Author Topic: Doris Hyman  (Read 1911 times)

belfastchild

Doris Hyman
« on: October 16, 2009, 01:46:37 PM »
would anyone know Doris Hyman she used to live in 71 farnham street she could be married now but her maiden name was Doris Hyman any help greatfully received !

teragram

Re: Doris Hyman
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 02:21:29 PM »
I'm glad you mentioned that name because I knew a bloke many years ago called Maurice Hyman. I can't remember anything else about him but I'd like to, because, in the back of my mind I knew I was friendly with him. This "gettin' old" craic is crap.

Hyman is a very unusual surname.
If you don't do it you won't get caught.

belfastchild

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 04:11:16 PM »
Maurice Hyman was Doris.s brother

teragram

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 05:10:30 PM »
I'm sure Doris should have pictures of him.

belfastchild

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 04:53:44 PM »
 my thoughts exactly  tera but i have to find Doris or someone who knew her or knows her she could be married  so would have another name now !

belfastchild

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 11:08:09 AM »
anyone remember the Hyman family from farnham street they had a hardware shop at carlisl circus??????????

stickyra

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 01:36:56 PM »
belfastchild

Was Geoffrey not able to help you? Maybe his siter Reena or brother Louis could if he could even put you in touch with either of them. Good luck.
Ní bheith mo leithid aris ann

belfastchild

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 11:21:24 PM »
hi Stickyra
geoffrey said Rena still lives in belfast he never mentioned louis ! he knows very little about that side of the family he remembers as a boy going to see his uncle benji which was maurice and doris,s dad ! he said that maurices death and him being found in the lagan  was reported in the belfast telegraph but doesnt know when he thinks maybe late 70s early 80s so i think at some stage ill have to go to the central library and go through all the old teles ! thanks for your interest stickyra ! 

driver

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 11:31:14 PM »
Hi, sorry for butting in, I was searching web for something totally unconnected to Belfast history and came across this thread. I lived for about 25 years a few doors up from Doris mother Mrs Hyman as I knew her. I have seen Doris on the Ormeau Road a couple of months ago and as far as I know she is not married, her mother is also still living as far as I know.

The death you talk about must have been pre '77 as I didn`t even know she had a brother.

Great forum, think I will be visiting more often.

stickyra

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 09:13:03 PM »
hi Stickyra
geoffrey said Rena still lives in belfast he never mentioned louis ! he knows very little about that side of the family he remembers as a boy going to see his uncle benji which was maurice and doris,s dad ! he said that maurices death and him being found in the lagan  was reported in the belfast telegraph but doesnt know when he thinks maybe late 70s early 80s so i think at some stage ill have to go to the central library and go through all the old teles ! thanks for your interest stickyra !  

Not really suprised he didn't mention Louis. They were like chalk and cheese and you would never have believed they were brothers. Louis spent most of his time mocking geoffery any time they met, which was rare after geoff became a Rabbi. PS they had another sister called Yvonne.
Ní bheith mo leithid aris ann

belfastchild

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 10:42:23 PM »
Driver i have sent you a message !

annadale

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 08:10:10 PM »
doris hyman is my mun who is alive and she can be contacted through me morrice was murdered 1974 he will be dead 35years this sunday my nanny is also still alive she is 97. its lovely to see that someone wants to contact her looking forward to hearing from you

teragram

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 08:13:31 PM »
Do you have a photo of Maurice by any chance? I knew him pretty well.

belfastchild

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 03:59:27 AM »
Annadale
i have sent you a mesage !

MEKON 2

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2019, 06:42:11 PM »
Do you by any chance know of an Eyvone Hyman ,that used to live on the Antrim Rd , and went to a  The Golan Heights about 40 years ago.