Author Topic: O'Connor school of Irish Dancing  (Read 6697 times)

seos

Re: O'Connor school of Irish Dancing
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2018, 12:27:06 PM »
paddie,there was manuel and martin they came from garfield st in smithfield and they both worked in the post office, I think it was  martin who danced for o'connor's then he joined the navy. sorry to say manuel was killed on the bangor rd waiting on a lift to work. they was good guy's

Paddie8254

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2018, 12:36:42 PM »
Thanks for getting back to me.  I don't remember Manuel or Martin, maybe I had left before they joined.  The only two I remember are Brian Sterling and his older brother Martin (but I was thinking his name was Jim).  I posted earlier that they came along with their father and they were from Carrickfergus.  I just wish I had some photos.  I used to have or my mother RIP had photos but don't know where they have gone.  I still have all my medals and Certificates and Plaques.  So so long ago. lol

seos

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2018, 12:40:23 PM »
lolololol,must have been the red hair lilybo, but then  they say redheads are very firey lolol .must have been terrifing for you going dancing most of the fagans were redheads too  :buck2: :buck2: lol

lilybo

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2018, 12:42:27 PM »
Lol I am a redhead myself, I seem to remember she was fried.y with Greta Millen and a girl called Veronica, still have the red hair, though I would be grey by now but it’s just getting darker  :P :P :P
Get down on your knees and thank God you are still on your feet.

seos

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2018, 12:45:27 PM »
Thanks for getting back to me.  I don't remember Manuel or Martin, maybe I had left before they joined.  The only two I remember are Brian Sterling and his older brother Martin (but I was thinking his name was Jim).  I posted earlier that they came along with their father and they were from Carrickfergus.  I just wish I had some photos.  I used to have or my mother RIP had photos but don't know where they have gone.  I still have all my medals and Certificates and Plaques.  So so long ago. lol
think our brains get a bit dusty at this time of life paddie we can only do our best at remembering lolol :drinks:

seos

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2018, 12:49:32 PM »
lilybo you had to be tuff where she came from baker st in the pound loney lolol :wild: :wild: lol

lilybo

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2018, 12:52:15 PM »
Oh I know, I was very friendly with a girl from Plevna St. and remember going to a disco in Baker Street, happy days, Turf Lodge was no picnic either although I am from Carrickhill originally.

seos

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2018, 02:09:55 PM »
that's where my family are from the hill,half of us born on the hill and the rest of us in hamill st, their house was blew up in the war, it was on stanhope st,between wall st and unity st, but my mum made sure we were reared in carrick hill lolol even school we had to go to barny. O0

lilybo

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2018, 02:56:22 PM »
I was from Upton Street, my dads father was from Cinnamond Street, went to school with girls from Hamill Street, Breige Quigley and Betty McVeigh

lilybo

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2018, 02:57:36 PM »
My dad went to St Anthony’s, the headmaster was a Mr McFadden and his daughter taught me in St Louise’s.

maureencol

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2018, 01:24:19 AM »
I took Irish dance in Los Angeles from 1954 to 1968 and Maureen Hall came to our dance classes and helped out in the early years.  I just was up in Novato California (just past San Francisco) a few weeks ago and my little 5 year old granddaughter just started Irish Dance with the McBride School.  Ann McBride danced for Maureen Hall here in the states.   I believe she told me Maureen passed away 2 years ago and was still flying around judging before she passed.  She certainly was well known all over.  RIP

seos

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2018, 03:56:03 PM »
I was from Upton Street, my dads father was from Cinnamond Street, went to school with girls from Hamill Street, Breige Quigley and Betty McVeigh
I know them well briege went to england along time ago, my mate martin brown lived in upton st lily, my family from arnon st

derdrei

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2018, 01:02:33 AM »
Oh I know, I was very friendly with a girl from Plevna St. and remember going to a disco in Baker Street, happy days, Turf Lodge was no picnic either although I am from Carrickhill originally.
liybo thought i would say hello as i lived in Upton street, you would have known the Irwins Harkins toners Browns Monagans .

lilybo

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2018, 05:08:01 AM »
My fathers family lived in number 38 next door to the Irving’s and Monaghan’s lived across the street, we live on the same side but on the corner with the McGintys

seos

« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2018, 01:44:08 PM »
My fathers family lived in number 38 next door to the Irving’s and Monaghan’s lived across the street, we live on the same side but on the corner with the McGintys
there's names from the past lolol, My aunt mary ann  clery owned the shop on corner of alton st