Author Topic: Go Karting. Calling all Karters  (Read 2752 times)

Christopher

Go Karting. Calling all Karters
« on: June 09, 2006, 02:53:39 PM »
Ah those were the days! Not exactly Formula One but exciting to watch and equally exciting, maybe more so, for those participating. There were Go Kart races all over the place including May's Market.  Here is one local Go Kart track: Eddie Irvine Sports, Balloo Road, Bangor There is even a short video. That should please Belfast exile, Val Poole (nee Taggart), in Canada. Val I know you love the short videos on the PC. It is just as well you send me regular messages otherwise I would think you just look at the pictures :D

I spotted a little article about Karting in a local motor sport magazine. This is the 50th anniversary of Karting in Northern Ireland. Who recalls the name Terry Wilkinson? Well Terry and some of his mates plan to celebrate the occasion in some style with a Big Night Out in the autumn. Anyone who Karted in the early days is requested to contact John Galloway 028 90 671745, Victor Magee 028 93 352677 or Terry Wilkinson 028 91 814087

Christopher

Re: Go Karting. Calling all Karters
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 03:22:07 PM »
Kart racing is less expensive, but just as skilful and exciting as car racing, and can be pursued from age eight upwards. It is controlled by the RAC MSA to basically the same rules as car racing, and most of the current top F1 drivers acquired and developed their skills and race craft through karting. If this form of sport is of interest to you then contact the Ulster Karting Club. The Northern Ireland Karting Association are the governing body of the sport in the Province.

Christopher

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 08:52:07 PM »
Have your boys taken part in any competitions, Pentio ???

Christopher

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 07:44:35 AM »

not as yet Chris. .my eldest is into football at the moment.

Ah! Got to weigh up the pros and cons .. whether to have a career as a Formula 1 driver or become a famous footballer. Following Europe's great Ryder Cup victory yesterday is he showing interest in being a golfer? Tell him to avoid safe jobs .. take a chance with life .. there are not any second chances.