Author Topic: ewarts row ppl?  (Read 30282 times)

Dionysius51

Re: ewarts row ppl?
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2013, 01:24:30 AM »
Dionysius51.... How is my Grandmother Lucy Thompson your Auntie...  ???

Hi Gel, sent you a PM.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep not screaming, like the passengers in his car.. ;-)

gismo

« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2013, 12:03:20 AM »
hi talking of music i rem sally watters singing to me the popular song of that time connie frances whoes sorry now aa oh to be young again gismo

juniper2001

« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2013, 12:02:12 AM »
i rem andy kinkaid an what we called the steam roller he used to park outside his door the first door in ewarts row when it came down the street the houses used to shake its a wonder they didnt fall down as they were falling down anyway we lived in 66 the hutchinsons

I haven't logged in here for a long time, so only just saw this. Andy Kincaid was my grandfather  :) 

CMcG

« Reply #153 on: December 27, 2014, 09:22:22 AM »
Ewarts Row early 1900s:

CherylBernadette

« Reply #154 on: May 07, 2019, 04:02:41 PM »
 I know this an old post, but I am wondering if anyone can help. Long story short I stumbled across something last night that has made me go hunting and trolling the internet until the wee hours of this morning.  I try to use this site as my last resort. Not in a bad way. I just  try as hard as I can do my own digging before asking for help.

Long story short. Well as short as it can be I need to explain a few things  so this makes sense and if kin see this and aren't thinking some nutter is pulling info out of thin air. It happens  . My great granda John Ardis  was exiled from his family when he married my great granny Catherine Mclaughlin back in about 1915 due to him converting faiths. Well I have never been able to find anything about his burial location. He passed in 1951 living at 8 Glenpark at the time. A relative swears he was laid to rest at Friars Bush, but I can't find.

Anyway, last night someone found a small newspaper snippet and sent to me  and it says

ARDIS - August 24, 19559 (Suddenly) JOHN (JACK) ARDIS 8 Glenpark Street - Deeply regretted by his sister sorrowing sister, Margaret Patterson, Newtownards and cousin , Lissie Williamson, 61 Ewarts Row.

Until this, I had no proof that anyone on his side had any link to his. I am in touch with Margaret Pattersons nee Ardis  granddaughter; she never knew about my G granda either, so this is comforting knowing even if is was in secret they had some relationship. Now I am wondering who Lissie Williamson is? Since my family were all raised with no links with our Ardis side we know nothing of that side of that family.  I would love to know who his cousin was, if only to even the playing field in my family tree. Its very one side heavy  :D [size=78%]     [/size]

CMcG

« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2019, 08:42:36 AM »

... Now I am wondering who Lissie Williamson is? ...

Other death notices in the Belfast Telegraph over time confirm that 'Lissie' was Elizabeth, the wife of David Williamson, here is the family grave in Belfast City Cemetery, click on each 'View details' for more information:
https://dof.belfastcity.gov.uk/burialsearch/BurialSearch.aspx?GraveSection=J1&GraveNumber=59&CemeteryName=City%20Cemetery%20-%20Glenalina%20Extension

In the above grave, Jean Williamson who died in 1938 was David and Elizabeth's daughter (again I know that from a death notice).  I then looked for a death notice for the grave occupant Mary Spence who died in 1934 and found the following, the last few words of which proved illuminating:

To cut to the chase, David Williamson married Elizabeth Spence in 1922,  Elizabeth Spence was born in 1901 to parents Thomas Spence and Mary Ardis, who were married in 1897, Mary's father was John Ardis...

Elizabeth's birth:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1901/01946/1752284.pdf

Her parent's marriage:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1897/10468/5812097.pdf

CMcG

« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2019, 12:24:17 PM »

... Now I am wondering who Lissie Williamson is? ...

The death notices for David and Elizabeth Williamson in 1962 and 1970 respectively provide details of their immediate children and beyond:

- a son David and daughter-in-law Gladys and granddaughter Maureen, in London;
- a daughter Lily and son-in-law Sammy (Blain) of 28 Linwood Street Belfast - also in this line, grandson David, grandson Samuel and his wife Ann and their daughter Pamela (ie. greatgranddaughter), also granddaughters (and their husbands) Jean and Norman, Gladys and David;
- a daughter Sarah and son-in-law Billy (Miscandlon) and grandson Billy of 82 Hillview Street Belfast.

CherylBernadette

« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2019, 02:23:30 PM »

To cut to the chase, David Williamson married Elizabeth Spence in 1922,  Elizabeth Spence was born in 1901 to parents Thomas Spence and Mary Ardis, who were married in 1897, Mary's father was John Ardis...

Elizabeth's birth:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1901/01946/1752284.pdf

Her parent's marriage:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1897/10468/5812097.pdf

I have said it before, and I will say it again. I wish I know how to thank you. When I hit a wall you are always the one who comes with a shinning light. I truly am grateful and if anything I can help with.... non genealogy please let me know 

CMcG

« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2019, 03:36:45 PM »

You're welcome.  :)

CherylBernadette

« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2019, 08:48:33 PM »
You're welcome.  :)

Do you mind if I email you on here?

CMcG

« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2019, 10:14:53 PM »

Do you mind if I email you on here?

I've pm'ed you.  :)

CherylBernadette

« Reply #161 on: May 10, 2019, 01:19:28 PM »
I've pm'ed you.  :)

I tried to respond to you here, but your settings are not allowing emails to go though.  My email will come from [email protected]

CMcG

« Reply #162 on: May 10, 2019, 01:34:41 PM »

I tried to respond to you here, but your settings are not allowing emails to go though.  My email will come from [email protected]

Have sent you a test message...