Author Topic: Ligoniel  (Read 140752 times)

DOFFER

Re: Ligoniel
« Reply #390 on: September 20, 2014, 02:37:28 PM »
May I suggest to all the people waxing lyrical about Lionel.post their real names.After all the memories being posted are of a place that no longer exists as it was known,Furthermore many of the people being remembered are no longer with us. All the secrecy reminds me of the darker side of Lionel where character assassination was an everyday sport.

i was not aware that anyone posting re Ligoniel or other subjects  were doing so in secrecy ie not in full name ,nor was i aware that because the people mentioned in  threads even if passed away or no longer exist cant be spoken off ,i myself love waxing lyrical or  as i call it praising my childhood in ligoniel  for me and only speaking for myself it was a wonderful place to be raised ,but that was in 40s 50s ,when all of ligoniel  of whatever  denomination  all got along very well ,,,,,,,,,,,,i guess  i never came across the dark side ,
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says 'Oh [censored] shes awake!!'

jawbox

« Reply #391 on: September 20, 2014, 06:07:02 PM »
Hi Doffer+Doris, Joker was always good fun and i think he had more than 10 children. Another daughter was called Jean. Mary Greens shop can still remember the smell of pipe tobacco. Was Alan Dickson the one with the sore back Doris? Remember Jim, David and Doreen Dickson was there a Drew as well? I remember Alan Dicksons wife Ellie she was a nice woman. Does anyone know Doris Hodgins she lived in the garden houses and two doors up lived Irene Hamilton. The games of hand ball up against the gable wall were  brilliant
[/quotI knew Doris well. I knocked around with her brother Wesley (RIP).Many times him & myself tramped up the White Avenue and on into the fields around Crowe glen]

moorsy

« Reply #392 on: September 20, 2014, 10:38:37 PM »
To Doris Dickson. Hi Doris, Yes I wondered when you would realise as i was giving you hints.Really glad to hear Davey and your sister are still around, its just so many are gone. My oldest Sister has been gone since 1988 leaving 5 children and my brother Terry since 1993. Carol is not so well but she keeps her spirits up. How is your wee friend Flo Robinson? All the best Roseanna
[/quote

Sorry I cant message you yet R.A. i think you have to post 20 times or something before you can recieve messages  Maybe someone can verify that.
i,m out of my mind,but feel free to leave a message.

jawbox

« Reply #393 on: September 21, 2014, 10:04:20 AM »
Hi Moorsy.Im in England. Where are you?

dorisdickson970

« Reply #394 on: September 21, 2014, 12:20:40 PM »
we were blessed  being brought  in ligoniel  the only excitedment  if there was a fight on asaturday nigh

dorisdickson970

« Reply #395 on: September 21, 2014, 05:20:47 PM »
Hi Doffer+Doris, Joker was always good fun and i think he had more than 10 children. Another daughter was called Jean. Mary Greens shop can still remember the smell of pipe tobacco. Was Alan Dickson the one with the sore back Doris? Remember Jim, David and Doreen Dickson was there a Drew as well? I remember Alan Dicksons wife Ellie she was a nice woman. Does anyone know Doris Hodgins she lived in the garden houses and two doors up lived Irene Hamilton. The games of hand ball up against the gable wall were  brilliant
[/quotI knew Doris well. I knocked around with her brother Wesley (RIP).Many times him & myself tramped up the White Avenue and on into the fields around Crowe glen]
what you said  is so ture

linedancer

« Reply #396 on: September 21, 2014, 08:13:26 PM »
what you said  is so ture

Hi I am not from Ligoniel but my friend lived there Agnes McKeen she had a brother Billy I noticed you used to be called McKeen hopefully you know them as I have been in Canada from 75 thanks

dorisdickson970

« Reply #397 on: September 22, 2014, 11:53:21 AM »
yes agnes is my  sister  both her and billy are fine 

linedancer

« Reply #398 on: September 22, 2014, 07:05:19 PM »
yes agnes is my  sister  both her and billy are fine
Tell them Irene Clarke say Hi from Canada are they on the Internet and if she has any photos of us in Gallahers lol I have some, so glad I found her as I have been trying Thank you sooooo much Irene

dorisdickson970

« Reply #399 on: September 23, 2014, 06:51:43 PM »
Tell them Irene Clarke say Hi from Canada are they on the Internet and if she has any photos of us in Gallahers lol I have some, so glad I found her as I have been trying Thank you sooooo much Irene
i   i will  tell her  she will be so happy to here   from  you  shels not very well at the moment 

linedancer

« Reply #400 on: September 24, 2014, 03:35:29 AM »
i   i will  tell her  she will be so happy to here   from  you  shels not very well at the moment
Hi Love did you mean she is not to well ?  if so I hope she will get well soon, is she on the internet?

dorisdickson970

« Reply #401 on: September 24, 2014, 02:12:30 PM »
her husband is on facebook his name is morris  montgumary 

linedancer

« Reply #402 on: September 24, 2014, 04:21:42 PM »
her husband is on facebook his name is morris  montgumary
Thanks love, have you told her yet we have been chatting? tell him to look for Irene Clarke Hogg on Face book and I will check and see if I can find him. Where are they living now?

dorisdickson970

« Reply #403 on: September 24, 2014, 04:34:53 PM »
yes i phoned her she lives in clengoemley now  she has 2 grand sons 1 grandoughter  2great grandoughters 1 grandsons

linedancer

« Reply #404 on: September 24, 2014, 05:45:27 PM »
yes i phoned her she lives in clengoemley now  she has 2 grand sons 1 grandoughter  2great grandoughters 1 grandsons
Hi love I found her hubby on face book and left a message, she is catching up on me lol I have 2 grand daughters 2 grand sons the oldest is 30 I have 1 great grand son and 6 great gran daughters the oldest is 10 I want to thank you soooo much Irene