Author Topic: Ligoniel  (Read 140918 times)

dorisdickson970

Re: Ligoniel
« Reply #345 on: August 08, 2014, 01:41:25 PM »
you have in deed  i will try  and get  any  more  imformation  i  will  let you  know  ithink  it would  adreat book

dorisdickson970

« Reply #346 on: August 10, 2014, 02:47:52 PM »
Hazel - I am Doris's daughter Ellen  - I can scan and email the birth certificates etc for you, if you post your direct email address on the forum, I can email them directly to you and see if that helps the search, we have been trying to piece together their childhood for a time, and as you say info is patchy to put it together, mum granny susan didnt talk a lot either about their childhood although it seems they tried to stick together, it must have been a horendous time for them being pushed pillar to post in the hands of various charities and workhouses...it was no life at all, Im sure they would both be so proud to see their decendants doing so well and keeping in touch after all these years!  Best wishes Ellen

Elwood

« Reply #347 on: August 11, 2014, 12:47:13 AM »
Hazel - I am Doris's daughter Ellen  - I can scan and email the birth certificates etc for you, if you post your direct email address on the forum, I can email them directly to you and see if that helps the search, we have been trying to piece together their childhood for a time, and as you say info is patchy to put it together, mum granny susan didnt talk a lot either about their childhood although it seems they tried to stick together, it must have been a horendous time for them being pushed pillar to post in the hands of various charities and workhouses...it was no life at all, Im sure they would both be so proud to see their decendants doing so well and keeping in touch after all these years!  Best wishes Ellen

Hello Doris and Ellen, nice to hear from you again. My email address is [email protected] (it's listed under my profile details). It would be great to have any information regarding the family history. All I have are the two Census references and a very nice man on the forum helped out by sending me Granda's and Granny's wedding details. I'm going to have another shot at your facebook page and send you the little I know. I didn't know your Granny, Susan, although I do remember the name Martin. I'll keep this short and move over to your facebook. Wish me luck!! Best regards, Hazel

jacquismith87

« Reply #348 on: August 12, 2014, 02:15:32 PM »
Hi All

Sorry to repost but these message boards fill up very fast :)

Im doing a bit of Family Research, my Great Grandmother was Susannah Smith nee Todd she married William Smith they had Children William, James, Robert, Thomas ( my grandfather) and Mary Jane, i think there may have been another 2 children as per the 1911 Census they were from Wolfhill Avenue.Im also looking information on the Boyds, My great Grandmother was Sarah Fletcher Boyd who married Thomas Giffen in Canada, Sarahs Mother was called Martha Boyd Im trying to find out who Martha's husband is as i cant seem to find any records, also from Ligoniel - Lesley StreetMany thanks in advance   Jac

dorisdickson970

Re: iremember your great granny my frined went her shoping every sarurday
« Reply #349 on: August 13, 2014, 06:51:31 PM »
Hi All

Sorry to repost but these message boards fill up very fast :)

Im doing a bit of Family Research, my Great Grandmother was Susannah Smith nee Todd she married William Smith they had Children William, James, Robert, Thomas ( my grandfather) and Mary Jane, i think there may have been another 2 children as per the 1911 Census they were from Wolfhill Avenue.Im also looking information on the Boyds, My great Grandmother was Sarah Fletcher Boyd who married Thomas Giffen in Canada, Sarahs Mother was called Martha Boyd Im trying to find out who Martha's husband is as i cant seem to find any records, also from Ligoniel - Lesley StreetMany thanks in advance   Jac

dorisdickson970

« Reply #350 on: August 13, 2014, 06:57:58 PM »
I remeber your great granny my friend  went for her shoping  every saturday she was a lovely  woman  my friend was called flo robinson  may you have heard the name

jacquismith87

« Reply #351 on: August 13, 2014, 07:24:27 PM »
Hi Doris

Thank you for your message , which of my great grandmothers do you remember? Susannah or Sarah ? Jac 

udini

« Reply #352 on: August 14, 2014, 02:08:23 PM »
Jacqui, My Grandfather was called Willam Todd and he and his wife Elizabeth ( Graham) lived in Lavens Drive with their family. I don't know for sure if there is any connection to your search, but I seem to remember them talking about a Suzanne who was a sister to my Granda.From what I was told the Todd family came from the Ballyclare area.
Who,what, where,when and why,I think that says it all.

dorisdickson970

« Reply #353 on: August 14, 2014, 02:16:05 PM »
i think it was sarah we allways called her mrs smith

jacquismith87

« Reply #354 on: August 14, 2014, 02:54:17 PM »
Hi Doris,

It would have been Susanna as my GT Grandmother Sarah was Sarah Giffen  

jacquismith87

« Reply #355 on: August 14, 2014, 03:01:58 PM »
Hi Udini,

I have not managed to get past Susannah at the minute :( all i know is She married William Smith in St Annes Cathedral in Belfast (as per an Ancestory.com record) and the census records (Below).

SmithWilliam40MaleHead of FamilyChurch of IrelandSmithSusannah41FemaleWifeChurch of IrelandSmithWilliam17MaleSonChurch of IrelandSmithJames14MaleSonChurch of IrelandSmithRobert12MaleSonChurch of IrelandSmithThomas8MaleSonChurch of IrelandSmithMary Jane5FemaleDaughterChurch of Ireland
[/color][/font][/size]

1901 (I think this is them as all the date add up)

SmythSusan32FemaleHead of FamilyPresbyterianSmythRobert2MaleSonPresbyterianSmythWilliam6MaleSonPresbyterianSmythJames4MaleSonPresbyterian
[/color][/font][/size]

jacquismith87

« Reply #356 on: August 14, 2014, 03:03:44 PM »
Doris,

Do you remember anything about Susannah that you can tell me, as i have hit a brick wall :(

Rose anna

« Reply #357 on: September 16, 2014, 10:07:38 PM »
Hi. To the person who said Bessie Mcfarlane is their Mum. I remember Bessie very well and her Mum i think her name was Kathleen.Mervyn,David and Vivian Smilie remember them too.There was another Cousin called Agnes wickens. Sadly she died in Childbirth at a very young age. How is your Mum doing? Are you in Canada?

Rose anna

« Reply #358 on: September 16, 2014, 10:15:25 PM »
Doris Dickson re Flo Robinson. Doris i sent you a message on Facebook maybe you didnt see it. I remember Flo Robinson lived at the turn of the road. I think her brother was called Davey. He wet about with my brother. A few years ago i met Billy Robinson in London, he was with Tommy Martin who lived in Ligoniel place. Billy told me Flo was living in Ripon. Which is a lovey wee spot.

RSL

« Reply #359 on: September 17, 2014, 01:30:13 AM »
Hi Udini,
You mentioned Lavens Drive..Do you happen to know Susan Burgess who lived there with her Aunt
in the 1950/60's? I went to primary school with her (St.Mark's) and often think about my chums from
way back then. :)