Author Topic: Belfast High School  (Read 25231 times)

edmor

Re: Belfast High School
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2012, 06:26:59 PM »
  Maybe you'll recognise some of these oul [censored] Hcoid      http://www.bhsoldies.webs.com
Pox vobiscum     Savagin'  done....chape.    Hillbillies caint spel     Proud to be a usual suspect     REM 1697

normanbhs

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2012, 11:02:13 AM »
Im the old [censored] who started that website (Norman Lacey)
When were you at the high school and are you related to the late Drew Coid
Regards and hoping to hear from you
Norman

hcoid

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2012, 03:42:43 PM »
1968-1974 and yes Drew was my father's younger brother.

edmor

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2012, 07:41:50 PM »
Im the old [censored] who started that website (Norman Lacey)
When were you at the high school and are you related to the late Drew Coid
Regards and hoping to hear from you
Norman
    God I hate this part. .Welcome to the Belfast Forum Norman, you'll feel pretty comfortable among all the other riff raff here.     :P :P
Pox vobiscum     Savagin'  done....chape.    Hillbillies caint spel     Proud to be a usual suspect     REM 1697

TonyM

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2012, 02:33:26 PM »
I went to belfast High from 1979 to 1985. I would like to pay tribute to Mrs Dickson the art teacher. She was an excellent and really motivated me. I must admit, I embarrassed myself once in her class saying something nasty about her for a bit of bravado with my mates in my stupidity – which she heard on entering the class. She did not react but I saw her being rather annoyed. I never ever got the chance to apologise to her for doing something really dumb. I just want to pay tribute to her – one of the few teachers I really had time for and look back on with great respect. Tony.

EdMcC

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2012, 11:26:53 AM »
I went to belfast High from 1979 to 1985. I would like to pay tribute to Mrs Dickson the art teacher. She was an excellent and really motivated me. I must admit, I embarrassed myself once in her class saying something nasty about her for a bit of bravado with my mates in my stupidity which she heard on entering the class. She did not react but I saw her being rather annoyed. I never ever got the chance to apologise to her for doing something really dumb. I just want to pay tribute to her one of the few teachers I really had time for and look back on with great respect. Tony.
I'll second that! She was great made not least due to some of the clothes she wore in the '70's. She told us when she moved to a new house that she painted trees on some of the doors.  In my time at BHS ('68-'75) I would add Reno Ardis, Flash McDowall (art), Mrs Smyth (physics) ....and Mrs Nash (chemistry) and the rather niice jaguar she drove...as all inspirational.

joolsp

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2013, 06:41:12 PM »
i went to bhs around the late 60's early 70's. name then was julie connolly and it was glengormley PS before that.

hcoid

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2013, 10:55:32 AM »
edmc think I might know you went to the high from 68 to 74

EdMcC

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2013, 04:56:04 AM »
I'm still in touch with Anne Ogilby
edmc think I might know you went to the high from 68 to 74
Remember you too! I'm still in touch with Anne Ogilby and Brian Walker. Was at the school's 150th in the Europa some years back - Nan Carson and Rosaleen Osborough were there. It was lovely to see them...and thank them.

hcoid

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2013, 02:21:35 PM »
Remember you too! I'm still in touch with Anne Ogilby and Brian Walker. Was at the school's 150th in the Europa some years back - Nan Carson and Rosaleen Osborough were there. It was lovely to see them...and thank them.

Ah didn't know there was a reunion on. Yes I remember Anne but not sure about Brian but Ed what's your surname? message me if you don't want public. I am still in touch with Alex Reynolds, Val Martin, Hilary Beggs, Kath Blythe, Bill Mawhinney and Stephen McRoberts.

Darbywashere

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2013, 07:10:42 PM »
I went when it was on Glenravel Street from 59 thru 63. Trying to remember the music teacher's name. I think it was Ivor Mills. That was my introduction to classical music and I am forever grateful.

EdMcC

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2013, 11:39:00 PM »
Ah didn't know there was a reunion on. Yes I remember Anne but not sure about Brian but Ed what's your surname? message me if you don't want public. I am still in touch with Alex Reynolds, Val Martin, Hilary Beggs, Kath Blythe, Bill Mawhinney and Stephen McRoberts.
Sent you a pm

EdMcC

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2013, 10:34:47 PM »
It's amazing what you find...like a Belfast High School magazine and paraphanalia from 1973/74 when I was in Lower Sixth. The names...Jane Deeley, Rosemary Twist, Sheila McCrea, Sandra McCrea, Bertie Neill, Susan White, Donna Eaton, Valerie Montgomery, John Kildea, Brian Norton, Julie-Ann Tolerton, Roslyn Strong, Lorna McGuckan, Derek Brown, Garth Rowan, Anne McCune, Kathy Sherry, George Rea, Stephen McConkey, Alison Farr, Gary Saunders, David Boomer, David Potts.... I can picture most of them in my minds eye... hard to think it's near 40 years ago!!!

Sanbrad

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2013, 11:27:29 PM »
Anybody remember miss huxley (english), nat caters (maths), Percy Peyton (music) or ronnie robson (Latin)? Well remember Pop and his insistence on fountain pen! Also remember he fell asleep often. We had Doc once a week for Latin I was petrified of him.

Moorfield Street

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2013, 12:28:36 AM »
Sanbrad.   I remember Miss Huxley who taught English when I was there from 1944 until 1948 and Dr. Harte and Harry Towell, I do not recall the other names.   Welcome to the Forum.  David Campbell