Author Topic: AFRICAN DOCTOR IN PRIVATE PRACTICE IN BELFAST 1920'S  (Read 5603 times)

IaninSpain

Re: AFRICAN DOCTOR IN PRIVATE PRACTICE IN BELFAST 1920'S
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2020, 07:32:56 PM »
Just to say that I also remember Dr. Denny with great fondness. He was my first doctor when I was a child, his practice was on Ravenhill Avenue and of course he was the first black person I had ever seen. He was a lovely man.

hedgehog

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2021, 03:38:42 PM »
Just seen this today and wanted to relate how Dr. Rollick saved my sonís life when he was just five months old. The Dr was my wifeís gp but when we got married and moved away fro Donegal Rd she had to transfer to another go because we were too far away from Donegal Rd. My son took ill with some sort of tummy infection. Several trips to our own go didnít help. He was admitted to Belvoir park hospital and was deteriorating rapidly they told us they couldnít isolate the germ in his tummy. Against the wishes and after much prayer we took him out of hospital which upset the hospital staff very much who got very angry but we felt we had to do it and if he was going to die we wanted him at home. My father in law said take him to Dr Rollick I am sure he could help. We did and he made a powder up for us to feed him and a bottle of his wee white pills. It cured whatever was wrong and he is now over fifty. Our family has nothing but the highest respect for Dr Rollick a true gentlemen and excellent family Dr.

allymac

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2021, 04:23:45 PM »
Just seen this today and wanted to relate how Dr. Rollick saved my sonís life when he was just five months old. The Dr was my wifeís gp but when we got married and moved away fro Donegal Rd she had to transfer to another go because we were too far away from Donegal Rd. My son took ill with some sort of tummy infection. Several trips to our own go didnít help. He was admitted to Belvoir park hospital and was deteriorating rapidly they told us they couldnít isolate the germ in his tummy. Against the wishes and after much prayer we took him out of hospital which upset the hospital staff very much who got very angry but we felt we had to do it and if he was going to die we wanted him at home. My father in law said take him to Dr Rollick I am sure he could help. We did and he made a powder up for us to feed him and a bottle of his wee white pills. It cured whatever was wrong and he is now over fifty. Our family has nothing but the highest respect for Dr Rollick a true gentlemen and excellent family Dr.
I also have good reasons to thank Dr Rollick.I was born with a stomach disorder that my own doctor had trouble treating.My parents were told to see Dr Rollick and he soon  sorted me out .I was operated on and never looked back.I was only a few months old at the time.I stayed as a patient of the good Doctor.A good person and doctor.I remember him making up his own potions and also him being a heavy smoker who usually had 2 or 3 packs of fegs,Senior Service I think,sitting on his desk.
Support all our servicemen and women either at home or abroad.