Author Topic: researchers  (Read 1836 times)

simgammer

researchers
« on: February 25, 2007, 09:13:20 PM »
I would be pleased to know if there is an index of lookup volunteers fo Belfast.
Thank you.

Christopher

Re: researchers
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 09:51:56 AM »
I would be pleased to know if there is an index of lookup volunteers fo Belfast.
Thank you.

Hiya simgammer,

Welcome to the Forum.

As far as I'm aware there's no specific list for lookup volunteers in Belfast ... there's Mary Lennon's Look-Ups Forum and an American site Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness (RAOGK).  An index of people based in Belfast makes a lot of sense to me. I'm sure there are many, like myself, who attempt to answer queries on sites which have boards for every county in Ireland. It would be so much easier if we could sometimes make contact with a person who actually lived in the area for a bit of assistance.

I'd be delighted to have my name on a Belfast lookup volunteer index.

Chris 

Christopher

Re: researchers
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 08:23:33 PM »
Hiya simgammer,

I should have mentioned Anthony as well. He's a Forum member but makes more regular posts on RootsChat.
BTW if you're a member of RootsChat it would be a good idea to post your query on that site. They have a much larger membership than the Forum. As far as I know there are a few Belfast people on that site who are not Forum members and may not have seen your query. If you are a member of other Family History sites which have a board related to Belfast post it there too. I don't know how many people in Belfast or elsewhere in the the Province who are interested in genealogy are making regular visits to the LDS FHC, libraries or PRONI. It would be a great help to overseas people and locals unable to make such visits, if it was possible, to compile a list of volunteers. 

Christopher