Author Topic: Glenwood School  (Read 12424 times)

parker

Re: Glenwood School
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 03:42:11 PM »

hope this is a little clearer

forever_a_shankill_girl

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 04:43:18 PM »

Great photo Parker. .I went the following year '76/'77.

I'm sure there are people in this photo I know but I can't make them out enough lol!
never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!

BrianOHara

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 05:24:06 PM »
Great Photograph of the Glenwood School trip to London - In the photograph are 4 members of staff.
on the outside left is Mr Clarke - beside him is Miss Snodden (Mrs Chesterman)
on the outside right is Mr Johnston and beside him Miss Pelan (Mrs Baker)
The other man in the picture is the tour guide.

Strange fact is that Mr Clark died only recently - his funeral was last Saturday 7th November 2010.
And by a strange coincidence the 3 formers members of staff who attended Roselawn that day were:
Mrs Chesterman, Mrs Baker and Mr Johnston.

redeyeblue

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 04:34:47 AM »
I remember Mr Johnstone very well as i used to help him with the screen projector when he showed films in class, he was big into cricket and played for woodvale cricket club which we always went to practice our batting. I remember he bought us cokes one day when we went into the clubhouse bar good man he was.
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is perspective not the truth"

Watso

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 11:09:59 AM »
i attended glenwood 1952-1957 really enjoyed my time there i would like to hear from any of my classmates my nick name at school was[ hector] called after our maths teacher who shared my surname[mr watson.my name is jim watson

harry chivers

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2011, 10:19:48 PM »
Remember going to Glenwood and Mr. Clark who was my teacher. Rememebr playing football in the playground. First day they let me out to go the outside toilet, thought the day was over and went home!!!

sonofshanks

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 03:46:41 PM »
You'r right about Mr Clark. P6 from memory, a tall (weren't they all) dark bloke with glasses.
Teachers at Glenwood 1958-1965, I remember. Miss Young, Miss Clark, Miss Hamilton (family owned the hardware store opp. St.Matthews parochial hall) Mrs. Granger, Mrs. Simpson, Mr.Love (tall, black hair, thick black glasses) Mr. McComb (very, very, very, tall and thin, nicknamed `Jiffy the broomstick man`,would call a boy, a`wart`.) Mr.Clarke, medium size, jet black hair always well brylcreamed, usually wore a beige suit. My elder brother was in his class and Clarke sent him every day across to the shop opposite the gates, for 10 blues and a Wagonwheel. Mr. Rowley and Mr.Simpson the Headmaster.
I still have my class report from Mrs.Granger for P4 (1962) How sad is that ?
I wanted to build a fortress, a bastion of invincibility.

Watso

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2011, 09:15:29 PM »
wHERE ARE THEY NOW THIS IS THE TEAM IN1954-1955.BACK ROW LEFT TO RIGHT MR MORRIS ALEX HARPER JIM MCKEOWN GEORGE FERRIS JOHN WEBSTER JIM WATSON[ME] STANLEY POLLEY DICK WILLIAMS.FRONT ROW LEFT TO RIGHT ROY WATSON JOHN ADDIS JIM CREIGHTON CHARLIE CALDWELL JACKIE MAGEE HUGHIE COULTER AND TOM NIXON.IWOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE GEORGE FERRIS AND ALEX[HIPPO] HARPER WE GOOD FRIENDS IN OUR SCHOOLDAYS.

Rosser

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2011, 12:55:41 AM »
Watso, Great to see a photo of aul Chuck Caldwell, he was the H/master in Ballygo in my time 69/74, here is a picture of P1 Glenwood 1962 Miss Young's class. I can name all but one.

Rosser
How's yer belly off for blackheads

stevieboy

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 10:01:26 AM »
wHERE ARE THEY NOW THIS IS THE TEAM IN1954-1955.BACK ROW LEFT TO RIGHT MR MORRIS ALEX HARPER JIM MCKEOWN GEORGE FERRIS JOHN WEBSTER JIM WATSON[ME] STANLEY POLLEY DICK WILLIAMS.FRONT ROW LEFT TO RIGHT ROY WATSON JOHN ADDIS JIM CREIGHTON CHARLIE CALDWELL JACKIE MAGEE HUGHIE COULTER AND TOM NIXON.IWOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE GEORGE FERRIS AND ALEX[HIPPO] HARPER WE GOOD FRIENDS IN OUR SCHOOLDAYS.

Good to see the bold `Chuck` there. Looks like his lugs had still some way to grow.

sonofshanks

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011, 05:11:35 PM »
Good to see the bold `Chuck` there. Looks like his lugs had still some way to grow.
Aye, every time I see the F.A.Cup it reminds me of `Chuck`
I wanted to build a fortress, a bastion of invincibility.

river rats

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 09:16:52 PM »
I went to Glenwood  from 1962 to 69
We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars

harrydunn

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 12:04:59 AM »

washed your face and tidied you up a wee bit :smile: :smile: :smile:

river rats

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2011, 12:08:45 AM »