Author Topic: QFT cinema rocks!!!!  (Read 6318 times)

teap

Re: QFT cinema rocks!!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 10:26:20 AM »
Saturday 8th.,February 1969.....went to Club Bar and then to QFT for the Saragossa Manuscripts.It was snowing.Knew I had it in a diary somewhere.

Ahhhh  :) and id just turned 5 years old the previous October  ;D

colette

giannineo

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 11:47:09 PM »
That's why I went to the QFT Colette.....they didn't allow noisy irksome 5 year olds in ;D

teap

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2007, 11:59:36 PM »
nope i was up in the Broadway picture house with my Daddy watching Cinderella and the Jungle Book  ;D

colette

giannineo

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 12:01:13 AM »
Cinderella and the Jungle book? That was a bit childish Colette 8)

teap

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 09:10:44 AM »
yes G I was 5years old you know?

giannineo

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 09:29:43 PM »
Colette, I watched decent films when I was 5,not that kids' garbage.I didn't like kids as I grew up with them. 8)

Christopher

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2007, 07:48:06 AM »
There's an article on the Aosdána website .. Aosdána is an affiliation of creative artists in Ireland .. about the filmmaker Pat Murphy who was born in Northern Ireland and reared in the Republic and the north. Pat began studying art at the Ulster College of Art and Design. She was the first European to spend a scholarship year at the Whitney Museum of American Art. She holds a BA in Fine Art from Hornsey College of Art & Design, and an MA in Film & Television from the Royal College of Arts, London

Pat made her feature film "Nora" in 2000 after reading the biography of Nora Barnacle by Brenda Maddox. Nora was James Joyce’s lover and eventually became his wife. When she read the book Pat discovered the extent to which Nora is actually a voice in Joyce’s writing. In 1981, Pat co-directed "Maeve" with another Northern Ireland director, John Davies.