Author Topic: New Zealand Calling  (Read 78325 times)

Patricia Margaret

Re: New Zealand Calling
« Reply #345 on: April 30, 2011, 03:11:20 AM »
Sam hope you got my pm's. If not check Australia Calling please.

brianmckeever

« Reply #346 on: July 01, 2011, 01:44:52 PM »
Here in Hastings almost every banknote coming through work has a corner tightly folded over.
There is a real fight on to discourage the use of pokie machines, especially among Maori.
The fact that our automatic safe rejects the notes is of little concern if this insignificant act can discourage pokie users or even just make them think.

sydenhambetty

« Reply #347 on: August 28, 2011, 03:47:08 PM »
Hi everyone in NZ. Could any of you let me know about Devonsport, Auckland and what you know about the place. My son may be going there for two years. He is in the Canadian Navy and will be posted there to teach Navigation. Any thoughts on this place would help, thanks in advance, Betty. :)
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.  Oscar Wilde

naumai

« Reply #348 on: August 28, 2011, 09:24:27 PM »
Hi everyone in NZ. Could any of you let me know about Devonsport, Auckland and what you know about the place. My son may be going there for two years. He is in the Canadian Navy and will be posted there to teach Navigation. Any thoughts on this place would help, thanks in advance, Betty. :)
Hi Betty, devonport is a very nice quiet suburb,quite up market,its  ,place were artists ,and arty farty types live,I think it is a wonderful place.     and although quiet it is straight across from centre auckland city ,a quick ferry ride.

sydenhambetty

« Reply #349 on: August 28, 2011, 10:55:18 PM »
Hi Numai, thank you so much.  :-*
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.  Oscar Wilde

sj

« Reply #350 on: September 03, 2011, 02:19:34 PM »
So who is favourite for the R.U.W.C. .hello N.Z. ....OVER :D
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

brianmckeever

« Reply #351 on: September 07, 2011, 12:40:22 PM »
So who is favourite for the R.U.W.C. .hello N.Z. ....OVER :D

Betting on this event has been suspended.... :D
(All the money says there will be only one possible winner---New Zealand.)
Don't you still have hopes for Ireland, though?

sj

« Reply #352 on: September 07, 2011, 02:30:53 PM »
Hello Brian,

I hope to meet you someday.  .have you noticed any supporters....or is a national teams based near you.   Ireland has little chance but will make the quarter finals where South Africa will probably be too strong ??? but who knows as it wouldn't be the first time that the favourite has been knocked out.. ;) ..know what I mean :D

brianmckeever

« Reply #353 on: September 15, 2011, 12:22:06 PM »
New Zealanders have entrusted Ireland with the task of beating Australia on Saturday---just as the Poms entrusted Brian O'Driscoll with the captaincy of the Lions on their last tour of New Zealand ---and we all saw the utube evidence of what Tana Umaga did to him in his first five minutes of play.
New Zealanders slavishly follow the Poms' lead until they spot a way to invoke treachery.
New Zealanders  will go to any lengths to win this world cup--their motto--play hard but fair--but only if you are innocently childlike.
My fervent prayers are asking God to lean towards Ireland.

sj

« Reply #354 on: September 15, 2011, 01:35:24 PM »
New Zealanders have entrusted Ireland with the task of beating Australia on Saturday---just as the Poms entrusted Brian O'Driscoll with the captaincy of the Lions on their last tour of New Zealand ---and we all saw the utube evidence of what Tana Umaga did to him in his first five minutes of play.
New Zealanders slavishly follow the Poms' lead until they spot a way to invoke treachery.
New Zealanders  will go to any lengths to win this world cup--their motto--play hard but fair--but only if you are innocently childlike.
My fervent prayers are asking God to lean towards Ireland.

So am I to believe that N.Z. want someone else to beat Ireland just in case?  That would mean Brian that instead of playing England in the semis that Australia would play South Africa in the quarters and N.Z. in the semis .  The standard of rugby union is streets ahead of the Northern hemisphere ....good luck for Saturday but Australia is peaking at the right time with a very young team. ;)

sj

« Reply #355 on: October 13, 2011, 10:17:04 AM »
Hello N.Z. .Is there anyone there. .fasten seat belts for another weekend of great rugby....what a game ;)   .info so far might be that both teams have injury worries.      Cooper who must be taking something ...he was very slow against S.A. ...could be playing at fullback. .could be a master move. ;)

sj

« Reply #356 on: October 15, 2011, 01:59:02 AM »
Hello People,

So sad to hear about the freight ship that has struck the reef in the Bay of Plenty and is spilling oil onto the beach. .Hope that the ship doesn't break up. :(

barry

« Reply #357 on: October 15, 2011, 02:04:31 AM »
Aye  sj,  what  a  mess  >:D

Here's  to  Wales  tomorrow  (  our )    :drinks:
THAT'S  THE  WAY  I  SEE  IT, THAT'S  THE  WAY I  TELL  IT.

sj

« Reply #358 on: October 15, 2011, 02:21:07 AM »
Aye  sj,  what  a  mess  >:D

Here's  to  Wales  tomorrow  (  our )    :drinks:

Hello Barry,

Good to hear from you.  The sea is very messy looking .  We have pictures each day.
Here's to France today?? :D

barry

« Reply #359 on: October 15, 2011, 02:32:19 AM »

Hello Barry,

Good to hear from you.  The sea is very messy looking .  We have pictures each day.
Here's to France today?? :D

:D   May  the  best  team  win,  don't  ya  just  hate  that  saying,
   of  course  the  best  team  wins   :D
THAT'S  THE  WAY  I  SEE  IT, THAT'S  THE  WAY I  TELL  IT.