Author Topic: PHOTOS OF THE OLD WHITECITY ESTATE ON THE WHITEWELL ROAD  (Read 98752 times)

macroyal

Re: PHOTOS OF THE OLD WHITECITY ESTATE ON THE WHITEWELL ROAD
« Reply #300 on: March 23, 2016, 09:49:14 PM »
just had a lucid moment again, further on up i knew a girl called stephanie lewis think her friend was called norma who lived near the junction of the white well and whatever the name of the street stephanie lived, i met her brother in 1979 in the IOM he was with the boys brigade at the bottom of whitewell on summer camp.

ouldoll

« Reply #301 on: March 23, 2016, 09:59:07 PM »
Hi ouldoll I would be interested in buying a book on the white city.hope there are photos.
Cheers
Dendar

She still hasn't finished it but there will be photos. One of the photos on this thread belongs to her and someone posted it from a previous book she wrote.

Morton McDonald

« Reply #302 on: April 16, 2016, 04:01:47 AM »
Sandy mc,my name is Morton McDonald and i live in Canada Jim McDonald was my cousin, sister was challenged Maureen married a minister and John lives about five miles from me Uncle James used to preach with a loudspeaker behind Royal Avenue and Aunt Lizzie Davey was very religious,some of our cousins also live in land of Oz Margaret Gilchrist and husband Billy.

LindaM

« Reply #303 on: May 02, 2016, 04:01:55 PM »
Hi Marion, Sorry I didn't reply sooner don't go on this website often.I do remember you,did you live at the top of Whitewell near Heather Dace and Gary Reid ? I went to Belfast High after the Throne so lost touch with most people as only Trevor Moore and I went there.I left NI in 1978 and now live in Newbury Berkshire my sister still lives in NI so I visit quite often.R you still in NI .?

[email protected]

« Reply #304 on: June 29, 2016, 08:57:28 PM »
lovely to hear from you !! I remember you very well and most of our class at the Throne.I went to Belfast High after that with Trevor Moore but lost touch with most people .I moved to London in 1978 got married had 2 children and have lived in Newbury Berkshire since 1992 .R u still in NI ?

Portmore6

« Reply #305 on: October 18, 2016, 12:45:31 PM »
:) I also lived in Whitewell estate and knew the Matthews ( 2 families called Matthews , one in Mulderg Drive and the other in Laragh Rd ., ) just a few other names for you , Neills , Nortons , Ireland , Murphy Largey, Blair ,O'Neill ,Grogan , Metcalf, Harrison , we went to live there in 1946 just before I was to start school ( a long time ago ) you may remember some of my family , sister's Anne , Ellen , brother's Des ( older brother ) Tom , and Joe . Most people remember the family because my dad was in a wheelchair he had M.S.       
I'm sure this will jog your memory , you may also remember me .
               Hope your well
                       Regards Marie  :)

Portmore6

« Reply #306 on: October 18, 2016, 12:52:32 PM »
Hi Marie I've just found this site and saw your post. I remember your family -  my maiden name was Gould and we lived in 6 Portmore Hill. I'm sitting here with Jean Jones whose family lived in Garton Way. I married Denis Matthews from Laragh Road. Eileen  Matthews (married Roy Carley) lives in Glengormley. I'm also in contact with Wilma Matthewsand Esther Blair via Facebook. Alex Johnston lives in Donaghadee as does Chubb (Alan Fraser). Alan Largey has posted on this site as well.
Great memories of Whitecity.
Anne 😍

Jacquib

« Reply #307 on: November 15, 2016, 11:07:02 AM »
Hi Marie I've just found this site and saw your post. I remember your family -  my maiden name was Gould and we lived in 6 Portmore Hill. I'm sitting here with Jean Jones whose family lived in Garton Way. I married Denis Matthews from Laragh Road. Eileen  Matthews (married Roy Carley) lives in Glengormley. I'm also in contact with Wilma Matthewsand Esther Blair via Facebook. Alex Johnston lives in Donaghadee as does Chubb (Alan Fraser). Alan Largey has posted on this site as well.
Great memories of Whitecity.
Anne 😍
Hi Old Wallion, completely forgot about Barrseys shop and later Mortons. Thanks for the memory.

Jacquib

« Reply #308 on: November 15, 2016, 11:11:15 AM »
Hi my granny lived portmore hill Mr & Mrs Brooks I loved old Whitecity my grand Johnny brooks died 1978 my granny Sarah Brooks died March 2014 3 wks before her 105th birthday 

dendar

« Reply #309 on: December 22, 2016, 12:09:11 AM »
Hi everyone
I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone from the whitecity,old and new,a merry Christmas and all the best in the new year
Cheers
Dendar

Kerry2512

« Reply #310 on: January 14, 2017, 05:15:21 AM »
Love reading all the aul posts, my granny and granda marie and Holt Thompson lived in laragh road  (Lynne,Anne,Jill,Robert) . Loved the aul estate before they built the new houses. My mum lynne is still there.
Everyone knew me cos my long blonde hair lol I lived in Merston gds facing jake taylor and the other Hamiltons. My aunt Jill is married to markey neill, and uncle Robert passed away a few years ago now marie n holt both dead. Favorite people growing up was Maggie and Willie Ireland, lizzie welshman and Mrs Hamilton (smith and Jacquelines mum)

Jimmy55

« Reply #311 on: January 14, 2017, 11:32:14 AM »
An old pic of the Throne Hospital December 1937.

dragonman

« Reply #312 on: January 15, 2017, 04:57:44 PM »
Remember most of you all. I;m Ricky McConnell from the corner of Voltaire Gds main Whitewell Rd, still alive and kickin 62 now!!

Hamiltonmolyneaux

« Reply #313 on: February 19, 2017, 01:37:25 PM »
Does anyone have old photos of Coolwell/Whitewell before the M2 was built?
Many thanks, Big Hammy

rocker53zero

« Reply #314 on: April 17, 2017, 07:04:53 AM »
I left Lorna Mernes home from Roller Skateing at the Floral Hall. lol
I delivered papers with Joe Foster who had a sister Ellan and i Knew Ian Lowry, Noel and Norman Morrison and Don Reid who were all good guys. I met Noel last week for thefirst time in 20 odd years
I remember a lad called Cahill who died in his teens from Cancer who would have ran from White City up to Bellevue and back a dozen times a night. He was a young army cadet in the late 60s
   I was a very good friend of Brian Cahill and still miss him.. We used to nick name him, "Corpral Cahill".. Do you remember Lyn Bell?