Author Topic: Friends from the Springfield Road  (Read 59223 times)

Boo

Re: Friends from the Springfield Road
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2009, 02:59:04 PM »
That was so long ago i was in love with gerry think most of the girls were i liked hugh as well do you know Eugene Meekin They were such good times thats about 40ty years ago Those were the days im sittin here thinkin how young and innocent we were we had great fun

justluvbeingme

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2009, 12:15:15 PM »
That was so long ago i was in love with gerry think most of the girls were i liked hugh as well do you know Eugene Meekin They were such good times thats about 40ty years ago Those were the days im sittin here thinkin how young and innocent we were we had great fun

HI, BOO, WAS EUGENE MEEKIN FROM BANTRY ST,?,  THERE WAS ALSO MEEKINS IN LEOVILLE ST, THAT WOULD BE MORE THAN 40 YEARS AGO. MAYBE 50 YEARS AGO, YOU MIGHT BE TOO YOUNG TO REMEMBER THEN,  I STILL LIVE CLOSE TO WHER I WAS BORN IN CLONARD,
LOL
JUS

AL CAPONE

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2009, 01:17:08 PM »
Gerry Meehan from around there passed away a few weeks ago.

justluvbeingme

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2009, 07:47:29 PM »
Gerry Meehan from around there passed away a few weeks ago.
hi, boo, thats sad to hear that he died,
jus,

Boo

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2009, 04:01:59 PM »
Hi Jus Eugene lived front of Springfield Road near zebra crossing he run around with Gerry Crossan im trying to remember a girl i knew cant remember her name she had a daughter called Angelica or Angeline she lived round Clonard she had lovely auburn hair i met her 35years ago in the Royal Maternity.

justluvbeingme

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2009, 06:15:33 PM »
Hi Jus Eugene lived front of Springfield Road near zebra crossing he run around with Gerry Crossan im trying to remember a girl i knew cant remember her name she had a daughter called Angelica or Angeline she lived round Clonard she had lovely auburn hair i met her 35years ago in the Royal Maternity.
Hi, Boo, not sure i know that eugene, i wonder if the girl your talking about would be called Judge, cant remember her first name but she had lovely auburn hair, and came from clonard, saying that though i had lovely auburn hair too, but its not me, its still auburn but with a little help.
jus,

arkie

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2009, 04:26:18 PM »
DID YOU KNOW MALACHY AND TRUDIE MITCHELL, MICKEY O NEILL , MAGHNUS DUNNE, PAT AND FRANKIE GRAY, IVAN CONNELLY, ANDY MC GURK, DANNY MC FADDEN, JOE CAMPBELL, BIG SULLIVAN,TOMMY BRADY,PADDY KELLY ETC, ETC,?

Boo

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2009, 04:18:16 PM »
I cant remember her name at all she had a brother who was in monastry

muckermcd

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2009, 07:47:32 AM »
Hi Boo
I used to knock around with a Kieran Meekin who lived on the Springfield Road near the crossing not sure if he had a brother.
Kieran had a mad head of bright orange hair..

widz

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2009, 06:36:03 PM »
I just absolutely loved reading this trip down memory lane! I was born in Highfield 1957(catholic) and had many great times with both protestant and catholic friends down by the Flush! God the memories were the best i can tell ya!

I remember the O,Neills that some of you mentioned my big sis Doreen Morrow was courting one of them(cant remember which one) But i stole the roses out of their garden and was recognised right away as being Doreens wee sis apparently i was living image and i didnt even know she was courting him haha Just my luck lol I got such a hiding lol

I have met up with Teresa mc govern (out of wee shop) a few times she lives in london and we keep in contact she same age as my big sis 62...my other big sis is gabrielle and i have 6 bros 4 older and 2 younger we all played around the Flush.... 2 older John and Frankie were merchant seamen

Anybody remember Melis chippy further down the sprinky?
Widz

Support the Milltown Babies Campaign!

AL CAPONE

« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2009, 06:45:46 PM »
I was talking to one of the Melis the other week.

McNamee

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2009, 07:02:29 PM »
Widz  Teresa McGovern was down visiting me earlier this year.  We went to that ceili on the Falls, had a great night.  She is a real laugh ;)

widz

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2009, 07:53:33 PM »
Widz  Teresa McGovern was down visiting me earlier this year.  We went to that ceili on the Falls, had a great night.  She is a real laugh ;)

Teresa is a sketch and still looks good on it! I was out of the country then and cudnt meet up with her!

Which Meli was it AL?
Widz

justluvbeingme

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2009, 11:17:40 PM »
I just absolutely loved reading this trip down memory lane! I was born in Highfield 1957(catholic) and had many great times with both protestant and catholic friends down by the Flush! God the memories were the best i can tell ya!

I remember the O,Neills that some of you mentioned my big sis Doreen Morrow was courting one of them(cant remember which one) But i stole the roses out of their garden and was recognised right away as being Doreens wee sis apparently i was living image and i didnt even know she was courting him haha Just my luck lol I got such a hiding lol

I have met up with Teresa mc govern (out of wee shop) a few times she lives in london and we keep in contact she same age as my big sis 62...my other big sis is gabrielle and i have 6 bros 4 older and 2 younger we all played around the Flush.... 2 older John and Frankie were merchant seamen

Anybody remember Melis chippy further down the sprinky?

i remember melis chippy, corner of springfield avenue, we would go and sit in the little boothes and have lovely chips and stuff, the place was destroyed by a bomb during the troubles, someone left a radio in one of the booths and one of the younger melis turned it on , he lost his arm and was badly injured when it blew up.
jus,

widz

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2009, 11:33:35 PM »
i remember melis chippy, corner of springfield avenue, we would go and sit in the little boothes and have lovely chips and stuff, the place was destroyed by a bomb during the troubles, someone left a radio in one of the booths and one of the younger melis turned it on , he lost his arm and was badly injured when it blew up.
jus,

It was second eldest Tony that lost his arm and his eye he was 9 years old at time other siblings had lesser injuries but horrific bomb!
Widz