Author Topic: Teddy&The Tigers.  (Read 3696 times)

irish

Teddy&The Tigers.
« on: October 20, 2009, 11:13:38 PM »
Who remembers Teddy Palmer?  My sister & I went all over to see them.
She was in love with Tiger. & of course all the girls loved Teddy. We had  a lot of fun. acccordng to my sister Teddy is still singing out there. Is that true?

Burnsy

It's Nice to be Nice.!!

headtheball

Re: Teddy&The Tigers.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 05:16:58 PM »
Tiger was as mad as a hatter. When Teddy joined the College Boys Pup Fullerton left and formed a band with Tiger. I went to scholl with Pup and met him again years later after he had been over playing in England with Alexis Kroner
The person who never made a mistake has  never made anything

irish

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 11:43:19 PM »
Hi headtheball,

Thanks for the info on Tiger.  I will have to let my sister know, she will get a good laugh.

Tiger as mad as a hatter, good one!!!.

headtheball

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 12:17:29 PM »
Irish the aul sparkin plugs did for his napper. He had a wee dog and he swore that the dog wore a smoking jacket and smoked cigars. Oh the aul LSD was powerful stuff

irish

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 09:53:11 PM »
Hi headtheball,

LSD!  I thought maybe some weed.  OH I was young & innocent then.

Poor dog, maybe he dressed it in one, & gave it a cigar.

As you say, LSD powerful stuff.

Thanks got another good laugh.

headtheball

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 11:30:24 PM »
No he just used to see things. Tiger was  a very talented guitarist and others less talented than he got a lot further than he did He was very badly served in lots of ways by his managers.

wilfam

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 07:21:35 AM »
Burnsy thanks for the link. Is that Teddy singing??
His dad used to be our milkman up in Belvoir, they lived in Newtownbreda. I used to get myself all 'dolled up' in case Teddy came on a Friday night to get the milk money - and he did fairly often, he worked quite a bit with his dad on the milk round.
Teddy had an alsation dog (just can't remember its name) - he used to drive into the forest just opposite our house and let the dog out, then drive round with the dog running beside the car and at the other end let the dog hop in again  :)
wilfam

Belfast Dave

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 10:25:17 AM »
No he just used to see things. Tiger was  a very talented guitarist and others less talented than he got a lot further than he did He was very badly served in lots of ways by his managers.

I knew Tiger when he was a young man ... he was very talented then, but weird from when he was a boy!
He had a plastic guitar back in the 50s and we were his backing skiffle group, with the washboard and tea chest bass ... in his coalshed in the dark! He played Lonnie Donegan and Johnny Duncan all the time then.

He hardly ever went to school and would be seen trailing down the street long after everyone else.
He was very creative, making up stories all the time, carving guns and rifles out of scrap wood ...

He was very innocent and easily led ... I don't think that part of him changed much ...

Family Names: Wright, Bowden, Dickson, McIlveen, Pollock

Giannineo

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 10:36:37 AM »
Teddy Palmer...indeed ;they owned a shop in Newtownbreda village.

TremTed1

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 04:44:53 PM »
That's a super video from Burnsy, but it's not the Belfast Teddie & the Tigers, no cine was taken of them! See pics etc at www.irish-showbands.com look up Teddie Palmer and the Rumble Band; also  at www.irishshowbands.net (the beat group section)

TremTed1

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 04:46:36 PM »
Wilfam, the dog's name was Shane...see pics at
 http://www.irish-showbands.com/Bands/teddiepalmerf.htm

RockinBear1960

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 03:18:13 PM »
I knew Tiger when he was a young man ... he was very talented then, but weird from when he was a boy!
He had a plastic guitar back in the 50s and we were his backing skiffle group, with the washboard and tea chest bass ... in his coalshed in the dark! He played Lonnie Donegan and Johnny Duncan all the time then.

He hardly ever went to school and would be seen trailing down the street long after everyone else.
He was very creative, making up stories all the time, carving guns and rifles out of scrap wood ...

He was very innocent and easily led ... I don't think that part of him changed much ...
Tiger is still going strong, singing round Dublin where he moved in around 1971, after Eire Apparent (managed by Jimmy Hendix manager) he joined the Freshmen who were based in Dublin by then....a lot of the musos got out of Belfast then!

RockinBear1960

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2016, 10:41:56 PM »
Burnsy thanks for the link. Is that Teddy singing??
His dad used to be our milkman up in Belvoir, they lived in Newtownbreda. I used to get myself all 'dolled up' in case Teddy came on a Friday night to get the milk money - and he did fairly often, he worked quite a bit with his dad on the milk round.
Teddy had an alsation dog (just can't remember its name) - he used to drive into the forest just opposite our house and let the dog out, then drive round with the dog running beside the car and at the other end let the dog hop in again  :)
No video of Teddie & the Tigers, but you can see The Exiles at CIYMS the year before that (1966) at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvF1wtDZNTs

Bigali

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2016, 11:23:57 PM »
Remember going to see Teddy Palmer and the Rumble Band at the now long defunct Downhill Hotel in the early eighties
Support Soldier F

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .