Author Topic: Friends from the Springfield Road  (Read 60523 times)

smudger11

Re: Friends from the Springfield Road
« Reply #240 on: April 18, 2017, 10:15:51 PM »
Springfield Road, is this anywhere near what was, Highfield/Highfield drive? I have posted on another thread but just saw this one. Springfield road, seems to ring a bell of distance past (1940's/1950's) Smyth family, quite a large one, 13 I believe, but if I remember 2 children passed away at a very young age.

smudger11

« Reply #241 on: April 18, 2017, 10:18:18 PM »
The smyths lived in irist street then moved to the front of the falls toad /beechmount direction Pat was wee footballer died young one of those awful bizarre deathe They were big family Mrs Smyth was adorable so warm and kind

DmN

« Reply #242 on: May 22, 2017, 03:53:38 PM »
Wondering if anyone has any memories of the band The New Ideal of which my father and two uncles (The McNally Brothers) were members of. Trying to put together a bit of documentation about them, so any anicdotes, photos, or (very unlikely ) but video footage would be gratefully received.

AL CAPONE

« Reply #243 on: May 23, 2017, 04:37:16 PM »
Wondering if anyone has any memories of the band The New Ideal of which my father and two uncles (The McNally Brothers) were members of. Trying to put together a bit of documentation about them, so any anicdotes, photos, or (very unlikely ) but video footage would be gratefully received.

I remember them, I think one of them was a teacher in St Louises (Desy I think his name was)

heresjohnny22755

« Reply #244 on: January 04, 2021, 11:44:43 AM »
Does anybody know John Bell?
John Bell

heresjohnny22755

« Reply #245 on: April 01, 2021, 11:10:47 PM »
The foto is of me in 1966 walking up the Springfield Road juts at the path up to Highfield from Spring Primary school. Anybody got any old fotos of the school. I've been up there but they have none. In my class was Victor Hooks, Philip McCluskey, Hazel Fox, Mervyn Neil, Elaine Campbell, Jim Bacon, Roy McCadam, Jacky McCullough, Lottie Irvine, Andrea Tittrington...and me...John Bell. I only remember a few. Any bells ringing? I know there are school fotos because my brother has one of his class. I don't know where mine went. I lived at 535 Springfield Road. It's now gone. 
John Bell