Author Topic: PHOTOS OF THE OLD WHITECITY ESTATE ON THE WHITEWELL ROAD  (Read 98758 times)

dendar

Re: PHOTOS OF THE OLD WHITECITY ESTATE ON THE WHITEWELL ROAD
« Reply #225 on: September 13, 2013, 03:42:25 PM »
I'm trying to upload  a pic from tiny pics. what do you do with image code for forums h ow do you copy the code to your clipboard and what is a clipboard
cheers dendar

Port lass

« Reply #226 on: September 19, 2013, 12:51:18 PM »
Hello wjmantrim,  I did live on the Whitewell Road and do remember your father in the shoe mender's shop.  I always went in and he had the small tacks in his mouth.  The girls in the Guides you name where the 'big girls' and were older than me!!    Things have changed since those happy days.  Regards.

sandymc

« Reply #227 on: September 20, 2013, 01:52:42 AM »
Hi Port Lass and wjmantrim
I remember the shoe repairer and the barber were they in the same shop at different times beside McDowells  bakery and then Barrsies  sweet shop . I think often of mr McDowell,s soda and potato farls because I bake my own but they don't taste the same.  ;) ;)

sandymc

« Reply #228 on: September 20, 2013, 02:09:29 AM »

Mrs McDougal's piano class circa 1954.

dendar

« Reply #229 on: October 02, 2013, 12:50:34 AM »
hi sandymac is that edgar mckinney on the bottom far right
cheers
dendar

sandymc

« Reply #230 on: October 03, 2013, 02:02:54 AM »
Hi Dendar the only names i remember
back row  first boy on left Charley McDowell third me Sandra Jamison and last girl in back row Rhoda McDowell
directly below me Helen McLean and to her right on photo Ronnie Parkes
front row i think first boy was in the College Boys showband with Ronnie cant remember his name beside him Valerie Parkes and Minty McDowell.
I know all the faces so well but all the other names escape me
Sandra

marie foster

« Reply #231 on: October 25, 2013, 11:40:33 PM »
 :) I also lived in Whitewell estate and knew the Matthews ( 2 families called Matthews , one in Mulderg Drive and the other in Laragh Rd ., ) just a few other names for you , Neills , Nortons , Ireland , Murphy Largey, Blair ,O'Neill ,Grogan , Metcalf, Harrison , we went to live there in 1946 just before I was to start school ( a long time ago ) you may remember some of my family , sister's Anne , Ellen , brother's Des ( older brother ) Tom , and Joe . Most people remember the family because my dad was in a wheelchair he had M.S.       
I'm sure this will jog your memory , you may also remember me .
               Hope your well
                       Regards Marie  :) 

Mollydolly

« Reply #232 on: October 30, 2013, 09:45:06 PM »
:) I also lived in Whitewell estate and knew the Matthews ( 2 families called Matthews , one in Mulderg Drive and the other in Laragh Rd ., ) just a few other names for you , Neills , Nortons , Ireland , Murphy Largey, Blair ,O'Neill ,Grogan , Metcalf, Harrison , we went to live there in 1946 just before I was to start school ( a long time ago ) you may remember some of my family , sister's Anne , Ellen , brother's Des ( older brother ) Tom , and Joe . Most people remember the family because my dad was in a wheelchair he had M.S.       
I'm sure this will jog your memory , you may also remember me .
               Hope your well
                       Regards Marie  :)
Hi Marie, I didn't live at White City but knew Peter Ireland in the 60s.  I think he moved to England.  Do you know anything about him.  I really enjoyed reading all your stories and it seemed a great place to live.  I am now in England but am seriously thinking of going home.  Hope you can help.

Lynn

« Reply #233 on: November 02, 2013, 02:20:59 PM »
 :)
Hi JB,
I am your wife's cousin, Edith was my mum Eileen's sister! I've tried to find any of the Glovers for ages now so really pleased to find your post here. Could you do me a big favour and ask if any of the family have info on our grandad, Charles Stewart, especially I need his date of birth, I know it's 1876/7 & he was born in Manchester & his dad was john?!
Would love to hear all about the family, we pent a lot of happy days in thorburn road as kids, me & my sister Ann often talk about the Glovers & wonder about them now,
Hope to hear from you,
Lynn
Xx

John B

« Reply #234 on: November 21, 2013, 09:43:32 PM »
Hi all,

Just found a pic. of me in the Throne primary football team 1966, with teachers, glimpse of the wiggly path etc. Can anyone tell me how to attach a photo?

Cheers
John

isabell lee

« Reply #235 on: November 21, 2013, 10:45:20 PM »
I lived in Serpentine parade, the end house with  big hedge,the Whitewell road end.My mum had great  respect for mooneys, the chemist, as he often made her up a "bottle" for an ailment. In Bowers sweet shop we either got 2ozs of sweets for threepence, or a full bag 4ozs for sixpence.We loved to play in the "camp" on the whitewell road, and in the summer went down to the shore for a paddle in the tide. We bought dulce a type of seawood , in the summer. and you were thirsty all day after.My maiden name is Starrett.Some of our plymates were, Marjorie Howie. Pam Gray  And Betty McKay. We played marbles with the Walker brothers and the Mogies.

dendar

« Reply #236 on: November 22, 2013, 06:50:08 PM »
hi john. try tiny pics. I'm not sure if you have to have an account and log in. give it a try and we'll look forward to your photo.
cheers
dennis

tommytwotoes

« Reply #237 on: November 22, 2013, 09:55:43 PM »
dendar you don't need to log into an account , wot I done is wen you go to tiny pics I added it to my favorites that way you can click in and out wen you want regards tommy
i never drop players ,i only make changes (shanks) justice for the 96

John B

« Reply #238 on: December 03, 2013, 08:47:45 PM »
hi john. try tiny pics. I'm not sure if you have to have an account and log in. give it a try and we'll look forward to your photo.
cheers
dennis

Hi Dennis,

Need just a wee bit more detail. !
Cheers
John

John B

« Reply #239 on: December 03, 2013, 09:13:47 PM »
Mmm, hope this come out ok
John