Author Topic: Teddy&The Tigers.  (Read 3710 times)

RockinBear1960

Re: Teddy&The Tigers.
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 11:52:18 AM »
One of the great gigs of the 'old days!' As well as Saturdays it ran the only Monday in Ireland (except the TV club in Dublin which ran to attract all the bands & managers on their night off!) The Downhill was always packed on a Monday too.

Bigali

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2016, 11:53:48 PM »
One of the great gigs of the 'old days!' As well as Saturdays it ran the only Monday in Ireland (except the TV club in Dublin which ran to attract all the bands & managers on their night off!) The Downhill was always packed on a Monday too.

A great spot indeed , did you ever go the the Golden Gutty as we used to call it  (The Golden Slipper) up the road at Bellarena ? For such an out of the way place it had a good restaurant doing the usual prawn cocktail , steak and chips , Black Forest gateau menu and the grub was good plus next door was the dance hall featuring on occasion the Mighty Avons and others of that lik , but usually just locals trying to make good , a culchie paradise and great memories .
Support Soldier F

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

RockinBear1960

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 11:45:15 AM »
The Golden Slipper Ballerena.....I don't recall it, Was that a Ballroom? If yes have you any pics of it?
It isn't mentioned at http://www.irish-showbands.com/ballroomsbycountya-k.htm#Antrim it would be great to add it to the venues in Antrim list!

RockinBear1960

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2016, 11:46:36 AM »
Sorry, silly of me I see 'ballroom' mentioned now, I read it on my phone, didn't see that bit at first, any pics by any chance?

Bigali

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 12:10:05 PM »
Yes Rockin I've seen that website and it's very good , I came upon a picture of my brother and his mates from the late sixties/early seventies when they had an outfit called the State Showband.

The Golden Slipper was only on the go for a few years but it wasn't really a ballroom in the sense of those on the website.

I THINK years before that it might have been known as the Silver Slipper.
Support Soldier F

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

RockinBear1960

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2016, 01:05:04 PM »
Don't think so BigAli, the only Silver Slipper I heard of was at Strandhill....found this! https://www.facebook.com/Silver-Slipper-Sligo-105884466107040/

Bigali

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2016, 01:12:00 PM »
Rockin you are probably right , I personally don't remember a Silver Slipper at Bellarena I just had a vague memory of locals talking about it , however given that it's thirty years and more ago I could be mixed up !
Support Soldier F

RockinBear1960

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2016, 01:21:40 PM »
Yes and THIRTY years is being hopeful, it is more like 40 years! Doesn't time fly!