Author Topic: www.joelkerr.co.uk/belfast  (Read 3033 times)

Liz51

Re: www.joelkerr.co.uk/belfast
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 07:21:40 PM »
brilliant well done  ;)

JoeKer

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 09:49:45 PM »
Thanks for the comments...I am looking for a new photography project at the minute and am stuck, so if anyone has any suggestions I would like to hear them

Shazza

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 10:21:46 PM »
Joel, I love the black and white photos - they are so striking.

Must have a look at the manual of my digital camera and find out how to take black and white.

Shazza

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2009, 12:20:23 AM »
Thanks for the comments...I am looking for a new photography project at the minute and am stuck, so if anyone has any suggestions I would like to hear them

You got me thinking.  I suppose it really has to be something that YOU like, so it creates interest and excitement for you.  One man's poison and all that.  Some men like train spotting - most would rather not!

I'm thinking of doing something on 'Street Art' cos I love sculptures and statues like the 2 ladies outside the Europa Bus Station. 

I'll keep pondering and see if I come up with anything.

JoeKer

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2009, 03:39:10 PM »
I quit like that idea Shazza...might give it a go as well

ned

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2009, 09:38:06 PM »

Joe for an idea what about taking shots of the older buildings in the City Centre that have different architectural features for instance if you look up at some of the buildings in Royal Avenue some have ballistrades in strange places. Plus did you ever notice how weeds and plants seem to be growing also in the strangest of settings?

Just an idea you might want to run with.

Regards

Ned :)
Be careful out there folks because they aren't.

Jon B

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2009, 09:57:34 PM »
  quote author=JoeKer link=topic=23310.msg468882#msg468882 date=1251924585]
[/quote]

I used to love the starlings flocking just before sunset at the Queens Bridge, or anywhere for that matter.
Don't know if they still do it with all the changes down there, but it was always a great sight.

JoeKer

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2009, 10:21:30 PM »
I think I'll take a few evenings next week and give them all a go, although I might struggle with the night time shots.  Maybe some of the other budding photographers would give it go as well and we could compare notes...

greyghost

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2009, 12:26:46 AM »
Take a look at some of the photographs in my New Zealand calling thread in Exiles. I've just put together a DVD of old abandoned buildings, farm houses, cottages, gold mining, cob cottages etc here in Otago, Why don't you do the same thing in Ireland, there must be thousands of abandoned cottages.
Dorothy O'Donnell (nee Simmons)
www.odos-photos.com

Kateme

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2009, 05:18:59 PM »
I just love looking a pictures of children (usually in b/w - since you don't focus on the color of the clothes but the children themselves).  Children playing, crying, etc.  There is a  popular photographer here in US called Anne Geddes - she photographs babies!  I loved the photos on your website Joel. K
“Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.”

JoeKer

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2009, 06:01:03 PM »
Thanks Kate, I'm pleased you liked them.

Thanks for the suggestions...I have went from having no ideas to having six ideas and I think I should give them all a go for a bit of a challenge, although it may take a while.

Greyghost I loved looking through your photos, some really striking images, definitely good for a bit of inspiration.

JoeKer

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2009, 09:42:47 PM »
I didn't get a chance to do any photography during the week, but thankfully today was a great day so I took a few photos down on my dads farm (Greystone near Dungannon)

JoeKer

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2009, 09:42:58 PM »

JoeKer

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2009, 09:43:45 PM »

JoeKer

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2009, 09:44:22 PM »