Author Topic: Ligoniel  (Read 144298 times)

Ginger33

Re: Ligoniel
« Reply #555 on: September 29, 2016, 04:34:40 PM »
Your name sounds familiar to me I lived Silvestre road my maiden name was Ann Beattie did you know a wee man called Walter Blair he lived Silvestre cresent think it was number 10 .

Mick A Lean

« Reply #556 on: September 30, 2016, 02:26:44 AM »
Your name sounds familiar to me I lived Silvestre road my maiden name was Ann Beattie did you know a wee man called Walter Blair he lived Silvestre cresent think it was number 10 .
G'day Ginger. I was a while before your time. I left St. Marks in 1952, and left Ballysillan in 1954, and have been in Australia ever since.
Keep smiling

Ginger33

« Reply #557 on: September 30, 2016, 12:08:29 PM »
Hi there thank you for getting back to me I must have been thinking of some one else .
Have a lovely day .

mccoy

« Reply #558 on: September 30, 2016, 06:33:08 PM »
Mick A lean. You left St Marks 1952 my two twin brothers left about 1953,I left a few years later .The name McCoy ring any bells.

Mick A Lean

« Reply #559 on: October 01, 2016, 06:15:06 AM »
Mick A lean. You left St Marks 1952 my two twin brothers left about 1953,I left a few years later .The name McCoy ring any bells.
Hi, Ginger. I knew your brothers very well. For a time we were in the same class. Back then they lived in one of the white washed cottages in Harmony. I also worked with your father, Billy! in Glenbank.  What a small world we live in.  Thanks for contacting me .I would be pleased to hear from you anytime.
keep smiling.
Mick.
Keep smiling

Mick A Lean

« Reply #560 on: October 01, 2016, 06:17:18 AM »
Sorry Ginger I mixed you up with McCoy.  I think it is called (a senior moment)
Keep smiling

Ginger33

« Reply #561 on: October 01, 2016, 09:37:47 AM »
Hi there Mick don't worry I have got a lot of people mixed up on here or sent a question and it's went to the wrong person lol . But sure it's still nice to chat .
Hope you have a lovely day .
Chat soon
Ginger 33

mccoy

« Reply #562 on: October 01, 2016, 07:35:04 PM »
Hi Mick A Lean ,Can I ask your real name as I might remember you .  Brother Billy died a few years ,Robert is in a care home after a serious stroke  JMc

Mick A Lean

« Reply #563 on: October 05, 2016, 04:33:54 AM »
Hi Mick A Lean ,Can I ask your real name as I might remember you .  Brother Billy died a few years ,Robert is in a care home after a serious stroke  JMc
My name is Norman McCleery. I sent you a PM with a few more details.
Keep smiling

mccoy

« Reply #564 on: October 05, 2016, 05:27:28 PM »
Sorry Mick A Lean just found your message reply to follow.

Mick A Lean

« Reply #565 on: October 22, 2016, 04:10:13 AM »
  Did you have a brother called Jim Beattie who lived in the back street in Ligoniel?   I didn't know Walter Blair.!
Keep smiling

Mick A Lean

« Reply #566 on: October 22, 2016, 04:39:14 AM »
Hi, Ginger, I note in a past post, you mentioned Charlie McAleer, I knew him. He was a local butcher. His sons names are Bobby and Wilson. They were two or three years younger than me. We often played in the street together, and went swimming in the old dam in the Glenn at the back of the park. (much against our mothers' wishes) Can you tell me if they are still around??????????????????????????.
It is nice to hear about the people from way back then.
Keep smiling.
Mick. (Norman) 
Keep smiling

« Reply #567 on: January 04, 2017, 07:35:22 PM »

For reasons far beyond my comprehension I found myself browsing this forum last night and it looks like I have stumbled across a family mystery which I knew nothing about.

My grandfather whom I was named after, was Bobby Todd and my grandmother was Frances Todd better known as Lalla and they also lived in Lavens drive so it looks like I am related to Udini and Jacquismith87. Maybe 2nd cousins.

At this stage I have no answers to the Smith/Todd mystery but I know my sister has done extensive research with the family tree and managed to go back quite a few generations.

I am currently back in N.I. visiting family and will take the opportunity to speak to my uncle Jack and aunt Roberta (Bobby's son and daughter) to see if they can shed some light on the subject. Unfortunately my father Howard passed away last year and this sort of thing would have been right up his street.

Jacquismith87 please feel free to pm me, I will put you in touch with my sister who has all the info on the family tree
Robert  I have sent you a PM

gordy

« Reply #568 on: March 06, 2017, 04:03:49 PM »
Hello everyone,

Just enquiring if anyone knew an Andrew Todd from Abbeydale crescent, Crumlin road facing the Ballysillan road.

Andrew was also called Andy.

I've lost contact this past 40 years and I haven't a clue where he lives now.

Any help appreciated.

acrooks

« Reply #569 on: May 05, 2017, 11:24:29 PM »

Hi, I hope someone can help.
I am trying to find my grandfathers family history.
We believe that his mother and father Mary and John Coyle lived in the Ligoniel area.
My Aunt remembers going to visit sometime around the 1950s.
I cannot find any record of them in the ancestry website.