Author Topic: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.  (Read 2070545 times)

Dawson

Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.
« on: November 06, 2009, 02:00:40 PM »
Anyone out there originally from Excise Street and the Grosvenor Road and would anyone have any photos.

darin

Re: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 11:32:31 AM »
do you know a bobby brown from excise st he would be in his late 60s he married a girl from little grosvenor st called elizabeth catherwood . if you know their present addres ,post it on my thread    darin.

Dawson

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 05:18:38 PM »
I remember Bobby and his sisters. I think Bobby might have joined the RAF because he was always talking about it. Another Brown, George Brown also from Excise Street joined the army as a musician.

darin

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 01:17:43 PM »
hi dawson  not sure if its the same bobby brown . he was married in 1972. if you know his present address ,let me know?  thanks for your help.    darin

dilligaf

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 11:41:57 PM »
Hi Dawson,I'm from excise street originally and if i'm not mistaken you know my big bro very well! He is Stephen Hanna and we were just talking about you and a few others that lived there and the fun we had. Do you remember playing "kick the tin" just where the 4 streets met and the tin going through Mrs Gills window  :swoon:  .she didn't come out to shout and we all thought she had dropped dead with the shock!Must tell stevie to join the forum so he can join in the fun of the good ole days!

Dawson

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 10:43:51 PM »
Hello dilligaf,
Glad to hear from you. I certainly remember Stephen and he lived in the corner house (No 46?) and his dad was a van driver. Many a time we played 'marleys' at the side of his house and football at the church hall. Mrs Gill must have been demented. I also remember he had a sister called Slyvia and the last time I seen him was Millisle in the First & Last. There is another thread started by me about the Salvation Army in Selby Street/Buckingham Street and there is a photo with Stephen and many others from the Grosvenor. Get him on to the BF ASAP.
Peter

dilligaf

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 12:28:41 AM »
Hi Peter,this is the second reply i have typed to you tonight because i don't know where the first one went!!!!!! It may show up elsewhere on the forum cause like stevie i'm not very computer savvy! Told him in a txt that Dawson was on here and right away he said i bet that it's Peter! He went home and had a nosey but it might be Friday when he calls in with me before he gets on here to leave a message for you. I had a look at your photograph and cannot pick stevie out at all (im ashamed to say).Will txt him tomorrow and let him know you have been intouch and hopefully i will get him to sign up to the forum.Take care peter and keep intouch.
 sonia

Dawson

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 04:17:55 PM »
I replied earlier but the post appears to have disappeared. I will wait and see if Stephen picks himself out. Tell him to look out for my brothers and me, Robert Caves, Freddie McLaughlin, Jimmy Patterson,  Norman Killen (deceased), Molly McCormick, Lily Patterson, Barbara Irvine, May Blood (Baroness?), etc.
I will be in Portugal from the 18th until the 28th so i hope that Stephen will have all the answers.
Merry Christmas

Dawson

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 04:44:04 PM »

Dawson

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 04:45:40 PM »
The previous post is two gentlemen in Buckingham Street. Does anyone know who they are ????

Dawson

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 04:53:12 PM »

Dawson

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 04:54:05 PM »
Genoa Street is the previous paste

Dawson

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 05:04:44 PM »

Dawson