Author Topic: PHOTOS OF THE OLD WHITECITY ESTATE ON THE WHITEWELL ROAD  (Read 100349 times)

paul curlett

Re: PHOTOS OF THE OLD WHITECITY ESTATE ON THE WHITEWELL ROAD
« Reply #240 on: December 04, 2013, 09:03:29 PM »
hi every one my family lived in the white city estate in the late 70s early 80s our family name was curlett just wondering if any friends still live there I had two brother and one sister we lived in laragh road if you remember us please get in touch. thanks Paul curlett 

John B

« Reply #241 on: December 05, 2013, 08:22:08 PM »
Hi Paul,

Are you related to Ernest Curlett?, if I remember that's him in my pic from page 16 top row fifth from left, though I thought Ernie was from the Longlands area.

I'm gonna try and remember the team, corrections welcome!
Top row L-R, Gary Johnston, Billy Savage, Colin Millar, Bill Dowie, Ernie Curlett, ?unknown
Bottom row L-R, Me John Blair, Sammy Blair(no relation) Geordie Hamilton(Capt), ....Moore?, Steven Godfrey, ?unknown, the gole keeper. .Adams?

Staff L-R Headmaster 'Bird' McCaw, P6 teacher Ronnie Lamont(rugby fame etc) and P7 Mr. Mc Farland.

Wonder where everyone's at now? I get the feeling I'm in a different age bracket(56) than everyone else in this topic.Hopefully someone will recognise some friends in this.

Cheers
John

dendar

« Reply #242 on: December 06, 2013, 12:37:06 AM »
hi john thanks for posting the pic. I recall that area of throne school and the picture of mr mac  farland was a blast from the past as he was my favorite teacher.
thanks again
regards
dendar ( dennis )

John B

« Reply #243 on: December 06, 2013, 07:59:51 PM »
Hi Dennis,

Glad you like the pic. It's a real pity there doesn't seem to be any street photos anywhere apart from the one at the start of the thread.

Cheers
John

Roadracer

« Reply #244 on: December 09, 2013, 10:18:20 AM »
Hi Paul,

Are you related to Ernest Curlett?, if I remember that's him in my pic from page 16 top row fifth from left, though I thought Ernie was from the Longlands area.

I'm gonna try and remember the team, corrections welcome!
Top row L-R, Gary Johnston, Billy Savage, Colin Millar, Bill Dowie, Ernie Curlett, ?unknown
Bottom row L-R, Me John Blair, Sammy Blair(no relation) Geordie Hamilton(Capt), ....Moore?, Steven Godfrey, ?unknown, the gole keeper. .Adams?

Staff L-R Headmaster 'Bird' McCaw, P6 teacher Ronnie Lamont(rugby fame etc) and P7 Mr. Mc Farland.

Wonder where everyone's at now? I get the feeling I'm in a different age bracket(56) than everyone else in this topic.Hopefully someone will recognise some friends in this.

Cheers
John
Hi John
I knew Ernie, John and Tommy back in the mid seventies and into eighty. They lived in Glengormley then above Glebecoole and Ernie later lived in Beverley, Carnmoney. Don't know about them after that but only but a believe Ernie may have passed.
Bill married a girl from Beverley Gardens Carnmoney I guess 1980.
Regards

paul curlett

« Reply #245 on: December 11, 2013, 08:24:53 PM »
Hi john I think Ernest was my dad's cousin it was my dads dad's brothers son
My dad's name was Richard ( Ricky ) Curlett he worked at h&w plus ulster bus thanks for your help mate

John B

« Reply #246 on: December 12, 2013, 09:32:30 PM »
Hi Roadracer and Paul,

Thanks for that, hopefully there'll be a few others who might spot old mates in that football line-up!

Cheers and happy Christmas to all,
John

dendar

« Reply #247 on: December 21, 2013, 11:42:01 PM »
hello everyone. it's that time of the year again,so i would like to wish everyone from the whitecity, past and current residents a merry christmas and all the best in the coming year
chers
dendar

sandymc

« Reply #248 on: December 22, 2013, 11:02:32 PM »
thank you dendar all the seasons greetings to everyone and i would also include the whitewell road people so have a happy safe and peaceful Christmas and new year   *   sandymc

Brown low

« Reply #249 on: February 07, 2014, 06:46:07 PM »
Saint Ninians Church on the Whitewell Road is set to close as the numbers attending has dropped due to population shift being the main reason. So sad this has to happen.

whutom88

« Reply #250 on: February 09, 2014, 08:07:54 PM »
Hi anyone know or remember the reid family from garton way 50/70's I believe

whutom88

« Reply #251 on: February 09, 2014, 08:19:24 PM »
Does anyone remember the reid family from garton way 50/70's

merylh

« Reply #252 on: February 10, 2014, 12:53:37 AM »
Sorry to hear of the St Ninian's closure. I can remember Canon Finlay Maguire (he married my parents at St John's, Whitehouse, and Baptised both me and my sister). Also remember Rev. Terry Sullivan and the terrific social activities that then operated through St Ninian's. As far as I know it also produced at least two C. of I. clergy!
Thanks for the update ... brought back some nice memories.
- Meryl

dendar

« Reply #253 on: February 10, 2014, 01:23:27 PM »
hi whutom88
the only reid i know is winkie reid from mulderg dr
any relation?
cheers
dendar

whutom88

« Reply #254 on: February 10, 2014, 01:55:41 PM »
Hi dendar I'm afraid not I'm on here for my dad who grew up in belfast, he did say he knew murphys that lived in mulderg dr