Author Topic: erskine mayne  (Read 5683 times)

Boydee

Re: erskine mayne
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 06:32:10 PM »
Hello Ann-Marie am trying to name those I worked with in Erskine Mayne  was your sister in Accounts Dept in SP buildings
or in the upstairs office in the bookshop?

Helen kerr

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2019, 08:13:11 PM »
Who was your sister who worked in the office of bookshop. I worked there for years.  I have been trying to get in touch with some of the girls who worked there in the seventies.

Boydee

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 05:07:40 PM »
Helen Kerr did you have a brother called Tom

Helen kerr

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2019, 06:07:35 PM »
Yes, my brother was called Tom.  I worked in the office above the bookshop for years.  You must have worked with me to know that so please reply quick as I am dying to know who you are.

Helen kerr

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2019, 07:08:01 PM »
Just noticed I did not address my last post to Boydee.  I take it was not posted to the email address of that person. Hopefully this will be posted and I will get a reply.  Boydee please refer to the forum for my last message.
Thank you.
Helen Kerr.

Convill

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2019, 11:53:21 PM »
My uncle Edmond Curry used to work for Erskine Mayne's as a sales rep. He seemed to be in the shop in Donegall Square East mostly.

Helen kerr

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2019, 07:37:06 PM »
Convill,
I knew Eddy Curry.  He worked in Donegal square east branch along with Etta Murdock, Sammy McGoogan, Bobby Seanan and Miss Mayne was in the print room.  A lot of other people worked there at that time.
Helen Kerr

Convill

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2019, 09:47:27 PM »
It's so nice to be in touch with someone who worked with my uncle Edmond. He was my mother (Lily Curry's brother). She took over cleaning the office and also the bookshop in Donegall Square West. I used to help her sometimes. He was a great uncle and very competitive. I was a fencer and he came with me to competitions when he could.

Helen kerr

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2019, 08:05:57 PM »
Convill.
I remember two different ladies who cleaned the bookshop and office upstairs where I worked. Cannot remember the First Ladies name but she had two sons, Alan and George and one of them used to help her although if I remember right they both came to work for erskine mayne.  The other lady was called Evelen and  I think she was related to the First Lady.

Helen Kerr