Author Topic: Andersonstown  (Read 144336 times)

bhelena

Re: Andersonstown
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 03:17:30 PM »
It's quite hard sometimes to tell whether a poster is male or female and even sometimes when you see them :D
I will have to check before I put my foot in it again :( :(  do you ever come South??

wilfam

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 03:21:17 PM »
No bhelena, I lived in Belvoir. I live in Australia now & often wondered what part of Oz Irene went to. I am in Western Australia, moved here in 1991.
wilfam

bhelena

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 03:43:44 PM »
No bhelena, I lived in Belvoir. I live in Australia now & often wondered what part of Oz Irene went to. I am in Western Australia, moved here in 1991.
Oh lovely  my best friends daughter is in Perth she just came back from visiting her about 2months ago and we are off to the USA in just under 4wks time we are doing a tour of L.A then down to Arizona and the Grand Canyon then on to Las Vegas I dont like Las Vegas I did a tour last year and that was part of it aswell ..Was there a bar called the Belvoir Inn at one time or maybe the Belmont Inn we were in it in the late 60s...

wilfam

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 04:01:12 PM »
I think there is a Belvoir bar. Not sure.
Sounds like you are going to have a great trip, I'm sure you are looking forward to it.
It's late here now, time for bed (with the electric blanket as it's wet, windy and cold here).
wilfam

McNamee

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 04:13:09 PM »
I will have to check before I put my foot in it again :( :(  do you ever come South??

Yes quite often my sister lives in Rathfarnham ;)

bhelena

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 04:23:56 PM »

Yes quite often my sister lives in Rathfarnham ;)
I think you told me that she must see a great change in the city I would like to go back home but we are solong out of it I dont think we would settle back as easy as I  would think our Belfast is Gone for ever but so is the Dublin we once knew its gone to hell and there is an evil there now that was never there before and the stabbings around the country is out of control I would not go into town on my own now I am not that steady on my feet I can potter around but I get tired easy we where thinking of renting for awhile in Belfast to see how we would get on before making a move it would be awful to sell up then find we did not fit in again.I did that 26 yrs ago looked at a house in the St James area then pulled out just in time lost a few pounds but it was worth it I just had to be sure and we are still here :(

plaza hopper

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2009, 12:45:25 AM »
Sorry plaza hopper for not getting back to you sooner my NTL has been playing up I cant get through when that happens I dont really know too many people from around that end of Andersonstown I know the O Hares and the Bradys as they went to St Teresa's on the Glen Road did you know anyone who went to that school between 1957 and1967 those where my years there the best years of my life :D
   I did know two sisters they were called Margaret and Noreen carlisle oh and there was a younger sister her name was patsy does this help

bhelena

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 10:48:37 PM »
   I did know two sisters they were called Margaret and Noreen carlisle oh and there was a younger sister her name was patsy does this help
No sorry I love to hear about people from the past I have found a couple of old pals or their relations on the forum its good to hear things you had forgotten about we used to play in the fields behind Navan Green I believe there is houses there now..

zippy

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2009, 11:14:39 PM »
Went to La Salle but hear it's knocked down now!!!

???
Pro deum et patria

bhelena

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2009, 12:07:15 AM »
Went to La Salle but hear it's knocked down now!!!

???
Yes I was only talking about that school this week they have knocked I had seen it on google maps I remember when it was an all girls school in the 60s I lived there when they were building the girls school sometime in the 60s..

Achillrain

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2009, 02:46:01 PM »
The school is rebuilt, and the girls now go to what was once Trench House. A new school has been built there and the boys still in the La Salle. I lived in Slievegallion Drive, and am up in Andersonstown regularly.  :P

bhelena

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2009, 03:07:41 PM »
The school is rebuilt, and the girls now go to what was once Trench House. A new school has been built there and the boys still in the La Salle. I lived in Slievegallion Drive, and am up in Andersonstown regularly.  :P
I go up myself I have family living in Shanlieve Road I came from Gartree Place do you know anyone from there..

deirdre

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2009, 03:29:17 PM »
 :)lived on mooreland park and riverdale park west...went to the holy child, my brother inlaw martin denny lived acrossed the road from the holychild ,was up there 2 wks ago... with his sister betty ..thanks betty,sean ,billy and eileen..the school hasnt changed much from the day it opened, the palm grove now fosco's the white fort all modern . im in dublin now38yrs and the drug gangs shooting one and other every day  here make's me think maybe i should go HOME.

bhelena

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2009, 03:32:43 PM »
:)lived on mooreland park and riverdale park west...went to the holy child, my brother inlaw martin denny lived acrossed the road from the holychild ,was up there 2 wks ago... with his sister betty ..thanks betty,sean ,billy and eileen..the school hasnt changed much from the day it opened, the palm grove now fosco's the white fort all modern . im in dublin now38yrs and the drug gangs shooting one and other every day  here make's me think maybe i should go HOME.
Did he have a sister called Dorothy who went to St Teresa's

Bread Basket

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2009, 11:29:47 PM »
What house number in Slievegallion?