Author Topic: belfast chippy pastie recipe??? Anyone??  (Read 36227 times)

Hoover

Re: recipe for pasties
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2019, 10:14:48 AM »
When My mother used to own a chippy she made pasties from left over chips[/size]ChipsRaw pork Sausage one to 30onionBlack peppersaltall minced and made into a pattie and cooled and then battered  :-**

henry irwin

Re: belfast chippy pastie recipe??? Anyone??
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2019, 12:10:15 PM »
aye the old Belfast pastie ,cheaper than a laxative , and worked twice as fast. eat two and you could out run a race horse.

valkillow

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2019, 02:52:19 PM »
When My mother used to own a chippy she made pasties from left over chips[/size]ChipsRaw pork Sausage one to 30onionBlack peppersaltall minced and made into a pattie and cooled and then battered  :-**

Thank you

stickleback

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2019, 06:36:56 PM »
When My mother used to own a chippy she made pasties from left over chips[/size]ChipsRaw pork Sausage one to 30onionBlack peppersaltall minced and made into a pattie and cooled and then battered  :-* *

Thanks for this, Hoover.

I kind of followed most of it but being the thicko I am I got a bit lost with the bit that said : one to 30.

What does that mean ?

Thanks Hoover.

* I want my Ulster pastie and I want it now  ;)

Billy Fish

« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2019, 09:36:12 AM »
Out for a drive yesterday, we stopped off at a Fish & Chip shop in Cloughey, the next village after Portavogie. Mrs Fish had a Pastie Supper and I had a Fish Supper. Mrs Fish said it was the best pastie she could remember and my Fish was the best I have tasted since Harry Ramsdens closed down. Highly recommend if your in that area.  O0
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

jillyfred

« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2019, 09:57:52 AM »
Out for a drive yesterday, we stopped off at a Fish & Chip shop in Cloughey, the next village after Portavogie. Mrs Fish had a Pastie Supper and I had a Fish Supper. Mrs Fish said it was the best pastie she could remember and my Fish was the best I have tasted since Harry Ramsdens closed down. Highly recommend if your in that area.  O0
====
Thank you Billy for the recommendation.
You cannot beat `the word of mouth`!!!

jilly

syriana

« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2019, 10:20:44 AM »

I didn't realise that there was a chippy in Cloughey - I will give it a try.  There are good ones in Millisle and at Portavogie Harbour.  There are also two in Portaferry which I thought were a tad mediocre - but you can get a fantastic fish supper in the Portaferry Hotel.  Good fish and chips are my favourite food but I can't give an opinion on a chippie's  pasties - I feel guilty admitting that I have never liked them, even when I was a boy.

I had lunch with some friends last week in the new Lighthouse Bar and Grill in Donaghadee.  My fish and thrice fried chips were crispy and excellent but I felt envious of one of my friends who had giant lumps of deep fried monkfish scampi.  When she seen me salivating she felt sorry for me and gave me piece - org-gas-mic!
No answer is an answer.

Bigali

« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2019, 10:27:10 AM »
I didn't realise that there was a chippy in Cloughey - I will give it a try.  There are good ones in Millisle and at Portavogie Harbour.  There are also two in Portaferry which I thought were a tad mediocre - but you can get a fantastic fish supper in the Portaferry Hotel.  Good fish and chips are my favourite food but I can't give an opinion on a chippie's  pasties - I feel guilty admitting that I have never liked them, even when I was a boy.

I had lunch with some friends last week in the new Lighthouse Bar and Grill in Donaghadee.  My fish and thrice fried chips were excellent but I felt envious of one of my friends who had giant lumps of monkfish scampi.  When he seen me salivating he felt sorry for me and gave me piece - org-gas-mic!

The Dirty Duck in Holywood does fantastic scampi  :nyam:
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

jillyfred

« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2019, 11:15:53 AM »
Thank you also Syriana for your recommendations.
Its always good to know a good place when one is in the areas.

jilly

Billy Fish

« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2019, 12:36:11 PM »

I had lunch with some friends last week in the new Lighthouse Bar and Grill in Donaghadee.  My fish and thrice fried chips were crispy and excellent but I felt envious of one of my friends who had giant lumps of deep fried monkfish scampi.  When she seen me salivating she felt sorry for me and gave me piece - org-gas-mic!

It's called 'Chip Buddy' and it's on the right hand side before you come to Watsons Centra. Have tried McClements, I think it's called in Millisle, not bad at all. Many a good place to eat in the Dee, the Bull & Claw is quite good. The two in Portaferry, the Ferry Grill and Captain Jacks are as you say mediocre and very bland. The one at the harbour in Portavogie is very hit and miss, I feel. Chip Buddy on the other hand is lovely food.  :)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

henry irwin

« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2019, 02:00:11 PM »
do you not cook anymore.

RASDUS

« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2019, 09:13:37 PM »
If you seen price of pasties in that christmas market,
Pastie with salad 4
Pastie with bap 5
Pastie with salad bap n cheese 6,
Yes i tried one,there not pink like most are doing now but still spicey

CMcG

« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2019, 09:51:20 PM »

... Many a good place to eat in the Dee, the Bull & Claw is quite good ...

Sad to say, badly damaged in a fire:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50659519

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

pete57

« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2019, 09:58:47 PM »
I tried to make my own pastie once .. it was lovely when i ate it . but i had to lie in bed for a week afterwards while it slowly digested in my stomach ...and it took a further two weeks to expel the wind . I may make more in the future,  If your interested mail me and i will send my recipe.   :0)

Dot/dash

« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2019, 10:56:19 PM »
I tried to make my own pastie once .. it was lovely when i ate it . but i had to lie in bed for a week afterwards while it slowly digested in my stomach ...and it took a further two weeks to expel the wind . I may make more in the future,  If your interested mail me and i will send my recipe.   :0)

are you for real pete  .. I'd need to have a hole in my head to request your recipe   ..  trapped wind/2 weeks   ..   

no thanks   ..   I once got hold of a pasty recipe  ..  followed the instructions/ingredients to a tee  ..  main spice

was nutmeg   ..    sliced the log like mass   ..  cooked on the bbq    ..    my God it was revolting   .. 

never again for me   ..   I'll stick to the traditional Cornish pasty  ..  baked in Cornwall ..   all ingredients locally

sourced ..     :dance:

love me          love my gelding