Author Topic: BEECHMOUNT POLTERGEIST  (Read 119170 times)

Flossie

Re: BEECHMOUNT POLTERGEIST
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 10:27:33 PM »
Well now Ned, I disagree about the ghosts but I believe you about the scary bills - I've even see them myself ;)

cocker

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 07:31:46 AM »
the shinners said that they will lok into it ..once there ghost buster team lead by [a boy named sue ]comes back from there holiday village ..shinners town in Donegal   :)

arkie

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 08:00:46 PM »
AL, DON,T TAKE MY BOOK.

zippy

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 02:07:14 AM »
I'd love to know where that ghost is now!

Is SHE still lost or haunting the [censored] outta someone else?

She needs help i think!
Pro deum et patria

arkie

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2009, 12:52:50 PM »
SHE, ON THE FORUM. ;) ;)

homebird 2

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 01:28:05 AM »
Yes the book is called No 91 I read it before and had a copy somewhere will try and dig it out for you very spooky

zippy

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 09:05:14 PM »
Nice one Homebird   :skull:
Pro deum et patria

brubaker

Re: BEECHMOUNT POLTERGEIST no 91 A Belfast Ghost Story
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2009, 12:51:54 PM »
I have a couple of excellent copies of this book used to live around the corner in Beechmount Pass,the reason why it is a scarce book is because of the way it was bound, very poorly so they fell apart after a couple of reads.Irish Ghost stories are very underated  they are a lot scarier than you would think especially read at night with the wind howling and a couple of Banshee's (yes I have seen one in Cupar St in the 70's) honestly.

ginab

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2009, 03:44:34 PM »
i have read the book and didnt sleep for 3 days , the book was well finished before that, i think it took me a day to read it, 3 days to sleep and about 2 years to stop looking over my shoulder when walking up the stairs :o

The first incident scared the living crap out of me, after that it was a bit of a disappointment :( but still worth reading,,it only took me about 6 years to get hold of a copy :D

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2009, 03:49:05 PM »
i have read the book and didnt sleep for 3 days , the book was well finished before that, i think it took me a day to read it, 3 days to sleep and about 2 years to stop looking over my shoulder when walking up the stairs :o

The first incident scared the living crap out of me, after that it was a bit of a disappointment :( but still worth reading,,it only took me about 6 years to get hold of a copy :D

That scarey Ginab  :o :o.   so is it an old book
The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent

ginab

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2009, 04:02:24 PM »
its a very thin book, cant remember hpw many pages but i remember lookign at it and thinking, is that it? ::)

It quickly gets into the story but as i said theres only one real incident and after that its disappointing :(

Its definitely a book you HAVE to read if ghosts interest you. :)

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2009, 04:34:10 PM »
Not if it keeps me up for two years  :( :D

Only joking  ;)
The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent

forever_a_shankill_girl

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2009, 05:26:00 PM »

Would love to read that book....I'm one too for always looking over my shoulder after readng a scarey book or watching a horror film.  :o

Regarding banshees, you don't hear much about them now-a-days. When I was a child everybody would talk about them.

Did anyone else ever think St Saviour's school off Canmore St was haunted? It was used as a youth club when I was wee but we couldn't walk past the place we were that scared!!
never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!

zippy

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2009, 07:39:09 PM »
FASG I'm ascared of my own shadow half the time and when i heard the story of 91 i was in the toilet for a couple of years cause we used to live a few doors down from John Skillen.

We had some weird goings on at our house too but it usually invloved the living!

Pro deum et patria

cherry545

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2009, 04:22:58 PM »
Hi there - I would really like to read this book - I remember when I was still at school I used to hear the stories about it.  if anyone was willing to sell their book - I would def be interested in buying it.  thanks