Author Topic: Tall ships.  (Read 8683 times)

carbolicsoap

Tall ships.
« on: August 07, 2009, 10:49:03 PM »
Is anyone going to see the Tall Ships?
It said on the radio today they are expecting up to half a million people?...thats one third of the population. :o

I drove over the M3 today and seen the two ships that had arrived...they looked spectacular...another 38 to come.

EllCee

Re: Tall ships.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 11:02:43 PM »
"  thats one third of the population" of the North.

Sure there's the infra structure and transport links in place   .. ain't there?

Mind you, the last time I was down in the harbour area, last week, it looked as though "Soylent Green" was the only available foodstuff. 

As for a drink of fresh water  .. LOL. 

No one should ever be allowed to enter that part of Belfast unaccompanied by a guide and train of bearers.
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

Montrose

• Account Closed
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 12:46:56 AM »

"Soylent Green"....I think if Charlie Heston, had of come from Belfast, the would have named the Movie " "CHAMP" or they wantd "Soylent Green" but all the had to eat was Champ... ???

Tall Ships I think was the Topic...
Montrose

"I've learned that the people you care most about in life, are taken from you too soon, and the real pains in the ass are permanent. "

Headline boat man

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 06:43:34 AM »
Will have a great view from my home overlooking Belfast Lough. HBM

bobdenn

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 09:53:38 AM »
Will have a great view from my home overlooking Belfast Lough. HBM

HBM

Any chance of a few photos for the Forum?

BD

:)

Rosiejoe

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 03:53:48 PM »
Yes I intend to go and see them.  Went down over Easter as there was a Germany Tall Ship anchored it was small in comparison to some but quite interesting nonetheless.  Will be interesting to see what the reviews are here.

EllCee

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 04:07:56 PM »
"Tall Ships I think was the Topic..."

It is indeed. 

And where are the Tall Ships going to?  Belfast Harbour, so far as I am aware.

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

Montrose

• Account Closed
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 04:59:34 PM »

Will the Crew dine on Solent Green when they get there Les? :P
Montrose

"I've learned that the people you care most about in life, are taken from you too soon, and the real pains in the ass are permanent. "

EllCee

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 05:16:20 PM »
"Will the Crew dine on Solent Green when they get there Les? "

Only if they have brought their own.

Montrose

• Account Closed
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2009, 05:40:27 PM »
 I like the sound of that Les,... Tall Ships, Solent Green and Mushy Peas... ;)
Montrose

The Lounge Lizard

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 08:50:05 PM »
Thanks to the tall ships I left my gym ( at the price they charge I usually call it my gentlemans club but I don't want to sound pretentious ) at 12.00. From Tillysburn to Glengormley on a Sunday afternoon it took me 3 hours to get home. The Sydenham bypass was closed off for some reason at Knocknagoney.....it its like that on a Sunday can't wait until the thing kicks off properly.
Memories they can't be bought,they cant be won at carnivals for free,it took me years to get those souvenirs and I don't know how they slipped away fr

The Lounge Lizard

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 04:52:11 PM »
  Further to my previous post....I was wrong...road was closed for resurfacing, nothing to do with the tall ships.....well I can't be right all the time.
Memories they can't be bought,they cant be won at carnivals for free,it took me years to get those souvenirs and I don't know how they slipped away fr

McNamee

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 04:54:26 PM »
I am going to see The Tall Ships on Friday with a few friends.  We are taking the train and meeting up at Mazefield Station.  Can we then walk to the Tall Ships.  I do not really know that part of the World.

kat1

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 07:30:41 PM »
Bernie, I am going also on friday with the boys, here is a link for shuttle service if this is any help.

kat

http://www.gotobelfast.com/tall_ships_belfast_2009/transport__parking/shuttle_bus_services.aspx

McNamee

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 08:38:13 PM »
Thanks Kat1, that will be very helpful.  I will look out for you.   ;)