Author Topic: Ligoniel  (Read 140875 times)

jawbox

Re: Ligoniel
« Reply #420 on: October 12, 2014, 12:40:30 PM »
I rem oul Jimmy the headmaster with the swishy bamboo cane and Mr Smith,Mr Larmour,Miss Edgar,Mrs Houston the American teacher Miss Penelope. The day she arrived she had a small present for everyone in the class.I also rem the ode to the school written by Mr Larmour. First line was, "There's a school up in Ligoniel resting on the mountainside " Rem it ?

ballysillan old boy

« Reply #421 on: October 12, 2014, 01:09:13 PM »
Hi Doris Thank you. Sad May is gone. I do not remember Pat. Did they do well in Australia Doris? Do you remember the family who lived next door to the Wylies in Lever street. Ive been trying to renember their name. Xx
Yeah that was my family ;)

Rose anna

« Reply #422 on: October 12, 2014, 01:18:44 PM »
Whose family? Your quote came at the end of my comment so do no know your name.

Rose anna

« Reply #423 on: October 12, 2014, 01:30:39 PM »
Hi Jawbox. Yes i do. But i think you were there before me as i do not remember any American or a few of the others. I remember Mr Anderson took ill with Ulcers and when he came back he ate nothing but apples. He never caned me but he used to make me sing the skye boat song with a boy called Jack stewart from the street next to Castles shop. Wonder where he is now. Im sure mr Anderson is  gone but his son and daughter may well still be around. Remember the Chorus. Wolfhill the famous Wolfhill the Glorious we will remember your walls with pride and for all those who come after us... Will have to ask my sister about the rest. It didnt matter that the books were in tatters or the toilets were stinking we had a school song lol. Delusions of grandeaur!

Rose anna

« Reply #424 on: October 12, 2014, 01:33:01 PM »
Well Ballysillan Boy you wouldnt tell me your name so i asked Doris.lol

ballysillan old boy

« Reply #425 on: October 13, 2014, 06:39:29 AM »
Well Ballysillan Boy you wouldnt tell me your name so i asked Doris.lol
i sent you a pm did you not get it?

Rose anna

« Reply #426 on: October 13, 2014, 12:49:28 PM »
Hi ballysillan boy . No didnt get it. Do you still live in Ulster?

dorisdickson970

« Reply #427 on: October 13, 2014, 06:01:28 PM »
i went to wolfhill  jimmy anderson was the headmaster  mrs tompson  taught  babies  miss cambell  mr morrison   auther anderson   miss houeson  and miss hamailton taught music 

ballysillan old boy

« Reply #428 on: October 13, 2014, 06:18:20 PM »
Hi ballysillan boy . No didnt get it. Do you still live in Ulster?
Sent another let me know if you got it

Rose anna

« Reply #429 on: October 13, 2014, 10:34:52 PM »
Thats right Doris. I wonder if Arthur Anderson is still alive

Rose anna

« Reply #430 on: October 14, 2014, 07:12:29 AM »
Hi Udini. Glad you are in touch with thewass. He seems a nice man but Poorly which is a shame. It seems a long time since we were children running about Ligoniel. The place as we knew it has gone along with our Childhood

udini

« Reply #431 on: October 14, 2014, 04:25:39 PM »
Hi Udini. Glad you are in touch with thewass. He seems a nice man but Poorly which is a shame. It seems a long time since we were children running about Ligoniel. The place as we knew it has gone along with our Childhood
Living down Harmony and then Glenbank Place, I didn't get up much to Ligoniel except when I went to see my cousins, Smylies in Mountainview Street? across from bandhut or the McCloys who lived up the hill past where the buses turned. The McCloys all went to Australia, Mother, Father, 3 sons and a daughter. All the "children" are still alive and still in Australia.Anytime I was up there we would go to the dams or rivers and just spend time in the country. Of course ,like everyone else, I went to Isaacs for my haircut!
Who,what, where,when and why,I think that says it all.

dorisdickson970

« Reply #432 on: October 14, 2014, 06:58:27 PM »
Yeah that was my family ;)
[/quote  did you play rallyo and hunting   in ligoniel  i liked  catchy kiss  haha  or true  dare kiss love or comand

Rose anna

« Reply #433 on: October 14, 2014, 07:23:44 PM »
Hi Udini Remember Harmony hill very well. Loved going down to the market gardens down there when it was our turn to provide the flowers for the Church. Loved walking down to the bridge. The bus stop was right outside the Mayfair so mum and i used to have an icecream lovely wee shop.Oh yes  if you didnt have your haircut by isac Henderson you were  nobody. His brother Billy was the local window cleaner and also a wonderful singer. It was sad to hear of the passing of Harry Granville and Roy Bonar. Also David and Vivian Smilie all remembered from childhood

dorisdickson970

« Reply #434 on: October 14, 2014, 08:05:54 PM »
does any one remember the long hall