Author Topic: Milk Marketing Board for Northern Ireland  (Read 16071 times)

Eileenov

Re: Milk Marketing Board for Northern Ireland
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 04:37:15 PM »
wilfam,
I have a cookery book, The Dairy Book of Home Cookery, produced by The Milk Marketing Board in 1977. It was a very useful present from my aunt. I still refer to it today!! :) Eileenov

wilfam

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2009, 02:13:30 AM »
Eileenov - you are right, it was a fantastic cookery book. I still use it and my daughter has one too (we found it in a garage sale over here in Oz !!). In 1979 the Northern Ireland MMB brought out their own cookery book - and it's another great book of recipes. This is it:

wilfam

Paul.W

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 09:51:37 AM »
Hi all I just came across this thread I have been looking for an neighbour of mine Stephen lived in Carnmoney
Carnhill Rd I lost his e-mail address if your on this thread please get intouch.

stickyra

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 11:10:31 AM »
I had the contract to supply, mantain and clean all the window blinds at the MMB. My main contact was Maura Pettigrew. I remember Jeff Gordon who was a senior manager there and the receptionists Cathy and Joyce. Also big Nat the handyman who lived in Aleander Park Avenue.
Ní bheith mo leithid aris ann

OLD ST.MALS GAL

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 11:34:03 PM »
Wilfam (Geraldine)

Hi reading the forum and came across your posting, I know of you, am a sister-in-law of Maire Wallace.
I believe you now live in Australia.
Spent weekend with M  few weeks ago in Donegal and we had a ball catching up on the old times

OSMG

PS  you have to try & remember my name, I'm not telling you

wilfam

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 12:16:26 PM »
Hi OSMG - now you have me puzzled!! Are you Mairaed (Paddy's ex)? If you are I stayed at your house once.
Glad you had a good few days with Marie and John. They are living in a lovely spot.
Don't get to catch up with Marie much - she seems to keep herself pretty busy.
wilfam

OLD ST.MALS GAL

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 10:32:23 PM »
Hi Geraldine (Wilfam)
You  guessed right.
Maire is doing well and has house of cats!!
John had  a health scare couple of years ago but is doing fine.  Both retired but doing a little p/time work.
I still keep in touch with her and her sister Geraldine.  My daughter has a house near Maire in Northwest Donegal so there is plenty of contact.
She would be in Ballycastle  with the deepsea diving club and she would have called in though she is sort of retired from that as well.
Hope all the family are well

M

Gerry Burns

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2010, 07:00:28 AM »
Hi Guys
New to this but found a thread to Milk Marketing Board.
I was wondering did anyone Know Yvonne Mallet? She worked in the Labs there.
She left around 1980 I believe to get married but had a contact from your Head Office Mrs Christine Bartley contact me to say that Yvonne is divorced now and back in Belfast and I believe is working in United Dairy Druncue Rd..I've written to them but they wont divulge any information which is totally understandable ...Please can anyone help i've tried for 20 years to find her..?????

Bread Basket

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 11:55:21 PM »
Hi Guys
New to this but found a thread to Milk Marketing Board.
I was wondering did anyone Know Yvonne Mallet? She worked in the Labs there.
She left around 1980 I believe to get married but had a contact from your Head Office Mrs Christine Bartley contact me to say that Yvonne is divorced now and back in Belfast and I believe is working in United Dairy Druncue Rd..I've written to them but they wont divulge any information which is totally understandable ...Please can anyone help i've tried for 20 years to find her.. :scratch_ones_head: ??
Are you the Baker Mr Burns?

Gerry Burns

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 06:44:25 AM »
Hi.....I am indeed Gerry Burns The Owner of The Old Oven Door Bakery here in Belfast.
You have me at a disadvantage may i be so bold and ask to whom i am chatting?
Thank you very much for taking the time to contact me.
Look forward to hearing from you in the near future as I have many questions,

Regards
Gerry

Bread Basket

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 03:34:28 PM »
Hi Gerry,
Check your message box for a mail. ;)

chink

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 05:47:49 PM »
gerry did you own the oven door in beechmount avenue belfast

Gerry Burns

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2010, 07:00:18 PM »
gerry did you own the oven door in beechmount avenue belfast
[/quote
Hi
No I never owned Bakery in Beechmount that belonged to a Mr.Frank Carson now not the comedian ..
I've owned The Old Oven Door Bakery for 22 years and now employ over 16 workers with over 30 outlets through Belfast.. Hard work I assure you.    Regards...Gerry

ontheboats

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2010, 07:04:28 PM »
Hi Ricicle - Nancy kept a list of all the people in the Board who met there and married. It was quite a long list!! I met my husband there, John Wilson. My name was Lamont (Geraldine) when I worked there. I remember Marion Lynn, she worked in Sales Development isn't that right? We got an email a while back from Nelson Bryce just to say hello - he'd met up with Chris Marshall and it Chris who gave Nelson and Linda our email address. It was lovely to hear from them. I kept in touch with Chris and his wife for years but haven't heard from them for a while. Valerie Starrett and I still communicate & also Marie Wallace (Doherty). Have you heard anything of Moya Quinn?
Cheers
Never worked at the Milk Marketing Board,but lived near it at Chichester Gds.. worked with Nelson Bryce at the UUJ,also while on holidays in Limassol,we sometimes run into a chap called George, who worked at the MMB. He's retired to Cyprus and he knows big Nelson.

wilfam

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 03:05:30 PM »
Never worked at the Milk Marketing Board,but lived near it at Chichester Gds.. worked with Nelson Bryce at the UUJ,also while on holidays in Limassol,we sometimes run into a chap called George, who worked at the MMB. He's retired to Cyprus and he knows big Nelson.
Hi ontheboats - I wonder who the 'george' is? Do you know his surname & does he live there with a family? My husband and I worked at the MMB for over 12 years - we are trying to remember Yvonne - I'm sure we must have known her back then but we just can't recall her at the moment (mind you we are in Australia nearly 20 years so it's all a long time ago :smile: ). All the best for now.
wilfam