Author Topic: Ligoniel  (Read 142256 times)

dorisdickson970

Re: Ligoniel
« Reply #375 on: September 18, 2014, 08:30:06 PM »
he was kind so was his wife he would do anyone a good turn

Rose anna

« Reply #376 on: September 18, 2014, 08:38:18 PM »
Hi Michelle68. That is really odd. I spoke to tommy Mackissey a few months ago and i was able to contact him through the wolfhill centre. Will see tomorrow and let you know. Roseanna

Rose anna

« Reply #377 on: September 18, 2014, 08:45:21 PM »
Hi Doris Dickson. My sister Carol went about with your sister sometimes and Doris Hodgins too. I really liked  Kathleen Hodgins. She was always kind to me. Is your sister still around? Our Carol is 73. Do you remember my brother Terry? That was a surprise to hear you had married David Dickson. Is he still around? Flo Robinson it must be 40 years since i saw her. My brother liked her. So how are you doing yourself Doris? Rose anna

DJ

« Reply #378 on: September 18, 2014, 11:50:03 PM »
What a question to ask, " is your husband still around", you could be a little more subtle.

Rose anna

« Reply #379 on: September 19, 2014, 05:07:54 AM »
Cannot see what your gripe is DJ. If you look at the whole of my comment, instead of paraphrasing. I asked if her sister was still around as well. Taking offence were none is meant.

moorsy

« Reply #380 on: September 19, 2014, 05:32:15 AM »
Cannot see what your gripe is DJ. If you look at the whole of my comment, instead of paraphrasing. I asked if her sister was still around as well. Taking offence were none is meant.

atta girl, !!  .were are you posting from R.A.?   Looks like we are the only to on here

i,m out of my mind,but feel free to leave a message.

Rose anna

« Reply #381 on: September 19, 2014, 06:35:13 AM »
Hi Moorsy.Im in England. Where are you?

Rose anna

« Reply #382 on: September 19, 2014, 06:44:03 AM »
May I suggest to all the people waxing lyrical about Ligoniel.post their real names.After all the memories being posted are of a place that no longer exists as it was known,Furthermore many of the people being remembered are no longer with us. All the secrecy reminds me of the darker side of Ligoniel where character assasination was an everyday sport.

moorsy

« Reply #383 on: September 19, 2014, 02:09:06 PM »
Hi Moorsy.Im in England. Where are you?

On the Canadian Prairies,  Thought you might have been out my way as per time we were posting.  Cheers.
i,m out of my mind,but feel free to leave a message.

dorisdickson970

« Reply #384 on: September 19, 2014, 04:23:08 PM »
What a question to ask, " is your husband still around", you could be a little more subtle.
ARE  YOU ROSEMARY  PATTON  BY ANY CHANCE  DAVEY IS STILL HERE  SO IS MY SISTER  GREAT TO HERE FROM YOU DORI
Hi Michelle68. That is really odd. I spoke to tommy Mackissey a few months ago and i was able to contact him through the wolfhill centre. Will see tomorrow and let you know. Roseanna
S

may mccomiskey

« Reply #385 on: September 19, 2014, 08:15:46 PM »
rose anna ur sister carol worked in ewarts mountain mill with my mum....molly Richmond I would love to know if carol remembers her. hugh elder was their boss.  Barbara speers and Eleanor kennedy worked in same room carol might remember them too although it is a very long time ago. I live at the turn of the road too.

may mccomiskey

« Reply #386 on: September 19, 2014, 08:32:33 PM »
michelle 68 I remember your gr-mother penny, I was friends with her daughter-in-law Kathleen who was wed to a john penny,john was murdered going to work in the troubles here.  Kathleen and john had a daughter I think her name was Geraldine she was born same time as my oldest son [1964],  I know Kathleen died some years after john. I will have a look at old photos,i think I have one of Geraldine when she was very young.  that's all I can tell you of the family,i see you are looking for noble family if you go way back on this post you might find some info as I know I saw posts on about members of noble family I will look back too see if anything turns up for you...I know it was on posts about ligoniel.

may mccomiskey

« Reply #387 on: September 19, 2014, 08:37:19 PM »
michelle68 if you go back to page 15 on this site you will find info on noble family     good luck.

Rose anna

« Reply #388 on: September 19, 2014, 11:12:38 PM »
To May mcComisky. Hi May. Yes my sister Carol certainly did work with your Mum Molly and what a lovely woman she was. Carol remembers your Mum Eleanor Kennedy, Barbara spiers and of course yourself. Hugh Elder was related to Sarah Robinson in our street so i seen him passing as a child. Carol lives in the Woodvale and her health is not so good these days. She has 8 children and ive lost count of the grandchildren and great grand children. I don't know if you remember my oldest sister Ada? She died a long time ago at a young age. My brother Terry died just a few years after Ada at a young age. So there is just Carol and I left. May would you be able to go and see Carol? It would be wonderful if you could. With very best wishes Roseanna. 

Rose anna

« Reply #389 on: September 19, 2014, 11:22:00 PM »
To Doris Dickson. Hi Doris, Yes I wondered when you would realise as i was giving you hints.Really glad to hear Davey and your sister are still around, its just so many are gone. My oldest Sister has been gone since 1988 leaving 5 children and my brother Terry since 1993. Carol is not so well but she keeps her spirits up. How is your wee friend Flo Robinson? All the best Roseanna