Author Topic: best lunch i've had in ages  (Read 4304 times)

Belle Fast

Re: best lunch i've had in ages
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 02:55:15 AM »
You and Chris are welcome anytime.???...when are you free.? ;)  Belle you were in H.K. recently...Kathleen and I spent 4 days in Macao and it was really great.  Very different to H.K. and yet only one hr by boat .  Good to hear from you. :)
Didn't make it over to Macau sj, it was on our itinery :( Thinking of doing a short trip to Mumbia in October. :)

sj

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 04:02:10 AM »
Didn't make it over to Macau sj, it was on our itinery :( Thinking of doing a short trip to Mumbia in October. :)

Just for lunch. ? :) ;)
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

Belle Fast

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 11:52:00 AM »
I might stay for a few dinners as well.  :D
I haven't had an exceptional lunch in a while, will have to fix that and report back.  :)

karinl

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 04:18:16 PM »
No ..silly.  This is a beautiful part of the world.   The best lunch that I have had recently was in China.  We were taken out the back( it has a different meaning in China) to pick our vegetables, then to the fish tank, the beef fridge, and then a hessien sack was opened and I was invited to pick which frog I wanted.???TTAAH :)

woh! did you watch them ut it up? What did it taste like?

Kateme

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 07:19:26 PM »
Wonderful...but did he have lunch....Katem where do you live?
Long Island, NY
“Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.”

Kateme

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 07:21:26 PM »
Do you mean,did he have lunch on the way down?
He said he had lunch on the boat - all different kinds of meat and fish.  Half of it he wasn't sure what it was - but he loved it anyway.  We were only in Cairns for three days.  What he forgot was that you can't dive and fly in an airplane within 24 hours - so he could only going diving the one day. Oh well, just have to come back there.  Loved Port Douglas - niiiiiccce.
“Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.”

teragram

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 07:49:23 PM »
He said he had lunch on the boat - all different kinds of meat and fish.  Half of it he wasn't sure what it was - but he loved it anyway.  We were only in Cairns for three days.  What he forgot was that you can't dive and fly in an airplane within 24 hours - so he could only going diving the one day. Oh well, just have to come back there.  Loved Port Douglas - niiiiiccce.

What he forgot was that you can't dive and fly in an airplane within 24 hours

I must remember that the next time I'm going to fly my D L A  plane.
If you don't do it you won't get caught.

karinl

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2009, 07:58:52 PM »
karini

Try the new Kitchen Bar in Victoria Street, great food and very well priced.

The Kitchen Bar sounds good to me as I work in Lanyon Place so it's not to far away. Do you know what it's like about 2.30pm?

teragram

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 08:14:20 PM »
The Kitchen Bar sounds good to me as I work in Lanyon Place so it's not to far away. Do you know what it's like about 2.30pm?

My guess is that it probably looks the same at 2.30 as it did at 1.30 karinl.
If you don't do it you won't get caught.

karinl

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2009, 11:08:06 PM »
right back at ya teragram  :D

karinl

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009, 11:44:46 PM »
I am beginning to reconsider what constitutes a good lunch as my second experience was very different to the first. This time the big sofas were gone and the noise from the office ones was a bit much. Two older guys were looking at me on and off before I realised why. I must have looked like a bag lady with  unkempt hair and wearing my old sloppy trousers the same ones I’d been wearing earlier whilst cleaning the utility room. The food was good with me getting a basic sarnie but pigging out on banoffee with cream. It tasted like a slice of heaven but felt difficulty in enjoying it as I was sitting at a table where the waitress kept eying it up with the cloth.
This was in sharp contrast to what was a few days later a simple drive along the coast. I grabbed some bottles of diet coke in the garage and my sister and I made sarnies (well she did and I ate them) - egg n onion  and tuna n onion. We were heading towards Torr Head but on route stopped as were quite hungry. We parked the car and found a picnic table and my sister 8 year old nephew and myself sat grazin and laughing at the silliest of things, we were even joined by a four legged friend who I couldn’t resist taking a picture of…it was a lunch with a difference. So for me, it’s more about atmosphere.

jj

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2009, 09:27:31 PM »
ack k you look so lonely  :D

karinl

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2009, 10:09:42 PM »
ha ha ha straight to video  :D

Mero

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2009, 09:19:35 PM »
What he forgot was that you can't dive and fly in an airplane within 24 hours

I must remember that the next time I'm going to fly my D L A  plane.

Ha ha  .Belfast humour at it's best  :) :) ;) ;)
Think where mans glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends.....W.B.Yeats.

bravojock

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2009, 01:29:53 PM »

YOU ATE A FROG   :bad: :bad: :haha: