Author Topic: Help Find Harry Graham b 1930's  (Read 2628 times)

lyttle

Help Find Harry Graham b 1930's
« on: March 07, 2007, 12:08:12 PM »
I am trying to help a friend, Tommy Moore, in tracing a Harry Graham, Harry as a child in the 1940s was evacuated from Ormeau Road, Belfast, during WWII, he was placed with a family called Wright of Margaret Street in Portadown.  He attended the Hart Memorial School there, Harry became a good friend of one of his new neighbours and class-mate named Tommy Moore of Henry Street, both would be now in their seventies.  The last time Harry and Tommy met was about 1946 when Harry was taking part in a cycle tour of Ireland.

It is believed that Harry had a brother named John who became a school teacher.
Tommy Moore would love to know what became of Harry and would love to get in touch with him, can anyone please help?
Regards,

Jim.
 Re: Help Find Harry Graham b 1930's
Reply #7 on: Today at 01:20:44    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Christopher on 23:00:26, 09/03/07
Have you tried the Belfast Telegraph, Jim ??? There was a letter in tonight's paper from a guy in Canada who had been looking for an old school friend for over forty years. He'd lost touch when he went to Canada in the 1950s. He posted a letter to the Tele recently and made contact with his friend two days ago. He's going to meet his friend when he comes to Belfast in a couple
of weeks time.

Hello Chris,

Harry Graham Found!

your idea of sending a letter to the Belfast Telegraph has paid off, it was published today, St. Patrick's Day.  Only hours after publication, at 7.00 pm I had a telephone call from a lovely lady who lives in Belfast, she gave me Harry's brother John's telephone number, John lives in NI, on calling him he was able to give me Harry's telephone number in Canada where Harry and his Belfast wife emigrated to many years ago.  Immediately I telephoned Harry, he was delighted and said "I cant believe this is happening, how wonderful"

I'm sure the story is only beginning, Harry and Tommy will be in contact with each other within the coming days.  I sent Harry details of the 'Belfast Forum' which has been the seed which has borne fruit.  I am much indebted to you for your wise guidance.

Kind regards,

Jim.

"In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday."

KERRY

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 12:16:52 PM »
hi could you tell me if this tommy moore has any connections with the moores who lived in ligoniel road or limehill street ?  thanks

lyttle

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 01:30:56 PM »
Thanks Kerry for responding.  I phoned Tommy Moore to ask your question, he said that he does not have any relatives living in Belfast.  Hope we have success in tracing Harry Graham.
Regards,
Jim.

Christopher

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 01:42:05 PM »
Hiya Jim,

Have you checked with the Ulster Teachers Union to see if there was a John Graham on their list at any time? I'm sure if you explained the situation they might be willing to assist. If you could trace John he might know the whereabouts of Harry.

Chris

lyttle

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 02:07:58 PM »
Thanks Christopher, will follow up the Ulster Teachers Union angle.

Jim.