Author Topic: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.  (Read 1541439 times)

colin randell

Re: Excise Street, Grosvenor Road.
« Reply #12855 on: June 05, 2018, 08:56:44 PM »
Hi james tommy lee  not his name real name is Tom Dornan lived with John Murray and the Lee's Maggie lee was his aunt 26 was the shoe repair shop 28 was the Murrays house now if that was 28 why do you not see Ronnie Johnson's parlour window now looking at the photo 8 could be Matthew Lee           regards  Colin
Hi James i'm going to stick with 3 and 6 Micheal & Hue Cunningham these two are brothers   Michael is in other photos at Queen Victoria but no name against them the girls don't even know them maybe I'm to young (lol)          Can't answer anymore in this photo who haven't been spotted  hate been beat  this one is doing my head in    regards   Colin

colin randell

« Reply #12856 on: June 05, 2018, 09:09:28 PM »
I have been offered to ride Route 66 with clubs that go every 3 years they know it backwards but I have left it open the last club leaves in September so plenty of time to think of what I'm doing  I was always told bad news comes in 3 (s) now number 2 may have arrived  but have to wait till more tests are done     Here's hoping good news                regards   Colin

boxer1949

« Reply #12857 on: June 05, 2018, 09:15:11 PM »
ANY NAMES ?

murph

« Reply #12858 on: June 05, 2018, 10:23:17 PM »
Hi all..anyone know a Leo donaghy he  owned the scrap yard at the Grosvenor road end of cullingtree road I'm asking for a friend..thanks....Murph .

James James

« Reply #12859 on: June 06, 2018, 05:49:20 AM »
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,33601.msg2038826.html#msg2038826

Hi all..anyone know a Leo Donaghy he  owned the scrap yard at the Grosvenor Road end of Cullingtree Road I'm asking for a friend..thanks.... Murph.
These were posted in December 2011 in reply to a picture that had been posted by boxer1949,...

Everytime I see that scrapyard at the corner of the Cullingtree Road I thank them for pulling me out of many a hole. Was it Stows ?

No Stows was in the Markets two guys own that yard Frank McGreevy the other guy cant remember his name it will come to me got it Leo Donaghy

James James

« Reply #12860 on: June 06, 2018, 06:04:00 AM »

colin randell

« Reply #12861 on: June 10, 2018, 08:21:02 PM »
Hi all..anyone know a Leo donaghy he  owned the scrap yard at the Grosvenor road end of cullingtree road I'm asking for a friend..thanks....Murph .
Hi Murph There was two scrap yards in Cullingtree road first one was on the corner of the Grosvenor road with one or two houses and that was the block then Slate street still on the left hand side  you had Lyle and Kinahan (spelling?) facing it was the second scrap yard   I know a chap how used both if he can remember there names will let you know                      regards  Colin

colin randell

« Reply #12862 on: June 10, 2018, 08:39:07 PM »

Hi James and Boxer sorry don't recognize any in this photo the bricked up door behind them doesn't help I don't remember any houses bricked up in my time  Houses were bricked up to stop people moving into them before knocking them down                  regards   Colin

murph

« Reply #12863 on: June 10, 2018, 09:33:30 PM »
Hi James and Boxer sorry don't recognize any in this photo the bricked up door behind them doesn't help I don't remember any houses bricked up in my time  Houses were bricked up to stop people moving into them before knocking them down                  regards   Colin
...thanks Colin.

Dawson

« Reply #12864 on: June 17, 2018, 11:30:45 AM »
Over 1.5 million views. Unbelievable. Many thanks everyone.
In the 2nd photo I don't recognise anybody. Anyone know anybody???

LONE RANGER

« Reply #12865 on: July 05, 2018, 06:54:05 AM »
Over 1.5 million views. Unbelievable. Many thanks everyone.
In the 2nd photo I don't recognise anybody. Anyone know anybody???
                Things seem to have slowed down or nearly become unvisitable on the Belfast Forum I for one seldom visit the site anymore for that I apologise , but I was thinking was there anything deeper than not contacting the Belfast Forum anymore .

LONE RANGER

« Reply #12866 on: July 05, 2018, 02:39:07 PM »
                Things seem to have slowed down or nearly become unvisitable on the Belfast Forum I for one seldom visit the site anymore for that I apologise , but I was thinking was there anything deeper than not contacting the Belfast Forum anymore .
           See what I mean not one comment .

James James

« Reply #12867 on: July 05, 2018, 02:54:51 PM »
1)  Things seem to have slowed down or nearly become unvisitable on the Belfast Forum

2) I for one seldom visit the site anymore for that I apologise , but I was thinking was there anything deeper than not contacting the Belfast Forum anymore .
:) Well here's a comment. What exactly and specifically do you mean in your two comments. ?!

ldugan

« Reply #12868 on: July 05, 2018, 04:12:51 PM »

These lads are from the Cavendish st area. Michael Mc Donnell who runs the Cavendish st area group on facebook is in it.

James James

« Reply #12869 on: July 05, 2018, 04:32:31 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/groups/201390443255329/

"About This Group"  "Description"  "Cavendish Street Area"

"This group was set up for anybody who came from or knows anyone who came from the wee streets around St Pauls Church. Violet-Crocus-Hawthorn- Earlscourt-Harrogate-Iris St and Iris Drive-Oakman- Gorfin and of course Cavendish St and Cavendish Square.  Beechmount have a group Clonard & Ballymurphy but we don't fit into any of these categories so that's why we are here.Please feel free to put photos past or present,hope evryone enjoys the group.We have also added Fort - Forfar -Forest- Dimsdale and  Dunstan Streets"