Author Topic: Cassells family  (Read 4602 times)

doe

Re: Cassells family
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 05:07:16 PM »
Hi Viv, :smile: just to go off track a bit, did you find anything to say that Cassells (Castle) was a Huguenot name? In one of my Huguenot books it said while putting the names down, that Cassels was probably a Huguenot name.
 I know Cassells from the Belfast area, will ask them about your names.  doe

jcassells76

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2010, 04:17:27 PM »
From jcassells76  My records show a Henry Cassells b1843 Co Armagh married to
       a Mary Margaret Sinammon b1847 Eldest son SAMUEL JOHN b17/11/1867 His
       siblings Margaret Jane b20/11/1871 David b 28/8/1873 Anne b16/4/1879 
       DOES THIS LINK Samuel John to his Armagh Ancestry?

jcassells76

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2010, 04:23:59 PM »
Hi

Can anybody help me solve below. I am fairly new at this.
My father John Joseph Cassells was born in Kilmallock 1920, his father Albert Victor Casselss mother Ellen Sheehan.
I have managed to find Alberts and Ellen's marriage certificate 1919 in Shankill, Belfast.  Alberts father's name on the certificate was Samuel Cassells.
Now to where I have hit a wall, I found an Albert Victor Cassells on a shipping manifest going to the States in 1923, his wife is named Isabella nee Shirlow.  This manifest shows Alberts father to be Samuels Cassells, living at the same address as Alberts marriage to Ellen.
(so I am thinking I have found my grandfather). From this information I ordered that marriage certificate which shows Alberts father as JOSEPH Cassells.
I am now totally confused, I am asking, Are there any Belfast Cassells out there that both a Joseph and Albert in the one family, I think both were born around the late 1890's to 1900.
Sorry this is so wordy but hope somebody can throw some light on the discrepancy
Look forward to a reply,  regards Viv  :smile:
, Regard

kenali1956

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2019, 09:46:33 AM »
Hi Viv,
I'm related to the Cassells' I can give you the info that you need....
regards,
Walter
Hi Viv, Joe and Harriet Cassells lived at that address on Beechill Road. They had three boys, Andrew, born around 1956, now living in County Antrim I believe, John, and Joseph, a few years younger in succession. Joe senior was a hospital porter and a lot more in the Belvoir Park Hospital, Harriet was a nursing sister there, and they were close friends of my mother, who trained and was also a nurse in sister, all in Belvoir Park. Itís a long time since Iíve seen or heard from any of the family, but Harriet was still living at the family home in 2013. I hope this info is helpful, some more research with the names and approx. ages may lead somewhere, best wishes, Ken (north of Ireland Family History Society member, and family friend from childhood times) . Google the society fore more info on our work and facilities, I canít post a link here, itís against the rules, sorry.

kenali1956

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2019, 09:48:53 AM »
Hi Viv, Joe and Harriet Cassells lived at that address on Beechill Road. They had three boys, Andrew, born around 1956, now living in County Antrim I believe, John, and Joseph, a few years younger in succession. Joe senior was a hospital porter and a lot more in the Belvoir Park Hospital, Harriet was a nursing sister there, and they were close friends of my mother, who trained and was also a nurse in sister, all in Belvoir Park. Itís a long time since Iíve seen or heard from any of the family, but Harriet was still living at the family home in 2013. I hope this info is helpful, some more research with the names and approx. ages may lead somewhere, best wishes, Ken (north of Ireland Family History Society member, and family friend from childhood times) . Google the society fore more info on our work and facilities, I canít post a link here, itís against the rules, sorry.[/size]