Author Topic: PHOTOS OF THE OLD WHITECITY ESTATE ON THE WHITEWELL ROAD  (Read 99025 times)

ouldoll

Re: PHOTOS OF THE OLD WHITECITY ESTATE ON THE WHITEWELL ROAD
« Reply #285 on: July 12, 2015, 05:15:25 PM »
My sister is currently writing a book on the history of the White City. Hopefully it will be published next year.

ouldoll

« Reply #286 on: July 12, 2015, 05:24:43 PM »
Daz, Recall a Rosemary Stevenson - would be about 57 or 58 nowadays. Who knows where the time goes ?

We lived in Portmore Hill.  I was three when we moved to Glengormley in 1973. The Burns Family. We had the first TV on the estate. All the kids used to watch TV in our house on Saturday mornings.

dendar

« Reply #287 on: July 12, 2015, 10:08:37 PM »
Hi ouldoll I would be interested in buying a book on the white city.hope there are photos.
Cheers
Dendar

Maxie_59-83

« Reply #288 on: September 23, 2015, 06:01:14 PM »
#262# Hi old wallion , as you can see I don't come in here very often. I am the younger Maxie although I'm not so young any longer at 55, I have some old Whitecity pics from when I was a teenager, I used to run around with Jimmy Frazer and go hunting up the hill a lot, ferrets jack rustles and lurchers. I know Jimmy isn't with us any longer.
How do I upload pics to the forum. You may know my brother Maxie senior he turned 60 this year and would have a plethora of stories growing up in the Whitecity in the 60s before the troubles, as I said b4 we lived in Gunnell hill numb12, I have pictures of the cave hill taken from the back garden in about 1979 and also the street and the top of the street looking towards the shops, also have old black n white pics from the late 1950s of Mrs Connor Mrs McKewon and my mum standing on the door step of the house opposite ours that The Wales lived in after the McKewon's.

dendar

« Reply #289 on: September 23, 2015, 06:28:35 PM »
Hi Maxie I hope you can post the pics you have. I knew the connners,Adams and John Connelly from gun all hill.
Cheers
Dendar

Maxie_59-83

« Reply #290 on: September 23, 2015, 07:41:31 PM »
#289.
Hi Dendar.  How do I upload a picture on here.?
Maxie.

dendar

« Reply #291 on: September 23, 2015, 07:51:13 PM »
Hi Maxie go to tiny pics and see if you can figure it out. I tried and couldn't.good luck.
Cheers
Dendar

Timmo

« Reply #292 on: September 23, 2015, 07:54:35 PM »
A friend of mine who lived in White City Estate told me a funny (if strange) story about his dad. It seems that a neighbours house was on fire and he spotted it. As the neighbour was not at home he had to kick in the door to put the fire out which he managed to do. The neighbour later arrived and come over to see him. As he was waiting for her to say thanks he was stunned to learn that she was looking the money off him to fix the door he damaged to enter to put the fire out. Worst still she reported him to the police who also said he would have to pay. Which believe it or not he did. Hard to believe but true. :o
Before you laugh at someone else, have a look in the mirror.

wxwelder

« Reply #293 on: September 23, 2015, 08:00:42 PM »

The way I occasionally post on here (rarely) is to

drag over the picture I want to post,

Right click COPY open reply box

Right click paste, then post..

Try this a time or three and preview it before

posting to make sure you've got it. Good luck.

Timmo

« Reply #294 on: September 23, 2015, 08:12:58 PM »
Hi Maxie go to tiny pics and see if you can figure it out. I tried and couldn't.good luck.
Cheers
Dendar

http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/topic/88653-tutorial-on-how-to-upload-pictures-using-tinypiccom/

Try this link it might be of help.
Before you laugh at someone else, have a look in the mirror.

dendar

« Reply #295 on: December 23, 2015, 11:39:10 PM »
To everyone from the white city, past and present, merry xmas and all the best in the new year
Cheers
Dendar

ouldoll

« Reply #296 on: December 24, 2015, 07:03:12 AM »
Thanks you, Dendar.  I wish you and yours the same.  :)

Algy1

« Reply #297 on: February 10, 2016, 12:15:29 PM »
Hi. My great gran lived in Garton Way in the 50s and 60s with 2 of her sons - Willie and Bert. Their last name was Rodgers. I think it may have been number 11. My great gran passed away in Jan 1965 at the age of 97. My Mum used to take my brother and I across town to visit her. I loved her place but it could be very cold in the wintertime. Live in Ozland now where it is not so cold. :)

macroyal

« Reply #298 on: February 10, 2016, 04:59:33 PM »
knew a boy called Algy , real name was paul and his brother jim,

Marzy

« Reply #299 on: March 23, 2016, 08:13:44 PM »
Hi Linda, i sent  a message to you a good few months ago, but no reply, I'm thinking you may not have received it, do you remember me from the throne Primary school, we were in the  same class, along with james Caldwell, david Dent Hilary harrison and charles wood, I remember you so well, sometimes you brought me home to your house for lunch, we run the whole  way there and back in such a short time, couldn't do it these days, if you remember me  please get in touch. Marion x