good Xmas hols there.
Must say though we are still getting a fair number of visitors in Rotorua, and the Bay beaches would rival Aussie beaches (in the summer), Regards Pajamo46

Belle Fast

« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2009, 03:29:04 PM »
sj i've had enough of the rain this winter, I've booked Bali for next July.Saving Queensland for when I'm old  :D

sj

« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2009, 10:55:56 PM »
sj i've had enough of the rain this winter, I've booked Bali for next July.Saving Queensland for when I'm old  :D

You are giving yourse;f plenty of time to get your passport for Queensland organised...your lucky because people from N.Z. need to have a visa and proof that they are not destitute. :) ;)

naumai

« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2009, 01:32:34 AM »
Hi pajamo46,yes I prefer our beaches over the ones in OZ in summer ,theirs are far to hot for me. we had a week at the mount in feb it was very nice.  one of my sons lives in melbourne ,his in-laws went visiting when the bush fires were on poor old lloyd reckoned it was 47% when he got of the plane and they spent a week sitting in the pool only place to keep cool.

greyghost

« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2009, 02:23:01 AM »
I like our beaches, no sharks...
Here are a few more pictures taken in and around Otago.

Kelp Roots
www.odos-photos.com