Author Topic: ewarts row ppl?  (Read 30877 times)

Rosser

Re: ewarts row ppl?
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2010, 08:00:09 PM »
Hi ExPat, was his surname Clarke,Do you remember the wee room he had at his house and how you got into it ::)  always thought there was something funny about that.
How's yer belly off for blackheads

jmac

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2010, 10:25:34 PM »
Hi ExPat, was his surname Clarke,Do you remember the wee room he had at his house and how you got into it ::)  always thought there was something funny about that.
his name was Harry Clarke & he lived near the bottom of Ewarts Row, not Walton st, he had a shed built in his back yard,people went up the entry between Ewarts Row & Walton st & climbed over his yard wall to get into the shed ::) 
Illegitimi Non Carborundum.

Ubique

Rosser

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2010, 10:40:52 PM »
Youre right jmac, there was no door as such, you got in through a trap door in the roof like a submarine :pogranichnik: :to_clue:
strange setup indeed

jmac

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2010, 10:55:41 PM »
Youre right jmac, there was no door as such, you got in through a trap door in the roof like a submarine :pogranichnik: :to_clue:
strange setup indeed
he ran Everton boys football club & there was a wee club house,if my memory hasn't failed me, at the corner of Geoffrey st & Vistula st. I played for the team for a while.

Ubique

Rosser

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2010, 11:43:02 PM »
I played for them as well for a short time in the early 70s, he took us all on a camping trip to Helens bay :D  tried it on with one of the guys and lo and behold his tent was burned to the ground :D

Expat74

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2010, 06:20:21 PM »
Yea, I remember that, didnt he live with Henry Watt and his Granny ??( I think that was his name) I dont think I would have trusted him with my kids..

jmac

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2010, 06:44:52 PM »
I'm almost certain he lived with his mother

Ubique

rusty

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2010, 07:51:37 PM »
JMAC RAYMOND SAYS UR RITE HE LIVED WIF HIS MUM. HOPE UR WELL U 2 EXPAT XX

jmac

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2010, 08:04:16 PM »
I'm not always right,but I'm never wrong :D  hope you're all keeping well :smile: I would never go into aul harrys den alone,aways had some back up & stood with my [censored] against the wall ;) :D

Ubique

rusty

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2010, 08:06:08 PM »
I KNOW WOT U MEAN RAYMOND SAYS THE SAME !!!!!!!

Expat74

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2010, 09:50:45 PM »
Hi Rusty, Hows Raymond and yourself doing, all's well here except for all the smoke from the forest fires around us, still thinking about comin' "home" next year, will let u know when, maybe get a bunch of us old farts from walton st and ewarts row together, maybe even let some of them from everton st come too, lol...anyhow take care ..Ray

rusty

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2010, 09:55:59 PM »
Hi Rusty, hows Raymond, all's well here, really smokey though due to all the forest fires around us...
   HOPE THEYRE NOT TO NEAR U. SCARY STUFF!!!   raymonds doin ok . dont know if i told u but his wee mum passed away 5th may after bein in hospital 6 wks. shed been ill for a year but no one knew how bad. shes not suffering anymore n thats how we r gettin thro. . any sign of u comin over b good for u 2 get 2gether with jmac n raymond im sure many an ear would b burnin lol  take care. x

Expat74

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2010, 09:58:26 PM »
Sorry to hear about Raymonds Mom, give him my condolances, the fires are close, but see what happens, hopefully nothing bad, closest one is about 13000 acres, hard to breath with all the smoke, cant even see my back yard out the window...

HOPE THEYRE NOT TO NEAR U. SCARY STUFF!!!   raymonds doin ok . dont know if i told u but his wee mum passed away 5th may after bein in hospital 6 wks. shed been ill for a year but no one knew how bad. shes not suffering anymore n thats how we r gettin thro. . any sign of u comin over b good for u 2 get 2gether with jmac n raymond im sure many an ear would b burnin lol  take care. x

rusty

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2010, 10:03:11 PM »
Sorry to hear about Raymonds Mom, give him my condolances, the fires are close, but see what happens, hopefully nothing bad, closest one is about 13000 acres, hard to breath with all the smoke, cant even see my back yard out the window...
   thank you will do . keep safe n let us know how u get on. xx

jmac

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2010, 10:08:38 PM »
Hi Ray, at least it's not C S gas, bet that would bring back memories, lol, :D I,d forgot about henry watt, he was joey watts wee brother wasn't he?  cheers, jmac :smile:   

Ubique