Author Topic: Greencastle and its surrounding area.  (Read 162262 times)

Jeannie

Re: Greencastle and its surrounding area.
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 08:21:19 PM »
Dave

We had a great wee time reliving old memories of our childhood and relating them to our 6 year old grandaughter who was with us. My Auntie has a caravan in Castlerock so we spent a few hours there.  Will let u know the next time we are thinking of heading that way.
Called into Bushmills Inn on the wayhome and had a great meal.  Last time we were up that way we went into Smugglers, didnt enjoy the meal one bit.

Did manage to see what I thought was one of your dogs down at Jordanstown Lough Shore one day but I was on a bus at the time ::) :-\

Belfast Dave

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 08:56:25 PM »
Dave

We had a great wee time reliving old memories of our childhood and relating them to our 6 year old grandaughter who was with us. My Auntie has a caravan in Castlerock so we spent a few hours there.  Will let u know the next time we are thinking of heading that way.
Called into Bushmills Inn on the wayhome and had a great meal.  Last time we were up that way we went into Smugglers, didnt enjoy the meal one bit.

Did manage to see what I thought was one of your dogs down at Jordanstown Lough Shore one day but I was on a bus at the time ::) :-\

I like to go to Castlerock on a warm evening. I was going to go there tonight, but MC is a bit tired. I've got to know some folk who go down there and take it easy, watching the surfers, kids, walkers, dogs, etc. They have an ice cream, knit, read the paper, one lady even writes poetry, and just relax. It's a very nice atmosphere.

Could have been us at Jordanstown, Sometimes we go to the Loughshore Park, but I might just go round the sports field down there.  ;) :)
Family Names: Wright, Bowden, Dickson, McIlveen, Pollock

Giannineo

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 09:48:20 PM »
I worked in Whitehead Health Centre two days a week for 3 years....I was in love with Miss Carmichael the receptionist...I was 22 and she was 29 ...woooooo....didn;t dare risk being given a knock back.  :( :(  did house calls arounf Islandmagee and would have my sandwich lunch at Portmuck

Jeannie

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 10:27:42 PM »
Was there anyone you weren't in love with? :(

There was me thinking I was special ???

mbe01

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 02:27:44 AM »
Can you help do you recall grocery shop in Greencastle near beside Barbour Street maybe a fireplace shop now thank you

I do indeed - when it was grocery it was called Robinsons - or in the vernacular, Mr Rabbisons

floral

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2009, 12:30:09 PM »
I do indeed - when it was grocery it was called Robinsons - or in the vernacular, Mr Rabbisons

Thanks for that "Rabbisons" was what my Granny called it!!

floral

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2009, 01:44:32 PM »

I am going to trouble you again but I used to get snuff for my Aunt Ginny in a wee shop  on the other side of the road from Rabbinsons, not Grogans but up a bit from that I think. Do you recall it. Thanking you. Floral

m.

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2010, 06:33:43 PM »

m.

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2010, 08:18:59 PM »

m.

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2010, 08:22:52 PM »

m.

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 08:26:47 PM »

m.

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2010, 08:27:58 PM »

floral

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2010, 08:35:06 PM »
Oh my goodness what photographs - its a shame they knocked down the old Chapel = thanks for the memories

m.

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2010, 08:35:29 PM »

m.

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2010, 08:40:23 PM »