Author Topic: Glenwood School  (Read 12433 times)

stevieboy

Re: Glenwood School
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2011, 04:37:07 PM »
Remember being taught by Rowley. A very gruff man and very hard on the kids. Face like a slapped [censored] as well.

stevieboy

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2011, 04:38:53 PM »
Also remember McComb whose nickname was `Jiffy the broomstick man`. Misbehaving boys would be referred to as `warts` His favourite saying was `Out` also `out`. A big lanky strip of misery, he was.

stevieboy

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2011, 05:05:04 PM »
Remember baldy Simpson (head master) standing with the cane down his trousers, the dirty beast!!!!!

I also remember lanky McComb (Jiffy) nasty Rowley, Love, Gilchrist and Clarke who was a no nonsense sort of fellow.

sonofshanks

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2011, 10:14:14 AM »
Remember baldy Simpson (head master) standing with the cane down his trousers, the dirty beast!!!!!

I also remember lanky McComb (Jiffy) nasty Rowley, Love, Gilchrist and Clarke who was a no nonsense sort of fellow.

I also remember Baldy Simpson the Headmaster, hiding round corners trying to catch boys misbehaving. I also remember him with the cane down his trousers, the dirty baste !!!!!!!!!!!!
I wanted to build a fortress, a bastion of invincibility.

weebaldyman

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2012, 12:53:39 PM »
Good to see the bold `Chuck` there. Looks like his lugs had still some way to grow.

Well, well, well, Old big ears himself. Bet you `Chuck` had sadistic tendencies even back in those days.
As a primary school Glenwood was not too bad apart from one or two teachers.
Rowley was a gruff oul so and so, and big lanky McComb (Jiffy) was a big streak of misery. Clarke was tough but fair and `Baldy Simpson` was a bit of an ass.

markinbelfast

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2012, 02:14:07 PM »
Remember going to Glenwood and Mr. Clark who was my teacher. Rememebr playing football in the playground. First day they let me out to go the outside toilet, thought the day was over and went home!!!

really loved this teacher....stuff he told me then has shaped the person I am today....ex-RAF. I remember when Lord Mountbatten was murdered he brought the TV in for us to watch his funeral in silence..I remember him saying watch this as its history and you should remember it.

mrodgers64

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2012, 04:58:36 AM »
Went to Glenwood 1968-74..Remember Mr Rawley he was p6.. Always growing plants in his room and selling them..Miss Snoddon took us to the swimmers..