Author Topic: Tall ships.  (Read 8685 times)

Flossie

Re: Tall ships.
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2009, 08:40:04 PM »
Thank you Rosiejoe!

Loki - great pics! The Tall Ships were a great thing for Belfast and very successful too - more stuff like this please! ;)

loki

« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2009, 08:40:49 PM »
your very welcome ..it was a great 4 days

David2010

« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2009, 10:36:50 PM »
I missed the entire thing.  Myself and a few thousand others were stuck in heavy traffic from Belfast to Carrickfergus.  When I finally got a place to park, they were long gone and out of sight.  To make up for it I went to see the Saga Ruby leave Belfast at 6pm, but guess what.  The batteries went dead in my camera just as she was moving away.   :o

Roller skates

« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2009, 11:29:45 PM »
Hi Loki

Magnificent photos, thank you.  We were down today to see the Ships off but our photos do not look so professional.  What a brilliant and successful day for Belfast. RS
A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction!!

bobdenn

« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2009, 11:36:14 PM »
Thanks again to all who have posted pictures.

Did anyone get them leaving the Lough?

BD

:)

Val

« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2009, 11:40:06 PM »
Thank you Flossie, Loki and others who have posted pictures of this event over the last few days.

I must say it made me feel like I was part of it with all the wonderful pictures you all put on the Forum.

Thanks again. ..Val  ;)

Montrose

• Account Closed
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2009, 11:52:49 PM »

Thank you everyone for great photos. :)
Montrose

"I've learned that the people you care most about in life, are taken from you too soon, and the real pains in the ass are permanent. "

floral

« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2009, 11:36:18 AM »
Thank you Kathleen2, you're very welcome. ;)

Flossie, thank you for sharing these great photos with us, Rosiejoe.

Flossie I may have said it before but thank you for sharing the photos. Brilliant.

Kathleen2

« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2009, 06:28:23 PM »
Just found this video about the tall ships leaving Belfast. Absolutely beautiful :)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/8205460.stm
" Tell them for their tomorrow, we gave our today"
A World War 1 soldier.

In memory of my grandfather, James McGimpsey. 9th Royal Scots.

Distoney

« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2009, 08:15:19 PM »
Hi everyone

I visited the Tall Ships yesterday just before they left.  It was a great experience.  I caught a glimpse of them sailing out from Clarendon Dock.  Like others here, we tried to make our way to Carrickfergus but nearly got stuck on the M5.  Luckily we were able to make our way back on to the M2 before the junction ends.  I did see a glimpse of them from the motorway but wished I had seen more.  We had to settle for going to Larne and Carnlough via Templepatrick and Ballyclare.  Anybody who managed to see them in their full glory will have a memory to cherish for the rest of their lives.

We need a lot more festivals like this in Northern Ireland.

Geraldine

« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2009, 04:42:51 PM »
Some pics of the Tall Ships taken today as they left. The pics were taken from the back of my house which has a view of the lough, although the photos are quite distant. Apologies for the quality. :( ;)

LOve your pics everyone.Flossie you are a lucky fish to live in a house with such a fantastic view.
I thought how I would love to have a view like that ,
Cheers Geraldine :-*
For to be free is not merely to cast off ones chains but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.          Nelson Mandela

Flossie

« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2009, 06:54:06 PM »
Thanks everybody!

Geraldine I am lucky. I also have a fantastic view of Cavehill from another part of the house. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Unfortunately, that view is under threat from property developers :( Ah well, these things happen.

Geraldine

« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2009, 09:46:22 PM »
That's terrible Flossie.
I hate it when our beautiful surroundings and history (buildings) are distroyed.
In SA the most magnificent historical buildings have been distroyed and the ugliest glass monstrosities are put in their place.
So you can also see the cavehill,WOW!!!
Cheers Geraldine  :-*
For to be free is not merely to cast off ones chains but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.          Nelson Mandela

Flossie

« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2009, 09:35:23 AM »
That's terrible Flossie.
I hate it when our beautiful surroundings and history (buildings) are distroyed.
In SA the most magnificent historical buildings have been distroyed and the ugliest glass monstrosities are put in their place.
So you can also see the cavehill,WOW!!!
Cheers Geraldine  :-*

I have great views from this wee house Geraldine - they can be very distracting! My favourite time for Cavehill is the autumn, the colours are fantastic. The lough is, as you would expect, fantastic in the summer. The boys have their playroom and bedroom at the back of the house, so they get to see boats on the lough all the time. They also see the trains passing, so, as boys, they generally very happy about that!

You're right about the ugly buildings they put up now Geraldine. They've actually been demolishing beautiful old Victorian houses around here to make way for apartments.  :(

Speak to you soon, take care, Flossie :-*

Geraldine

« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2009, 04:13:29 PM »
I have great views from this wee house Geraldine - they can be very distracting! My favourite time for Cavehill is the autumn, the colours are fantastic. The lough is, as you would expect, fantastic in the summer. The boys have their playroom and bedroom at the back of the house, so they get to see boats on the lough all the time. They also see the trains passing, so, as boys, they generally very happy about that!

You're right about the ugly buildings they put up now Geraldine. They've actually been demolishing beautiful old Victorian houses around here to make way for apartments.  :(

Speak to you soon, take care, Flossie :-*
I hope you know how blessed you are Flossie.lol
What would I give now to have that glorious view!!
Cheers and talk soon, Geraldine  :-*