Author Topic: Does anyone remember where Hillview Street was?  (Read 6134 times)

mermaid

Re: Does anyone remember where Hillview Street was?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 08:10:11 AM »
Mer the people of the River Street were the riff raff LOL They were working class living in wee 'kitchen houses ( two up two down) Clirftonpark Avenue had alrge house Three stories many bedrooms reception rooms etc Many were double fronted. Hertzog the general who actually won the Six Day war and was later president of Israel was born on Cliftonpark Avenue.

LOL, ok, I learned something new then.  Although, I must say, that the ones living on Cliftonpark Avenue, undoubtedly made their money to afford those big houses off the backs of the working class that they wanted to keep out.

headtheball

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 08:16:52 AM »
Mermaid isn't that always the way of it, no on ever got rich by manual labour. The people of the River Streets were hard working, proud people. It was  a close knit community and I have many many happy memories of the people there.
The person who never made a mistake has  never made anything

mermaid

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 07:42:57 AM »
Mermaid isn't that always the way of it, no on ever got rich by manual labour. The people of the River Streets were hard working, proud people. It was  a close knit community and I have many many happy memories of the people there.

It sure is.  Good for them, they should be proud.  My Dad was a mechanic and tin basher so I can relate to the hard working people.  They worked hard and played hard too.

Mermaid

headtheball

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 09:00:15 AM »
  :)
The person who never made a mistake has  never made anything

seosamh

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2020, 03:58:43 PM »
did anyone on here know the mc graths from hillview st