Author Topic: 1959 Belfast & Northern Ireland Street Directory  (Read 303196 times)

Richealmbair

Re: 1959 Belfast & Northern Ireland Street Directory
« Reply #885 on: June 12, 2019, 11:22:46 PM »
Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it so very much. This has been so much fun for my Da and I to chat about all our past relatives. We have come to a standstill with the generations. You have provided so much. Is there any chance to  find a way to figure or who Catherine Woods Fathers was ? I do see that Susan Woods was the Mother but there is no Father listed. Any suggestions would be amazing. Thanks Richeal

CMcG

« Reply #886 on: June 12, 2019, 11:37:21 PM »

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it so very much. This has been so much fun for my Da and I to chat about all our past relatives. We have come to a standstill with the generations. You have provided so much. Is there any chance to  find a way to figure or who Catherine Woods Fathers was ? I do see that Susan Woods was the Mother but there is no Father listed. Any suggestions would be amazing. Thanks Richeal

As already stated in reply #876, Catherine's parents were William James Woods and Ellen McIlmunn.

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

ordguy

« Reply #887 on: June 21, 2020, 12:00:01 AM »
hi there

1959 street directory

15 oswald st... W Cummings     packngcsmkr

Just for anyone else future reference W Cummings ( Billy ) was my Dad, he's now passed away unfortunately but Myrtle Cummings ( his wife and my mother ) is I'm delighted to say still alive and well at 83 and is in good health and living in Finaghy, Belfast.

craig campbell

« Reply #888 on: September 10, 2020, 04:00:55 PM »
shazza I'm not sure how this board works. Can you post me info on 1959 Snugville St, people living there or if its already up let me see the link. thanks
crsig

Bread Basket

« Reply #889 on: September 10, 2020, 04:32:25 PM »
Sorry, canít do the 1959 Directory but here is one from 1960

craig campbell

« Reply #890 on: September 10, 2020, 04:43:02 PM »
Breadbasket,
Just what I was looking for. Thank you.
Craig

bdobbin

« Reply #891 on: September 18, 2020, 04:59:59 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all the information on Harry.  I cant believe there is so much.  I have been searching for him since 1993 in the UK as this was were the family came from and could not find anything on him from 1911, this explains a lot.  I purchased a will on one of his brothers this week and that was how I found he was still alive and living in Belfast in 1956.  It is great that Harry leads the Orchestra on several occasions, as his father was a music conductor for years.  He would have been proud of him.  Since looking for Harry in Belfast I have been reading all about what happened on Manor St and the surrounding areas in the early 1970's.  It was not a good time to be living there.  We read an article that 7,000 people were evacuated from the area.  Is there anywhere where I could look to see if Harry was one of these people?
I just want to thank everyone again for your help with this.
Regards
Trishfam

bdobbin

« Reply #892 on: September 18, 2020, 05:40:07 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all the information on Harry.  I cant believe there is so much.  I have been searching for him since 1993 in the UK as this was were the family came from and could not find anything on him from 1911, this explains a lot.  I purchased a will on one of his brothers this week and that was how I found he was still alive and living in Belfast in 1956.  It is great that Harry leads the Orchestra on several occasions, as his father was a music conductor for years.  He would have been proud of him.  Since looking for Harry in Belfast I have been reading all about what happened on Manor St and the surrounding areas in the early 1970's.  It was not a good time to be living there.  We read an article that 7,000 people were evacuated from the area.  Is there anywhere where I could look to see if Harry was one of these people?
I just want to thank everyone again for your help with this.
Regards
Trishfam

Hello,
I'm a journalist in upstate New York. My great-grandfather, an iron moulder, lived at 136 Manor Street from 1914 to 1936. Your Harry lived next door! (or perhaps later on). Before my dad died in 2003, he did pencil sketches of that six-house terraced row. I could share them if you wish. I'm also intrigued about the details of what triggered the leveling of that section of Manor Street. The grocery store at No. 134 stood on the corner of Roe Street, which was also bought out, pulled down and replaced by a "Peace wall." If you're still in contact with this forum, please drop me a line. -Thanks!-Ben