Author Topic: New Zealand Calling  (Read 75156 times)

greyghost

Re: New Zealand Calling
« Reply #255 on: December 28, 2010, 12:50:30 AM »
Re Earthquakes in Christchurch, Firstly they are treating the damage to the CBD as new damage, my sister lives in Christchurch she said the constant shakes are really hard on the nerves, no one can relax and just when you do  along comes another shake. I live in Oamaru 3 hours south of chch and I have to admit I am glad that we are here and not there.
Dorothy O'Donnell (nee Simmons)
www.odos-photos.com

brianmckeever

« Reply #256 on: December 28, 2010, 01:15:08 AM »
YOUR DRINKING ?? ;) i can tell.....he's a physocology student and they need lots of help in Cambodia.
I read an article recently about a hijack of an ice-cream van near Hastings a few days ago.  The guy stole the van and then bombarded people with ice cream....can you confirm the truth of the newspaper article. :scratch_ones_head:

Yes indeed , Sam, not two hundred yards from here round the corner.
He is of no fixed abode and is remanded in custody over Christmas-New Year.
It's amazing what journalists pick up to amuse us.

greyghost

« Reply #257 on: December 28, 2010, 01:46:24 AM »
Mr Whippy van hijacked in drunken rampagePosted Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:37am AEDT
A drunk New Zealander hijacked a Mr Whippy van at knifepoint then hurled ice creams at passers-by during a vanilla and alcohol-fuelled rampage, reports said.
Joseph David Banks, 21, admitted running amok in the North Island town of Hastings last week, but was so drunk he could not remember the incident, the Hawke's Bay Today newspaper reported.
Court documents showed that on the evening of December 7, Banks armed himself with a butcher's knife and threatened the life of a woman holding her young child on the street, before crawling into a nearby Mr Whippy truck.
The unemployed man then used the van's facilities to make soft serve ice creams and throw them at people on the footpath.
When police confronted Banks, the ice cream van bandit refused to cool down and resisted arrest until back-up arrived.
Banks pleaded guilty on Wednesday to a series of charges, including threatening to kill, resisting police, disorderly behaviour and possession of an offensive weapon.
He was remanded in custody for sentencing on Friday.
www.odos-photos.com

kraftcheese

« Reply #258 on: December 28, 2010, 02:02:16 AM »
Mr Whippy van hijacked in drunken rampagePosted Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:37am AEDT
A drunk New Zealander hijacked a Mr Whippy van at knifepoint then hurled ice creams at passers-by during a vanilla and alcohol-fuelled rampage, reports said.
Joseph David Banks, 21, admitted running amok in the North Island town of Hastings last week, but was so drunk he could not remember the incident, the Hawke's Bay Today newspaper reported.
Court documents showed that on the evening of December 7, Banks armed himself with a butcher's knife and threatened the life of a woman holding her young child on the street, before crawling into a nearby Mr Whippy truck.
The unemployed man then used the van's facilities to make soft serve ice creams and throw them at people on the footpath.
When police confronted Banks, the ice cream van bandit refused to cool down and resisted arrest until back-up arrived.
Banks pleaded guilty on Wednesday to a series of charges, including threatening to kill, resisting police, disorderly behaviour and possession of an offensive weapon.
He was remanded in custody for sentencing on Friday.

GG, what sort of an idiot is he? :D   Well he'll soon be off to the cooler.  :girl_blum:
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

greyghost

« Reply #259 on: December 28, 2010, 02:18:09 AM »
Now we shouldn't "poke" fun at him.   :girl_blum: :D
www.odos-photos.com

sj

« Reply #260 on: December 28, 2010, 04:26:08 AM »

I won't poke fun at him. .people will do anything to grab the headlines ...could only happen in N.Z. ;)
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

kraftcheese

« Reply #261 on: December 28, 2010, 07:47:30 AM »

:girl_blum: :girl_blum: :D

kraftcheese

« Reply #262 on: December 28, 2010, 08:24:18 AM »
Re Earthquakes in Christchurch, Firstly they are treating the damage to the CBD as new damage, my sister lives in Christchurch she said the constant shakes are really hard on the nerves, no one can relax and just when you do  along comes another shake. I live in Oamaru 3 hours south of chch and I have to admit I am glad that we are here and not there.

GG, that would be very hard on the nerves indeed.  Hope your sister is OK.  There've been a lot of tremors in and around Christchurch, and it's a very scary feeling.  :air_kiss:

sj

« Reply #263 on: December 28, 2010, 09:04:52 AM »
yes G.G. hope that they will all be well. ;)

dogface

« Reply #264 on: January 21, 2011, 08:40:51 PM »
brian  ihave a niece  down your neck of the woods but i suppose its like asking do you know a guy called billy wears a cap ,works in the shipyard,,,,,,,well her  and hubby joanne ,malcolm frazier ? cherio
hold yer head up,there bidding for you

sj

« Reply #265 on: January 21, 2011, 10:13:40 PM »
Why is that name Malcolm Fraser so familar to me?? :unsure: :D

dogface

« Reply #266 on: January 22, 2011, 12:14:28 AM »
Why is that name Malcolm Fraser so familar to me?? :unsure: :D
    BESIDES OTHER THINGS         YOU JUST READ IT  XXX

sj

« Reply #267 on: January 22, 2011, 09:48:43 AM »
    BESIDES OTHER THINGS         YOU JUST READ IT  XXX

You edjet ;) he was a prime minister of Oztralia....what's he doing living in N.Z. :D

dogface

« Reply #268 on: January 23, 2011, 04:54:12 PM »
YES     I     WROTE " BESIDES  OTHER   THINGS"  watery mouth  :girl_blum: :angry2:

sj

« Reply #269 on: January 23, 2011, 10:32:34 PM »
YES     I     WROTE " BESIDES  OTHER   THINGS"  watery mouth  :girl_blum: :angry2:

Yes ....I do droole at the mouth a bit sometimes,  ;) ;)