Author Topic: Lagan Boat Tours  (Read 2679 times)

wilfam

Lagan Boat Tours
« on: August 21, 2009, 11:45:05 AM »
Anyone done the Lagan Boat Tours? When over 'home' on holiday I did two - they are very good and could recommend them to anyone.
wilfam

plaza hopper

Re: Lagan Boat Tours
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 10:22:17 PM »
glad you enjoyed it, my daughter and 16 of her friends are going on the tour next week they booked it for a friends leaving do and she doesnt no about it,i think she will have a nice surprise :o

Giannineo

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 11:13:45 AM »
wifam, I am retiring  some time over the next few years and am going to have a wee business taking tourists on a floating tour up the Lagan in a glass bottomed boat...my advertising slogan will be. "come up the Lagan on a bubble" ;) :D

wilfam

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 12:24:40 PM »
LOL- will look out for that when I am over. Then when someone takes me for a fool I can genuinely say "I did come up the Lagan  "
wilfam

wilfam

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 02:37:28 AM »
Hi plaza hopper - let us know how your daugther's trip on the boat went. I couldn't really imagine that boat taking 16 comfortably ... maybe it's a different boat for larger numbers. The guys that run it are good crack and they give a very good and informed commentary on the trip. I went on the Titantic one and also the lagan course up to the boat club & Cutters Wharf. It's a great way to see the city from a totally different perspective. Perhaps if you live there you might not think of it - but as I don't it was a very enjoyable thing to do. And it's amazing to see how the lagan has changed -- who would have thought some years ago that people would pay a lot of money to live along the river lagan??

wilfam

plaza hopper

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 10:56:43 AM »
Hi plaza hopper - let us know how your daugther's trip on the boat went. I couldn't really imagine that boat taking 16 comfortably ... maybe it's a different boat for larger numbers. The guys that run it are good crack and they give a very good and informed commentary on the trip. I went on the Titantic one and also the lagan course up to the boat club & Cutters Wharf. It's a great way to see the city from a totally different perspective. Perhaps if you live there you might not think of it - but as I don't it was a very enjoyable thing to do. And it's amazing to see how the lagan has changed -- who would have thought some years ago that people would pay a lot of money to live along the river lagan??

hi wilfam - yes they do have larger boats my daughter-inlaws work had there Christmas dinner on one, and they do hen nights you can take your own food for parties, I will let you know how they get on, i remember coming over the Queens bridge many moons ago  .and i never thought it would ever look anything the way it is now its beautiful.  :)

glenb

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 06:19:27 PM »
Where in the world does a Lagan boat tour go, how far up or down, what do you see??

wilfam

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 09:19:04 AM »
Hi glenb - look at their website: http://www.laganboatcompany.com/
You will get a good sense of what they offer. It's all good!!
wilfam

Rosiejoe

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 08:56:57 PM »
Eh! excuse me Geraldine (Wilfam), were you "home" and didn't let me know, so we could meet up????

wilfam

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 07:27:05 AM »
It was two years ago & it was work that brought me to England then I hopped over for a week to Belfast. Got round the family & not much more - that's who I was with on boat tour. Next time it will be a proper holiday for a longer time - we are looking at next year but no firm plan yet. The airfares are still expensive with us (for some reason your fares are better going to Australia). So hopefully we will catch up then :)
wilfam