Author Topic: william john mcdonald  (Read 1363 times)

jonletaxi

william john mcdonald
« on: June 25, 2009, 09:58:16 AM »
I am trying to track down my partners family but have little or no info. William john Mcdonald lived in jonesboro street and i believe he married either an alison or an Alice. can anyone help?  regards, Jon

gingercat

Re: william john mcdonald
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 10:30:44 AM »
Jon

Can you give us a time frame of William John McDonald, when would he have been born?

Maybe we can help you further then.

thanks
Ginger

jonletaxi

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 10:45:47 AM »
Hi Ginger, William i believe was born 1900. They had 12 children (that i know of) including Austin born 1938. I only know of 5 of the children, very vague i know but if u can help i would be so grateful many thanks, Jon

gingercat

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 11:41:47 AM »
Jon

Would this be of any use?

Record Type Civil Marriage
Date of Marriage 28 Nov 1919
Groom Name william john MCDONALD
Bride Name alice SHAW
Church Willowfield Church of Ireland
Parish Knockbreda
Civil District Belfast
County Down

Best wishes
Ginger

jonletaxi

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 11:58:26 AM »
Ginger, u diamond yes this is the correct one am i pushing my luck to ask for address and or parents? either way you have done me a great favour. Rgeards Jon

gingercat

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 12:16:58 PM »
Hi Jon

Unfortunately Emerald do not list any other details. However using the site www.ancestryireland.com, I was able to deduce that William John's father was called William and Alice's father was called James.

You can buy a transcription of the marriage record which will give you all the details such as addresses etc on the site www.ancestryireland.com for £4.

I did try searching the lennon wylie belfast directories to see if William John was listed but couldnt find anything- try www.lennonwylie.co.uk

Dont forget to also check the 1911 census- www.nationalarchives.ie

Good luck
Ginger

jonletaxi

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 12:26:19 PM »
thanks for all your help ginger, Jon

Zabargad

william john mcdonald - jonletaxi
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 10:49:42 AM »

I'm looking for jonletaxi who posted a query regarding William John McDonald!  If you're out there, can you get in touch?  I think William John McDonald is my great great uncle.  My great grandmother was his only sibling.

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures, keep nothing but memories.

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 11:59:49 PM »
Zabargad, jonletaxi hasn't been online since 30 Oct 2009, but if you send a PM to the administrator asking to make contact through his/her personal email on your behalf, you may be lucky ...  worth a try

Zabargad

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 09:21:54 AM »

Thanks 17124!  I'll give that a go.

Kind Regards
Z
Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures, keep nothing but memories.

Charlotte259

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 05:22:33 PM »
Hi,

Did jonletaxi ever get back to you? I appreciate this was many years ago now.

Stumbled across this forum today & William John McDonald was my great grandad, Austin McDonald was my grandad so would be interesting to know any information about that side of the family!

Zabargad

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2020, 04:53:31 PM »
Hi Charlotte259

Lovely to hear from you!  No, unfortunately I never heard anything back.  I will try to send you a private message on here.

Z

Charlotte259

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2020, 07:54:49 PM »
Apologies for posting on here, it doesnít seem to let me send personal messages (could also be my idiocy)!

Thank you for your information in the personal message, I donít know all that much really! Having thought about it I believe Jon was actually my uncles now ex-partner. The first post was about 3 months after Austin passed away so that must have kicked things off. I know my grandad Austin McDonald had a son before he married Sylvia who is also called Austin McDonald who I imagine is also who they tried to track down.

That side of the family seems to be very large, never had chance to meet any of them!

Wes2276

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2020, 12:59:46 AM »
Hi seen your post would this be Jonesboro street east Belfast my grandfather was from there his name mcdonald  [size=78%] [/size]

Zabargad

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2020, 01:23:44 PM »
Hi Wes2276

My William John McDonald was living in Madrid Street in around the 1940s, with his wife Alice nėe Shaw. I'm not sure if they ever lived in Jonesboro Street.  They had a son, William. They may have had other children, but I am not aware of any details.

Do you think it might be the same person?

Z