Author Topic: belfast chippy pastie recipe??? Anyone??  (Read 36737 times)

sydenhambetty

Re: recipe for pasties
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2009, 01:37:36 PM »
Kraftcheese glad you enjoyed the pasties. Partially thawed should be OK. Its just that they would break up if they are too soft. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.  Oscar Wilde

grannyspice

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2009, 10:08:32 PM »
Kraft we heated some of our in the oven and another time in the microwave and they were both equally good. Enjoy x

mrsmerryweather

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2009, 11:34:23 PM »
Hello Betty,
Have just found your pastie recipe and I can't wait to try it out.
I'm really embarrassed to ask this question (my cooking skills are definitely worse than Kraftcheese's!) but is it pork sausage meat you use and how do I 'cook' it? 
 :blush2:
Do I just put it in a dry saucepan and seal the meat?  :scratch_ones_head:
Life is too short to stuff a mushroom.

kraftcheese

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 04:10:06 AM »
Thanks a lot sydenhambetty and grannyspice.  I need all the help I can get when it comes to cooking.  mrsmerryweather, you couldn't possibly be any worse than I am. :D   
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

Burnsy

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 04:17:14 AM »
Thanks a lot sydenhambetty and grannyspice.  I need all the help I can get when it comes to cooking.  mrsmerryweather, you couldn't possibly be any worse than I am. :D

Oh I don't know.... :D
It's Nice to be Nice.!!

mrsmerryweather

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 09:16:17 AM »
Burnsey, you're asking for a smacked leg - with socks down!

But you're not gonna get it because I suspect you'd enjoy it way too much! :sarcastic:

Kraft, I think I'd beat you, hands down. Many years ago when I first left home, I fried liver for four hours!  :yes:

kraftcheese

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2009, 10:03:13 AM »

Kraft, I think I'd beat you, hands down. Many years ago when I first left home, I fried liver for four hours!  :yes:

Good one mmw! I'll try to remember some of my bad ones.  ;)
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

lilylou

• Account Closed
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2009, 03:25:05 PM »

When I first got married I had never cooked in my life and baked a cake trying to impress my so called loved one ,but the recipe said to put rice in it (it was a chocolate cake)and the only rice I had was long grain so I carried on not knowing any difference ,well the poor man never said a word and him and my brother eat as much as they could , as I watched every mouthful lol ,the rice never cooked and it was disgusting , happy days  :D   

mrsmerryweather

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2009, 07:11:53 PM »
lilylou,
Do you mean to tell me there are different types of rice????????
 :swoon: :swoon:

McGurggle

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2009, 10:43:41 PM »
The real 'chippie pasties' contained very little mashed potatoes. In fact the most economical source of tatties was the 'left over chips' (including the hard ones). They were put thru a mincer (not a food processor or blitzer, cos they didn't have them then) & mixed with the rest of the ingredients. The mashed tatties were only added to make the right consistency & to bind all together. Thats a secret, but. !
McG

maureenr25

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2009, 11:28:07 AM »
eddee did you buy your pasties in the chippie on the corner of Mount Street and Glentoran Street? Anyone remember what that chippie was called? I know there was another chippie in the other side of Mount Street owned by Mrs Dane but dont think her pasties were in the same league. Eddee, my aunt and uncle lived in Lecale Street. They were called Seaton. I lived in Malcolm Street till 1963. Beatties chippie in Tates Avenue was, and still is very good.

My maiden name was Seaton and my relatives were from that area.  What was your aunt and uncles names.  Maybe we are related.  Maureen

grannyspice

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2009, 02:31:11 PM »
Hi Maureen. My aunt and uncle were Maggie and Billy Seaton.I think they lived in 66 (not 100% sure of the number) They had a large family some of whom were Ella, Catherine, Margaret, Kenneth, David, Arthur, Ruby, Billy and about 4 or 5 others. It would be nice if we found we were related. Regards Margaret

maureenr25

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2009, 02:35:32 PM »
Hi Maureen. My aunt and uncle were Maggie and Billy Seaton.I think they lived in 66 (not 100% sure of the number) They had a large family some of whom were Ella, Catherine, Margaret, Kenneth, David, Arthur, Ruby, Billy and about 4 or 5 others. It would be nice if we found we were related. Regards Margaret
I don't recognise any of those names but I only found my cousin Melville in Bangor this year.  I live in Canada. I was born in Belfast, my dad was Leslie, from Windsor Rd.  I'll ask my cousin if he knows these names.  I only know my Grandfather was William, Grandmother Emily, Uncle Norman (Melville's father), Harold and Eileen.  Will keep in touch. Thanks for the reply, Maureen

grannyspice

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2009, 02:49:17 PM »
Maureen a few years ago I discovered quite by accident  that people I have known for quite some time shared my same aunt & uncle Margaret & William Seaton though they were on a different side of the family. Their names are Irene, Billy and Joe (deceased) Porter. Belfast is certaily a small place !!

maureenr25

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2009, 02:53:05 PM »
Maureen a few years ago I discovered quite by accident  that people I have known for quite some time shared my same aunt & uncle Margaret & William Seaton though they were on a different side of the family. Their names are Irene, Billy and Joe (deceased) Porter. Belfast is certaily a small place !!
[/quote

Whereabouts do you live?  I googled the street Lacale st. and it is relatively close to windsor rd.  I know they always lived in the Lisburn Rd. area.  My greatgrandfather Thomas was the gardener at Malone Reformatory.  Ring any bells?