Author Topic: Andersonstown  (Read 144342 times)

Bread Basket

Re: Andersonstown
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2009, 11:30:50 PM »
:)lived on mooreland park and riverdale park west...went to the holy child, my brother inlaw martin denny lived acrossed the road from the holychild ,was up there 2 wks ago... with his sister betty ..thanks betty,sean ,billy and eileen..the school hasnt changed much from the day it opened, the palm grove now fosco's the white fort all modern . im in dublin now38yrs and the drug gangs shooting one and other every day  here make's me think maybe i should go HOME.
What years were you at Holy Child?

deirdre

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2009, 01:19:54 PM »
i was at the holy child 1956-1962....my sister is noreen brennan denny im deirdre :)

bhelena

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2009, 04:32:07 PM »
What house number in Slievegallion?
Did you Cavanmore Gardens...

mikee

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2009, 10:18:36 PM »
My wife started school in Casement Park but then send to the Holy Child all about the same time you where there she was oppps is Bernadette McGinley from the old Hillhead Cottages Shaws Rd

bhelena

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2009, 11:02:38 PM »
My wife started school in Casement Park but then send to the Holy Child all about the same time you where there she was oppps is Bernadette McGinley from the old Hillhead Cottages Shaws Rd
Hello Mikee, would that be the same McGinley's who has a sister called Renee and a brother Sammy they lived in cottages on the Glen Road in the 50/60s..my sister went about with ReneeMcGinley...

mikee

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2009, 05:14:22 AM »
They are cousins, the same type cottages where on the Shaws Rd but knocked down a few years ago and housing exc. replaced em with about 30 new homes.

bhelena

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2009, 11:57:15 AM »
They are cousins, the same type cottages where on the Shaws Rd but knocked down a few years ago and housing exc. replaced em with about 30 new homes.
Good morning Mikee do you know if Renee is still living my sister is well in her 60s now and is here in Dublin aswell now I have seen where the old cottages used to be on the Glen Road its like a little estate just shows you how much land there was in those few cottages..

Bread Basket

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2009, 08:25:18 PM »
i was at the holy child 1956-1962....my sister is noreen brennan denny im deirdre :)
Do you have a younger sister....Ann Denny? .went to St Genevieve's mid 60's

mikee

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2009, 12:47:15 AM »
I was showing my wife Bernadette some of the posts and I think she was at school along with you and your sister and knows you well.

bhelena

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2009, 11:44:43 PM »
I was showing my wife Bernadette some of the posts and I think she was at school along with you and your sister and knows you well.
Mikee do you have sister called Bernadette as well as a wife...

mikee

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2009, 03:58:34 AM »
No but i knew both Bernie O'Hara's that lived on the Falls. Bernie O'Hara from Cape St and both her parents where from Newry and Bernie O'Hara from Albert St. is a far of distant cousin. My only sister is Mairead O'Hara alas i'm #7 of 8 boys.

bhelena

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2009, 12:04:22 PM »
No but i knew both Bernie O'Hara's that lived on the Falls. Bernie O'Hara from Cape St and both her parents where from Newry and Bernie O'Hara from Albert St. is a far of distant cousin. My only sister is Mairead O'Hara alas i'm #7 of 8 boys.
Your poor Moms heart must have been broken 8 boys I would have run away :D

deirdre

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2009, 05:56:15 PM »
Do you have a younger sister....Ann Denny? .went to St Genevieve's mid 60's
no my name is deirdre brennan.... martin denny is my brother inlaws name and he hasnt a sister named anne

OLD ST.MALS GAL

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2009, 10:35:43 PM »
bhelena,
 Renee nee McGinley still lives on Glen Road, same site as the original cottages were on. Don't know her married name but she was still there a few years back.
We probably know of each other. I went to St. Teresa's PS (1956 to 1961) but lived near the Holy Child PS.

Deirdre (Brennan) remember you from Rathmore, think you lived  in Riverdale at the time.  Knew your father Paddy, our fathers knew each other...

OSMG

deirdre

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2009, 11:32:49 AM »
bhelena,
 Renee nee McGinley still lives on Glen Road, same site as the original cottages were on. Don't know her married name but she was still there a few years back.
We probably know of each other. I went to St. Teresa's PS (1956 to 1961) but lived near the Holy Child PS.

Deirdre (Brennan) remember you from Rathmore, think you lived  in Riverdale at the time.  Knew your father Paddy, our fathers knew each other...

OSMG   hi, yeah i was at rathmore for 1 yr only and i did live in riverdale park west then mooreland park...dad had a shop on the anderstown rd across from the co-op...now do i know you ? who are ya!  :D